• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHAT COSTS MORE PER YEAR THAN THE IRAQ WAR?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandhusker said:
What is the liberals plan going to cost and how are they going to pay for it? I'd like to know that because none of them have said yet. It may cost more than we're all paying now. How can you be in favor of a change when you have no idea whether it will be for the better or the worse?

I think there are several differing plans and options out there- which would have to be worked out thru Congress...Which means we probably won't get the best plan available- but we are almost to the point where anything is better than nothing...

Just the fact that the Democrats seem to be the only ones that recognize the problem- and put it as a priority, saying that it has to be met head on- puts them a step above the neocons/Bushies that made all kinds of promises in 2000 and 2004- but then even when they had a D.C. majority failed to act or do anything... :roll: :(
But I doubt if any of their rich elitist corporate and global trader buddies are complaining about medical costs- and they could care less that its taking more and more earnings away from the middle class working man- which they are trying to do away with....

Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
What is the liberals plan going to cost and how are they going to pay for it? I'd like to know that because none of them have said yet. It may cost more than we're all paying now. How can you be in favor of a change when you have no idea whether it will be for the better or the worse?

I think there are several differing plans and options out there- which would have to be worked out thru Congress...Which means we probably won't get the best plan available- but we are almost to the point where anything is better than nothing...

Just the fact that the Democrats seem to be the only ones that recognize the problem- and put it as a priority, saying that it has to be met head on- puts them a step above the neocons/Bushies that made all kinds of promises in 2000 and 2004- but then even when they had a D.C. majority failed to act or do anything... :roll: :(
But I doubt if any of their rich elitist corporate and global trader buddies are complaining about medical costs- and they could care less that its taking more and more earnings away from the middle class working man- which they are trying to do away with....
The democrats have controlled congress for over a year, where's the plan?

Sandhusker said:

I'm ready for a change simply because I'm fed up. Sometimes change brings a risk but sometimes if we don't take that risk none of us know what we might be missing out on. Our current plan is costing to much. I think we all need to be pushing for health care reform.

Some people wouldn't get as sick as they do if it didn't cost to much to go to the doctor that alone could save the health care system a ton . If we were more prevenative based instead of having to deal with major health crisis. The cost of health care has to go down. For what all of us are paying in health care premiums somewhere someone is making a ton, why not be outraged at that?

Second off I think they could model it after Canada's system. I'm sure it's not perfect but it seems to work well. I've heard very few Canadians griping about their system.

Steve said:
nice to see the liberals irrational insulting round of rational debate.. :roll:

they (the liberals on this board) have convinced me that they have no capability to come up with any convincing plan other then force others who have provided for their families to pay for those who decided to risk it and not have coverage.. :cry:
I'm wondering if I'm getting lumped in here with the libs?If so I'd like you to show me where I insulted anybody :???:

RR,I do believe equal health care for everyone,unfortunaty that also includes perfectly capable people too lazy to work.You do of course realise our healthcare isn't free its taken off our cheques or paid into monthly or taken off welfare cheques.I guess some do recieve free health care but then probably Social services steps in.Nobody is turned away,we all have healthcare cards with our stats on them and there presented at Dr. office,hosp.etc
Once again our system is NOT perfect but its Good

Red Robin said:
Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:

No use in putting it out- Bush vetoes even the bipartisan supported plans to give little kids health care coverage...."compassionate conservatism" BULLPUCKEY- tight wad old men that thump bibles in church- then throw the sick and disabled out to die- while pouring Zillions $ into their elitist corporate buddies pocket books while filling their own.....

Mrs.Greg said:
Steve said:

they (the liberals on this board) have convinced me that they have no capability to come up with any convincing plan other then force others who have provided for their families to pay for those who decided to risk it and not have coverage.. :cry:
I'm wondering if I'm getting lumped in here with the libs?If so I'd like you to show me where I insulted anybody :???:

RR,I do believe equal health care for everyone,unfortunaty that also includes perfectly capable people too lazy to work.You do of course realise our healthcare isn't free its taken off our cheques or paid into monthly or taken off welfare cheques.I guess some do recieve free health care but then probably Social services steps in.Nobody is turned away,we all have healthcare cards with our stats on them and there presented at Dr. office,hosp.etc
Once again our system is NOT perfect but its Good
Thanks Mrs. Greg. I'm going to speak from MY experiences here in Arkansas. No one I have ever known gets turned away from any medical services. We have one of the very best Childrens hospitals in the world with a fantastic burn center. http://www.archildrens.org/about/
People come from all over and as far as I know , they treat them all regardless of ability to pay. I don't know how it is where GP is from but I could get 10 digital rectal exams (not that I want one) for free as well as a breast exam for my wife again for free, if I told any doctor in town that I had concerns and no money to pay. I'm not sure if that's generally the case of if it's because I live in a town where the population is less than 20,000 and there's more generosity. I also know that there are several benefits for sick folks, people who've been burned out, etc. but I've yet to see a benefit event for someone who's been taxed into bankruptcy. I don't believe it's the federal governments responsibility to insure someone against loosing everything. I feel that way about a corporation, individual, or small company. It's impossible. I feel strongly that government intervention has never improved anything, ever. Social security is a disaster. It won't be there when I retire. Housing bail-outs does nothing but insure that those making a living in the housing industry, will have a harder time down the road. Those that made bad decisions regarding housing will make bad decisions regarding the next house or whatever. It's impossible to stop. Benevolence is not a governments responsibility, it's a churches responsibility , especially in regards to it's members. I see socialized health care as just one more government intervention and nothing will improve and we stand a great chance of things getting worse. I think I read somewhere that england is already putting limits on treatments for certain things so even though they have a "free" healthcare, there'll be some people that may not get treated. Who'd of thunk it. A government not keeping their word.

