• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Western art

Help Support Ranchers.net:

carole3218

Reaction score
In 1999, I started a Western art website and it did not take long for me to figure out that I wasn't up to doing the work on the website because I would forget from fixing things to the next time. Golden years, what a crock!

Anyway, I gave the website to my husband's daughter and there is a story about it in the last Cowboys and Indians magazine. You can check it out if you like, the website at artoutwest.com. It made me feel good that I once, along time ago, I had a vision and it makes you feel funny to see your name in a national magazine.

Regards :wink:

Janel has some great Western art on the site so sign the guest book if you visit.

carole3218

Reaction score
katrina said:
Nice website. I always wondered who did the workhorse pictures. I have a weakness for them...

Thanks for the compliment and I will pass it on to Janel. She tries really hard to put a lot of good art (affordable) on there. I know a few of the artists and they put their heart and souls into their work. I especially like Dorman Burns of Corrales New Mexico who does only cowgirs without their eyes showing. I wish I was talented!

Chuckie

Reaction score
what a cool site! i've seen some of the work of Dorman Burns before and wondered---why does she do cowgirls but never shows their eyes? i've noticed it and wondered...

nr

Reaction score
That IS an interesting site. Liked Tim Cox's horse pictures. I've tried painting some watercolors but it is wonderful seeing those done with real talent.

Latest posts