• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Welcome to Canada Gold Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Say ,would these animals go thru Border Beef? Meet a Canadian here in Florida ,says he knows and lives by Border beef plant.

sorry Robert ---- ".ca" works in my part of the world....

Don't know what your friend means by the border beef plant Porker. Maybe he means the Natural Valley plant in Saskatchewan. Some of the border beef group have invested in that plant. That plant has moved to harvesting only horses but I would say we bring it back to the beef industry with a Canada Gold contract.

The group is actually negotiating a custom harvest with Tyson foods, but I personally don't think we should stop there.

rkaiser said:
sorry Robert ---- ".ca" works in my part of the world....

Don't know what your friend means by the border beef plant Porker. Maybe he means the Natural Valley plant in Saskatchewan. Some of the border beef group have invested in that plant. That plant has moved to harvesting only horses but I would say we bring it back to the beef industry with a Canada Gold contract.

The group is actually negotiating a custom harvest with Tyson foods, but I personally don't think we should stop there.

Randy you also spelled "Canada" wrong.

Checked it out. Looks Reallllll Gooood! :D

Randy, may I make a suggestion? The "contact us" page is not working yet.

Perhaps, rather than reinvent the wheel, would it make better sense to utilize the Verified Beef Program that's already running, and integrate it into the system? It would speed things up a lot.

They have the same criteria for record keeping and such, have set high standards for medication, management protocols, and feed records, and have an advantage of having been all over the country putting on training sessions already. The producers enrolled in this have all had the education and training to do things correctly. After a producer has had a Verified Beef audit, give them a number, and use that as the quality control assurance.

I bet it would knock a lot of time off how long this thing takes to get going. For example, in our case, I've taken the training, and it would just take a phone call and a visit from the auditor to have us on board in a matter of a couple of weeks. I'm sure there are lots of other producers who are in the same situation.

I bet the people over at the Verified Beef Program would love to hear from Canada Gold. :!:

Just a suggestion. :D :D :D

The scheme looks workable, best of luck to all involved. It is interesting to note that it is near impossible to market livestock for slaughter in the UK unless you belong to a recognised assurance scheme, the best ones are those started by the farmers early on in the drive toward traceability and welfare monitoring.

Just remove the "recording of implants" and state - No implants used,

and Canada Gold will start grabbing a signficant share of the market. Consumers don't like IMPLANTs/hormones.... (whether they are deemed safe or not, it is the concept!). This would clearly set this plan apart from the rest.

Kathy said:
Just remove the "recording of implants" and state - No implants used,

and Canada Gold will start grabbing a signficant share of the market. Consumers don't like IMPLANTs/hormones.... (whether they are deemed safe or not, it is the concept!). This would clearly set this plan apart from the rest.
I agree :!: :!:

Looking Upwards Randy :)

If I understand it correctly there could be a line of implant free beef included in a multi targeted program. Could be grass finished, and all sorts of different lines.

To carry forward any successful branded program you need packer committment. Which American packer is going to help establish the Canada Gold program?

At this point in time, the Tyson foods Plant in Brooks is negotiating with the group. I would personally like to see packer ownership one day, but we have to deal with reality for now.

If we are looking at export markets, we can not rule out taking our live cattle south of the 49th and working with a plant in the USA. This is a business venture and packer exclusivity is not on my mind......

Randy, as I'm sure you know, owning the meat coming out of the plant is more important than owning the plant. To efficiently segregate, you will have to supply the plant with a minimum of 'one shifts' worth of cattle for them to even consider. Ben believes they will work with you, if you make it profitable for them...I believe they will want to own the product and pay you a fee like CAB...you're going to find out. Good luck and I hope you are able to set a successful example!!!!! :)

To efficiently segregate, you will have to supply the plant with a minimum of 'one shifts' worth of cattle for them to even consider. Those cattle will need certification and records from birth on to prove to every buyer your valued product. I would call the BC man in Canada that works for SA.

Send me a pm with his name and number Porker, or simply post it for all of us to see. There are more Canada Gold people reading this thread than just old Kaiser.

Latest posts