• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sure wish you could send some of the moisture this way. We can't seem to get a nice rain. The last one we had came so fast that I don't think any soaked in just ran off down south. The litter in the pasture was even washed up. It will take a slow rain to soften up this ground so some will soak in.
It will proabably come later this week as we are to start to gather to wean on the week end.

* inches of snow in Cold Lake this A'M-we got 1-1 1/2 inches of snow and rain-what a mess. We won't wean here until we get a couple weeks of real cold weather to tighten things up a bit.

Seen pics of Cold Lake on news this eve :roll: Snows just starten here...isn't comin down too hard so maybe it won't be too bad.Was hopin to wean calves Thanksgiving weekend but looks like I'll be TRYING to get them home first.

still raining.....calling for ????SNOW??? tomorrow!! the hills have a nice white coat on them already! :shock: :shock:

It's a nice crisp 87 in Alabama today with clear skys. Expected down to 65 tonight. I just love this fall weather but I think the grass has stoped growing so I wil put out some hay to make up the diferance.

Alabama said:
It's a nice crisp 87 in Alabama today with clear skys. Expected down to 65 tonight. I just love this fall weather but I think the grass has stoped growing so I wil put out some hay to make up the diferance.

Our grass quit growing the 4th of July or earlier. We graze 10 - 11 months of the yeaar on dormant grass it seems.

My meadows are under from 1-2 feet of water and it's all running-never seen that this late up here-just packed a treestand in about 1/4 mile managed to find some places it was waist deep lol.

NR, we were kind of in your neck of the woods yesterday. It was a spur of the moment road trip. We couldn't believe how wet it was up there, and hardly no combining done yet. Made the guys feel not quite so bad about how it is here. (Did that come out right? :? )

Northern Rancher said:
My meadows are under from 1-2 feet of water and it's all running-never seen that this late up here-just packed a treestand in about 1/4 mile managed to find some places it was waist deep lol.

Let us know how big a one you get. :shock:

baling wire it really bites pretty hard to still hunt in chest waders-I put that stand up for a buddy that is coming out to hunt lol. My son has filled all the anterless tags with his bow already.

Latest posts