• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What about the families?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Should they release the diaries of the gunmen?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CattleRMe

Reaction score
Columbine Gunmen's Diaries to Be Released Thursday
(07.06.06-AP) — Diaries kept by the Columbine High School gunmen and nearly a thousand pages of other documents seized from their homes and cars will be released Thursday.

Authorities say the documents include messages that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold wrote in each other's yearbooks, and a journal kept by Harris' father.

Jefferson County Sheriff Ted Mink says he won't release videotapes the gunmen made, for fear they would encourage copycat attacks. Mink says he has wanted to release the documents but has held off to give the parents time to object. A sheriff's spokeswoman says there were no challenges. The Colorado Supreme Court last year left the decision up to Mink.

Harris and Klebold killed 12 students and a teacher on April 20, 1999, before turning guns on themselves.

Most of us folks in the Denver area would just as soon go on to something else. This has been in the newspapers for years. The dead are still dead.

I remember that horrible day as though it were yesterday, and like most others, I can recall exactly where i was and what i was doing...still painful to think about the tragic loss of those children and the teacher!! :cry: :cry: My own personal opinion is "NO", they should not release the diaries to the public...law enforcement and mental health professionals could actually put them to better use...I fear that by releasing them to EVERYONE, they would only open wounds that are only now beginning to scar over!!

CattleRMe said:
Columbine Gunmen's Diaries to Be Released Thursday
(07.06.06-AP) — Diaries kept by the Columbine High School gunmen and nearly a thousand pages of other documents seized from their homes and cars will be released Thursday.

Authorities say the documents include messages that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold wrote in each other's yearbooks, and a journal kept by Harris' father.

Jefferson County Sheriff Ted Mink says he won't release videotapes the gunmen made, for fear they would encourage copycat attacks. Mink says he has wanted to release the documents but has held off to give the parents time to object. A sheriff's spokeswoman says there were no challenges. The Colorado Supreme Court last year left the decision up to Mink.

Harris and Klebold killed 12 students and a teacher on April 20, 1999, before turning guns on themselves.

why does'nt mink just missplace these tapes in a fire......no one needs to see those taps,nothing good can come from them.

Latest posts