• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather Forecasts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
Weather is the ONE topic that everyone loves to talk and speculate about!Who do you rely on for weather forecasts and how accurate are they? Perhaps you would also like to get into weather folklore; (some feel its more accurate :wink: ). For our own local forecasts I prefer internet reports by The Weather Network; they give a better read on our local conditions and a more accurate forecast than Environment Canada!

Greg and I use the AMA {Alberta Motor Association} Thier weather and road reports can be found right down to our town.And are right on accurate.

I like the National Weather Service- noaa.gov....They not only give a forecast but have a weathermans discussion area where the forecasters put down the reasoning behind their forecast-- the different computer scenarios and a feeling to how much confidence they put in their forecast...

We have a multi million$ National Weather Service office and Doppler radar right here in town...Fantastic setup they have there with all the electronic and computer equipment they have...Over the years I have got to know several of the meteorologists quite well- and all will admit that many times in this country, even with all the technological developments, weather predicting is still a SWAG (scientific wild-assed guess)...This area is so tough to predict the weather in- but I've watched the progression of the technology- and we have so much more capability for give warnings and watchs...Should never see the days of the unexpected killer blizzards stranding and killing groups of people, it people keep informed....

I like to use Enviroment Canada some- their predictions for the Wood Mountain-Rockglen area many times are better for our northern part of the county...

Latest posts