• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What do you do?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

What I find extremely annoying is when top breeders have open cows that have been run with a bull all summer and then try to sell you them for flush cows. Um duh ,a cow needs to be able to get pregnant to flush . :roll:

Holstein breeders are notorious for that crap.

Northern Rancher said:
I suppose huh-I was having heart palpitations about the ethics of flushing my 16 year old cow that lost her calf because of that blizzard.

How many viable embryos did you get from her NR ?

A friend of ours flushed a 17 year old Fleckvieh a few years ago and got 32 viables from the one flush. I thought that was phenomenal.

Those are two of my favorites; "SELLS OPEN AND READY TO FLUSH" and trying to flush the pig fat, high dollar show heifer, then the next year she is in the recipt pen and never had a calf.@

hillsdown said:
What I find extremely annoying is when top breeders have open cows that have been run with a bull all summer and then try to sell you them for flush cows. Um duh ,a cow needs to be able to get pregnant to flush . :roll:

Holstein breeders are notorious for that crap.

Latest posts