• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weird Game!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
I coached my daughter's novice hockey team today-we only had 5 skaters and a goalie-so the kids had to play 60 minutes straight. Talk about strange standing on an empty bench-I could only coach when the play went up ice and I could get ones attention. It all worked out good we won 38-1 and my little girl got 4 goals and 4 assists but was strange coaching.

Haytrucker

Reaction score
I don't know squat about hockey (no offense intended), but I'd guess that was a runaway score! I can see how it seemed strange.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Ohh the score wasn't it-it was having no kids on the players bench.Be like coaching football with nobody on the sideline.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Ohh the score wasn't it-it was having no kids on the players bench.Be like coaching football with nobody on the sideline.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
We got a pretty mighty novice team lol-we scored about 5 goals with only 3 skaters out there-they have two great coaches(the other guys not me)-they won three straight at a tourney yesterday. Nice to see 7-8 year olds cycling the puck-stretch passing and using the points. Lots of times all 5 players will get a pass on way to score-I made them all take a turn in net too-we just ran into a team we were a bit better than.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
I wish the bench was warm we were playing in an old unheated barn_I finally went and got a parent to keep me company lol. To top it all off we'd got up in the dark and travelled a 100 miles to play and the hometeam was two hours late-their coach read the schedule wrong lol. It's crazy travelling here right now the moose are on the move-one of our kids grandparents smacked one Friday and got hurt quite bad-abother one got hit Saturday night too-they are the worst animal to hit with a vehicle there is.

Heifer

Reaction score
Good job coach! Can I ask where "the old barn" was that you were skating in? I saw the Hillmond rink (and kids) on Hockey Night in Canada on Sat. night. It must be getting to be one of the oldest rinks around the country. They had a heck of a time getting ice in this year, and I wonder if it'll melt this week!

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
It was Spiritwood we played in the absolute worst rink for sight lines (Mundarew,Alta.) last weekend you couldn't see the corners from the players bench-that was pretty strange lol. So when do the little heiferettes strap on the blades lol.

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
Reminds me of a soccer game in Europe between the Poles and the Italians.

After many minutes of play the score was still 0-0.

Suddenly a factory whistle sounds in the distance. The Italians thought the game had ended and went home. 5 minutes later, the Poles scored.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
One of the hockey Dads bet Emily she wouldn't get a hattrick in the tournament this weekend-said he'd shave his head. Result looking for a set of clippers got a haircut to do lol.

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Way to go NR..... Your going to have a daughter that could be playing for Olympic gold some day soon!! Congrats!

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
She's having fun that's the main thing-my oldest daughter was playing basketball in same city so got to spend some time with my daughters this weekend. It's soo neat the atmosphere in the hotel-every team has their section of hallway claimed to play ministicks in-or else they're bombing down the waterslide-parents hanging out it is just a real fun time.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
We had quite a weekend -my oldest daughter's bball team took third in her tournament-my little girl went to 'A' final and lost out 6-5-they won the semifinal in overtime so that was pretty sweet. My Bantam team won our first playoff game so it was a busy weekend for us-love every minute.

CattleRMe

Reaction score
Makes a coach realize how important bench warmers are i bet! I know lol very little about hockey but a win is a win awesome job!

nonothing

Reaction score
why not split the teams in two....nobody wins at 38 to 1 its should be about fun no reason two teams could not combine and make a better all round game...

Latest posts