• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

THX for the pics Nicky,still beautiful here today.I like lefsa too ,daughter -in - law brings it for Xmas dinner

OT, do you suppose that lefse would keep if you was to ship it down here? :lol:

Mom was a full blood norweigen and made lefse at times, but it sue didn't last long. The missus' grandmother used to make it for me, but I guess the norweigen blood run a little thin cuz I can't get the little woman to build any for me.

I sure would do some trading with you Old Timer! :lol:

Jinglebob said:

Mom was a full blood norweigen and made lefse at times, but it sue didn't last long. The missus' grandmother used to make it for me, but I guess the norweigen blood run a little thin cuz I can't get the little woman to build any for me.

you and me both, Jinglebob!! My dad is having turkey dinner with gramma right now and they are gonna break out the lefse afterwards!!! Sure wish i could be there!!

Jinglebob said:

Actually this is boughten- from a local business that is about 10 miles north of our north ranch- The Lefse Shack...Wife says they make it as good as she can cook it and this is a lot easier....Really good- and it is owned by some friends and employs about half the population of Opheim anymore...Use home grown dryland spuds....

http://www.lefseshack.com/

Oh my goodness, I ate wayyyy tooooo much at lunch today, then mother in law forced me to come back to eat leftovers fer supper. Not only did I bring home the leftovers from what I cooked and took, but she loaded us up with her leftovers as well.....I feel like the michillan man....... :shock:

Yesterday, sw went out and killed us a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Montana Cowgurl didn't think she could, since they've (150+) been hanging around the place. Got it cleaned up, sw cooked it just right in his smoker-cooker, nice and juicy. Basted it with chicken bouillon mixed with water and butter. Got everything else cooked, turkey out of the cooker. Spouse is using a nice sharp knife to cut slices of turkey off and tries to cut off his thumb. Nasty, ugly gash, I'm running around trying to find something to really truss it up with, he just wants a "band-aid" :shock: , is bleeding all over the place, walks down the hall looking for me, dripping blood all over the carpet :shock: , he didn't think to get a paper towel to try to stop the bleeding or keep it under the water :? . He's the one who says I do dumb things when it comes to cuts :? Put a band-aid on it, (he won't listen to reason) it is soaked through in no time. I think he was a little stressed and not thinking straight, finally got him to let me "truss it up" with a little more than a band-aid, but cleaning up his blood mess all over the place made daughter and I a little queasy, we fix our plates for dinner, spouse is now joking around, we are just a little bit green, not much appetite. This a.m. still felt queasy, ate turkey sandwiches, just didn't get the same enjoyment we normally get (kept thinking about that thumb). I think daughter was close to losing her groceries last night. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and now we can look forward to Christmas and the New Year. :D I hope he doesn't kill me for posting this :wink:

Hmmm....Let me piece this together. Hanta Yo and sw are married and Montana Cowgurl is thier daughter.......ok, everyone elseprobably pieced this together a lot sooner, I'm not a rocket scientist, lol.....

It is nice to see how the people here fit....

Hope the thumb heals well, I'd be for making a great roping story to explain the scare, one other than being roped into carving the turkey, LOL...

Reminds me of a poster for Pendleton Whiskey....Scars tell great stories.....

Hope the rest of the holiday season goes well,

PPRM

Hanta,
I'm not sure which is worse, sw cutting his thumb n bleeding like a stuck pig or you being too nauseated to eat that turkey? It's a close call.
Anyway we hope he is well on the way to healing and Christmas turkey goes better for him.

I almost forgot to post our Thanksgiving adventure. Sevwn month old colt got a hind leg caught in Barbed wire. Good news was it was only a skin deep slice. Bad news is it was a length wise cut about 9 inches long....So we called the vet,

I gotta send out some thanks to the folks from the Cut Bank montana area that had any influence in raising our vet. Dr Hjarterson (Sp?) has been here a little over a year and a half I think. He is a eery nice young guy and very practical in his approach. You can just tell the folks around him did a good job raising him.

Anyway, we were glad we stayed home. Colt is doing great. We wee a little concerned as to how he would take to the vet sedating him. Two days before I had worked on picking his feet up and cleaning them. No troubles. the next day our shoer comes and this colt acts like he wants to crawl out of his skin rather than let Larry touch him. Larry is a great hand when it comes to handling horses, we have always had good luck. But the baby did very well for Dr. Hjartersen, so I guess the day before was just one of those days,

PPRM

Well lets see for thanksgiving.....I sat around the house eating sunflower seeds. I called home and they had just finished eating dinner which consisted of bear...no turkey. I told them to fed ex me some mashed potatoes but they didn't think that would work.

then my friend invited me to go eat at his grammas house. So i went and it was slightly uncomfortable since i was the only one who couldn't speak spanish. His gramma speaks no english so the convo there was short. Good food tho.

I'm going home for Christmas....so that will be my pig out holiday!

Hanta Yo said:
Yesterday, sw went out and killed us a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Montana Cowgurl didn't think she could, since they've (150+) been hanging around the place. Got it cleaned up, sw cooked it just right in his smoker-cooker, nice and juicy. Basted it with chicken bouillon mixed with water and butter. Got everything else cooked, turkey out of the cooker. Spouse is using a nice sharp knife to cut slices of turkey off and tries to cut off his thumb. Nasty, ugly gash, I'm running around trying to find something to really truss it up with, he just wants a "band-aid" :shock: , is bleeding all over the place, walks down the hall looking for me, dripping blood all over the carpet :shock: , he didn't think to get a paper towel to try to stop the bleeding or keep it under the water :? . He's the one who says I do dumb things when it comes to cuts :? Put a band-aid on it, (he won't listen to reason) it is soaked through in no time. I think he was a little stressed and not thinking straight, finally got him to let me "truss it up" with a little more than a band-aid, but cleaning up his blood mess all over the place made daughter and I a little queasy, we fix our plates for dinner, spouse is now joking around, we are just a little bit green, not much appetite. This a.m. still felt queasy, ate turkey sandwiches, just didn't get the same enjoyment we normally get (kept thinking about that thumb). I think daughter was close to losing her groceries last night. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and now we can look forward to Christmas and the New Year. :D I hope he doesn't kill me for posting this :wink:

I sure hope you didn't throw the thumb out with the Giblets. their tasty. Well not thumb . :wink: :cowboy:

Latest posts