• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

week 4 1/2 "character" winner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
Here is the week 4.5 winner of the "Character" catagory. I'll let Tumbleweed tell ya'll about it.

character.jpg

I still need some entries for "funniest 2". Need them right quick if anyone has them handy.

cert said:
Here is the week 4.5 winner of the "Character" catagory. I'll let Tumbleweed tell ya'll about it.

character.jpg

I still need some entries for "funniest 2". Need them right quick if anyone has them handy.

My sister took that picture and I thought it was a good one. I'm busy at the brandings and don't have time to take pictures so I asked her if she would come and take some. She seems to have a knack for photographing people and enjoys doing it.

We brand for awhile, take a break, drink a beer, tell storys, change ropers then go back to work until the job is finished.

I don't know for sure what kind of camera she was using. My brother in law snapped a picture of her when we were taking a break and the camera she used is on her lap in the photo below.

Lilly I got a kick out of the look on my nephews face to. Looks like he was thinkin you need to pucker up and keep that smoke as far out in front of you as you can if you're gonna light it on a brandin iron.

sue400.jpg

Tumbleweed, that is a great picture. I'd ask you to find out what your nephew was thinking but I bet a lot of us are having fun putting our own thoughts to the pic. I agree with the priceless statement. Have both persons in the picture, seen this picture?

S.S.A.P. said:
Tumbleweed, that is a great picture. I'd ask you to find out what your nephew was thinking but I bet a lot of us are having fun putting our own thoughts to the pic. I agree with the priceless statement. Have both persons in the picture, seen this picture?

One of them probably has now, that it's been posted on this site! :wink: :lol:

He's all grown up now I wonder if he would be surprised to see it now. The hat was his Daddy's. And the old boy that was smoking is a one of a kind.

Reader the second it is kind of funny that you sometimes meet people that make you think of friends or family menbers. In the year and a half I traveled around the country driving truck I came accross several people that reminded me so much of people back home I had to stop and look twice. My nephew is a gentle, good hearted kid and he also wrestled and played football. He is now working in the oil and gas fields in wyoming. He grew up pretty big and he's not flabby. Heard from one of his friends who also works over in Wyo. that he sometimes fills in as a bouncer. Weighs in somewhere between 250 anc 300 pounds and all he has ever needed to do is put his hand on someones shoulder and tell them to settle down.

S.S.A.P. I know the older fellow in the picture has seen this photo but don't think my nephew has. I have enjoyed looking at the expression on my nephews face and wondering about his thoughts as well. Maybe sometime I'll ask him, that would be kind of fun.

Soapweed my nephew did learn to smoke and thats not a good thing. But it wasn't just my uncle that was setting an example for him. I smoked for ten years then quit and my uncle no longer smokes either. So even though we may not have set a very good example in the past we are now setting another example that we both hope he will learn and follow.

I posted a picture of the cow that was probably thinking about scattering the branding crew for the cattle photo contest. My sister drinking a beer and waiting for a photographic opportunity, my uncle rolling a smoke and showing my nephew how to light it on a branding iron. Out by the gate watching all the goings on and waiting for someone to drag one out was Jinglebob and I will post a photo of that below.

jinglebob400.jpg

Now we need a picture of Tumbleweed. Less there has been one posted and I missed it.

Jinglebob is set for an all day event...one can of snuff for mornin' and one for evenin' :)

All dressed up and no place to go. :wink: :cowboy: Darn I better quit using that emoticon cause I don't have a branding iron to light it. Plus it would melt my computer.

Great photos Tumbleweed. Take branding one took me back many years to some of the characters that I grew up around.

Man! That picture was taken a loooonnnnggg time ago! I don't remember being that skinny! :lol:

As fer the two cans of snoose, there is always a moocher on every crew, so I just started saving an old dried up can that I'd pass around to those who didn't quit chewin', but just quit buying snoose! :lol:

I'd moisten it a little for them, but I won't tell you what I moistened it with, at least what I told them I used! :shock: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cert said:
Now we need a picture of Tumbleweed. Less there has been one posted and I missed it.

Jinglebob is set for an all day event...one can of snuff for mornin' and one for evenin' :)

cert I guess me and my nephew were gettin the fire goin for the branding in this photo. The thing that always crosses my mind when I see a beat up hat is that someone was wearing it when it got all that abuse. Seems kind of awesome sometimes.

Tumbleweedandriley.jpg

Jinglebob, my husband is one of the moochers you mentioned! I would LOVE for him to mooch of you...would serve him right.

Oh, he pays everyone back at Christmas time, but I would think it would get darned aggravating having someone BUMMING all the time... :roll:

Latest posts