• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What a MESS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Woke up this morning at 6 thought I would go over and chck on the cows, well couldnt even get out of the house. The snowstorm we had through the nite dropped about 2 feet of snow. After a few runs at the door I got out it and spent the last 2 hours getting out of the yard and a 1/4 mile away. Had to push snow and its a challenge with the ice that is under the snow. Thank god for MFD loader tractors. A lot of the roads in the area are still closed and they say we could get another 6-8 inches before it ends. Good moisture!!

Hey Manitoba Rancher, did you think about crawling out a window? Stay safe and warm.

I hope all this snow warms up the grasser market! :shock: We've got a bunch to sell. :wink:

I don't think we got quite two feet, but probably close to one. Cows are grumpy, and the guy doing the chores is too. I think I'll make him some cookies. :wink: What the heck, maybe even perogies too. :D

MR- Just think green :wink: :lol: Luckily it missed us-- ended up with only about 2 inches-- but some places to the east got as much as a foot I hear.....

I even had some sunshine early this morning altho now it clouded over again....

Hey Kato,

Im kinda grumpy too, its not nice mucking around in all this snow, but some perogies may make it a much better day. They jsut opened the highway up again and within an hour A grey hound bus hit a semi, heard they were dispatching quite a few ambulances to the scene. Highway is closed again.

MR. Do you live near Chater? Have you heard any more about it?
We have like 4 foot drifts i have to wade throw, kinda sucks cause all no snow gets in my boots! :mad: no matter what i try to do, theres all the snow meltin in my boots! And were destined for another huge dump! yay! :x

Katy

The accident was at the Chater turnoff. According to the radio, no serious injuries, but there were injuries. :shock: I'm guessing the truck was turning, and the bus didn't see it. We'll find out on the supper news. I'm sure glad my son doesn't have to commute from Brandon to Carberry any more. Days like this were a big worry for me. :shock:

The perogies were good! :D :D :D Peanut butter cookies for a chaser too. Hubby is happy now, and out pushing snow. :D :D :D

Hey Katy,

Nope Kato and I arent married. But Im still waiting for her to bring by that couple dozen perogies and a batch of cookies. :shock: :) :) :) Sure would cheer us up. Its still snowing like crazy here.

:D :D :D :D :D

One place you won't find my Hubby is sitting at the computer. :shock: He feels the same way about the computer as I do about the baler. If I learn to bale, I'll never get out of the field, and if he learns to run the computer, he might have to do books. :wink: :D :D :D

We got about a foot here, maybe a little more. The problem is it's still coming down and now that old North wind is starting to pick up. There could be some ugly drifts out there by morning.
School was closed today and will be tomorrow as well. Kids are happy!! :)

Thankfully that snow missed us, as we've got plenty right now. I've had to pull all my gates off their hinges and chain them to posts. In some places, the cattle have packed the snow down in the pens so they could simply walk over the fence if they so desired.

I heard yesterday that they're forecasting 2 more feet of snow in March. Ugh. The whole place will be under water come spring and I don't own a boat. :(

Rod

Sounds like northern Alberta and Sask have a huge snow pack this year. I can see brown everywhere here.

elwapo said:
Sounds like northern Alberta and Sask have a huge snow pack this year. I can see brown everywhere here.
So,anything north of Red Deer is north to you Elwapo :lol: We're East central between Camrose and Stettler.....we have more snow this year then I ever remember in the 29 years I've lived here.

Amazing what that winter precip will do.. All of ours is mostly melted now but it reforze these last few days... Have some real good ice skating ponds out in the field and a couple limping cows who took spills..Always seems to work that way.. Water isnt going anywhere for a while because there is a lot of frost still in the ground, our drainiage ditches almost busted over on Thursday, were a foot from the top of the berm where they are usually 5-6 feet below that level...Rain... Should make for a green spring,

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Thankfully that snow missed us, as we've got plenty right now. I've had to pull all my gates off their hinges and chain them to posts. In some places, the cattle have packed the snow down in the pens so they could simply walk over the fence if they so desired.

I heard yesterday that they're forecasting 2 more feet of snow in March. Ugh. The whole place will be under water come spring and I don't own a boat. :(

Rod

Yeah, all our gates are dragging, too. It's my job to open them when he's going through with the tractor or bobcat, it's a bitch trying to lift them while I'm opening or closing them.

Latest posts