• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WE TOLD YOU SO

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
0
Location
The good ole USA
headlines on drudge:

Homeownership rates plummet to 66%...

CBO says real unemployment at 10%...

Federal taxes to jump 30% in 2 years...

S&P Warns of Cuts; Another US Downgrade Coming?
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
0
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
Jobless Rate Is 11.4% With Realistic Labor Force Participation Rate

When people leave the labor force it could be due to discouragement of the long-term unemployed or by choice over retirement or child care. The labor force has dropped dramatically over the course of recession and recovery, and concerns have been raised it was due to discouraged workers.
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
Don't worry guys Obama was in North Carolina campaign and telling them he is sending the Congress his plan to fix the mortgage problem YET AGAIN . He is going to make it eazier for homeowners to refinance their mortgages at record low rates and save $3000 per year.

What is this about his fourth time but somehow he has it all figured out this time. :wink:

:roll:
 

Larrry

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
0
Location
The good ole USA
Tam said:
Don't worry guys Obama was in North Carolina campaign and telling them he is sending the Congress his plan to fix the mortgage problem YET AGAIN . He is going to make it eazier for homeowners to refinance their mortgages at record low rates and save $3000 per year.

What is this about his fourth time but somehow he has it all figured out this time. :wink:

:roll:

Paid for with a tax on banks. Do you suppose the bankers will take it out of their pocket or maybe just pass it on to the cash strapped consumer in a down trodden economy. Yep that ought to real put a spark in the economy. obama and another failed plan
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
You can bet if the housing market hits rock bottom and finally starts to FIX ITSELF Obama will be right there telling his wingnut supporters the rebound is due to his efforts. :roll:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
..Hot start: Dow and S&P have best January since '97A slow, steady climb leads Dow and S&P to their best January since 1997

By Pallavi Gogoi, AP Business Writer | Associated Press – 20 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) -- It's the best start for stocks in 15 years.

In what was mostly a slow and steady climb, the Dow Jones industrial average rose 3.4 percent in January and the Standard & Poor's 500 gained 4.4 percent, the best performances for both indexes to open a year since 1997.

Investors were encouraged by modest but welcome improvement in the U.S. economy, including an 8.5 percent unemployment rate, the lowest in almost three years. Corporate profits didn't wow anyone — except Apple's — but they were good enough.

In the areas where people really want to work- they are finding jobs.. The just released last quarter unemployment rate for MT was 6.8%- and that number would be much lower except for the reservation counties and old hippy counties where it runs as high as 9-10% (and will never go down because they don't want to work)... Local county is 4.3% with many of the neighboring counties in the 2% range...
 

hypocritexposer

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
0
Location
real world
seems the media has been able to fool OT....AGAIN.

February 1, 2012
Obamanomics Has Government Workers Happy
By Investor's Business Daily

Economy: The media's "improving economy" this election year exists only in Democrats' talking points. A new congressional report shows that joblessness is underestimated, while debt skyrockets.

Thirty-six pages into the Congressional Budget Office's "Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022," released Tuesday, is the news that "the unemployment rate in the fourth quarter of 2011 would have been about 1 1/4 percentage points higher than the actual rate of 8.7%" once the "unusually large decline over so short a time" in labor force participation is factored out.

This means that, contrary to the claims of a media rooting for Obama re-election, the real jobless rate is nearly 10% - belying the notion of an Obama-led "recovery."

Moreover, citing the soon-to-expire Bush tax cuts, CBO warns that "the dampening effects of the increase in tax rates in 2013," along with the impact of retiring baby boomers, will "more than offset" demand for labor as the economy recovers.

Worse, as CNS News' Terry Jeffrey notes, the CBO forecasts a 30% jump in tax revenues between 2012 and 2014. The U.S. economy will perform "below its potential" for the next six years, the CBO says, with the unemployment rate remaining above 7% for the next three.

In short, if current policies continue, "hope" and "change" - at least in the form of a prosperous economy - won't be coming any time soon.

If that weren't bad enough, the CBO forecast another $1 trillion deficit this year and $4.7 trillion over the next four years, as the government speeds toward a fiscal abyss on a trip financed by the taxpayers' credit card.

"Four straight years of trillion-dollar deficits, no credible plan to lift the crushing burden of debt," complained House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., in reaction to the report.

But as private-sector workers get stiffed, are their government counterparts feeling their pain? In a separate but not unrelated report, the CBO noted that federal employees' lavish pay and benefits put them far ahead of their private sector counterparts.

Noncollege educated federal workers averaged "36% higher total compensation than similar private-sector employees," the CBO said. Those with a bachelor's degree, meanwhile, averaged 15% higher. Overall, "the federal government paid 16% more in total compensation" than the private sector.

The dominant media may tell you a new day is dawning in Obama's America. In fact, our overfed government is partying, while those of us in the private sector pick up the tab for its excesses.
 

Lonecowboy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
0
Location
eastern Montana
Oldtimer said:
In the areas where people really want to work- they are finding jobs.. The just released last quarter unemployment rate for MT was 6.8%- and that number would be much lower except for the reservation counties and old hippy counties where it runs as high as 9-10% (and will never go down because they don't want to work)... Local county is 4.3% with many of the neighboring counties in the 2% range...

oldtimer are you advocating "Drill Baby Drill"?? :D
 

Larrry

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
0
Location
The good ole USA
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
In the areas where people really want to work- they are finding jobs.. The just released last quarter unemployment rate for MT was 6.8%- and that number would be much lower except for the reservation counties and old hippy counties where it runs as high as 9-10% (and will never go down because they don't want to work)... Local county is 4.3% with many of the neighboring counties in the 2% range...

oldtimer are you advocating "Drill Baby Drill"?? :D

The bad thing is that when you decrease a percentage point in remote Montana it doesn't account for many people but if you up the percentage a point or two back east it is a heck of a lot of people. You can not base an assumption of the wellness of the country based on a remote area of Montana, Utah, Nevad or Wyoming. To do so is just pandering to the obama regime cultists.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
In the areas where people really want to work- they are finding jobs.. The just released last quarter unemployment rate for MT was 6.8%- and that number would be much lower except for the reservation counties and old hippy counties where it runs as high as 9-10% (and will never go down because they don't want to work)... Local county is 4.3% with many of the neighboring counties in the 2% range...

oldtimer are you advocating "Drill Baby Drill"?? :D

I always have...And more coalmining along with building clean coal plants..... I think we should be looking at all forms of energy and not relying on just one or two...
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
oldtimer are you advocating "Drill Baby Drill"?? :D

I always have...And more coalmining along with building clean coal plants..... I think we should be looking at all forms of energy and not relying on just one or two...

And you voted for the guy that said this


So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

You really are an OLD FOOL aren't you. :roll:
 

Larrry

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
0
Location
The good ole USA
ot's stated stance on this board is that he is on opposite sides of obama on spending, energy production, humane society, openness of government, family values, to name a few.
Then he is a charter member in thye obama regime cult..only from the left :roll:
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,482
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Larrry said:
ot's stated stance on this board is that he is on opposite sides of obama on spending, energy production, humane society, openness of government, family values, to name a few.
Then he is a charter member in thye obama regime cult..only from the left :roll:

He is not on the opposite side of lying like Buckwheat...................
 

Latest posts

Top