Oldtimer said:
Red Robin said:
Oldtimer said:

No use in putting it out- Bush vetoes even the bipartisan supported plans to give little kids health care coverage...."compassionate conservatism" BULLPUCKEY- tight wad old men that thump bibles in church- then throw the sick and disabled out to die- while pouring Zillions $ into their elitist corporate buddies pocket books while filling their own.....
You keep trying to sling the bible thumping deal in don't you oldtimer. If your beloved democrats would send a bill I might think their efforts were genuine. They've tried to defund the iraq war how many times? blow smoke somewhere else.

RR,thats excellent that the health care in your area works the way it does. Thats probably why I'm passionate about ours,our county is the same.It flows into the province,our provincial health care facilities are excellent{although anywhere from a two to five hr drive}We're starting to have Dr. problams because the poor guys are worked to death here in rural Alta. and it looks like Australia is bargaining our Dr.s away :(

But you and I are not blind enough not to know the stories being told about both our countries have merit. These people are not making these into tall tales.I hate to see anyone have any problams accessing good care,after all next to our families health ours is the most important thing,without it we don't have much.

Mrs.Greg said:
Steve said:
nice to see the liberals irrational insulting round of irrational debate.. :roll:

It was pretty clear who fell off the left coast.. and ranted on.. I just didn't want to mention names and continue the name calling...
sorry if you felt you were included when you shouldn't have been

Steve said:
Mrs.Greg said:
Steve said:
nice to see the liberals irrational insulting round of irrational debate.. :roll:

It was pretty clear who fell off the left coast.. and ranted on..
Soooo,thats a round about way of saying Yes :???:

no, my computer locked up in the middle of the post.. but I was unable to edit it fast enough.. sorry again..

Steve said:
no, my computer locked up in the middle of the post.. but I was unable to edit it fast enough.. sorry again..
Don't you hate it when that happens,my computers been doing that too. I reread what you wrote. :)

Mrs.Greg said:
Steve said:
Don't you hate it when that happens,my computers been doing that too. I reread what you wrote. :)

Mine will lock up and then I might come back and have three posts by me saying the same thing to delete. :? Plus getting back in is hard......I thought it was some plan to keep me out. Glad to see some others are having too. :wink:

RR
I think I read somewhere that england is already putting limits on treatments for certain things so even though they have a "free" healthcare, there'll be some people that may not get treated. Who'd of thunk it. A government not keeping their word.

their system is in shambles.. it is the worse of both extremes..

they are going private.. and leaving the national health to the poor..

Red Robin said:
Oldtimer said:
Red Robin said:

You keep trying to sling the bible thumping deal in don't you oldtimer. If your beloved democrats would send a bill I might think their efforts were genuine. They've tried to defund the iraq war how many times? blow smoke somewhere else.

When you continually wave it around like a red cape in front of a bull- or run hide behind it to use as a crutch- its bound to come up...Especially when the words you speak, don't match the ideals portrayed by the Book...
Yep - what was it you said about people that can't get health insurance- let them all go broke and live on welfare- or go asking for handouts from charity....So much for compassion....

CattleArmy said:
Mrs.Greg said:
Steve said:

Mine will lock up and then I might come back and have three posts by me saying the same thing to delete. :? Plus getting back in is hard......I thought it was some plan to keep me out. Glad to see some others are having too. :wink:

my old computer still does fine... it's an IBM.. was made/or assembled? in the USA.. and still runs windows 98... and if we get "free health care" I'll get a new one before they take the rest of my money.. :p

it only crashes really bad when I agree with Kola.. :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted:

Steve said:
OldTimer
I think there are several differing plans and options out there-

I would want to know exactly what their plan is before I went and blindly defended it.. :roll:

I don't think I've blindly defended any plan put out by any politician- I've just said that we need to get a program put together- and after 8 years of the Repubs doing nothing (after promising the world)- and their refusal before to even work with the Clinton plan--plus their continued veto of the bipartisan supported and passed bill to put more little kids under health care coverage, tell me that we are much more apt to get a plan and program from the Dems then we will from the neocons that control the current Republican Party...

The past seven years have shown that their obligation or loyalties are not for the middle class or working man- but instead the rich elitists, global traders, and corporate interests...

Steve said:

That's it in a nutshell. They want soup line health care and they want those who can afford other health care to have to stand in the soup lines with them.

A Canadian visited this summer who had to go to the emergency room.
He had his insurance card and presented it to the hospital.

OHIP is SUPPOSED to pay for emergency room visits even in USA. That emergency room incidence occured in August 2007, and OHIP hasn't paid the hospital yet. And not only that, they don't return calls, don't say why they haven't paid, are just basacially absent. This person has been put on hold for over an hour and still nothing has been done.

Doesn't sound like "responsible health care" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts