• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What is the Real Debt Picture Like, Agman?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

There is no diversion on my part, agman. Just an accusation by you that I diverted. The points are not diversions at all.

Again, I am glad to concede the technical definition the fed has for personal savings is not the definition most common people have. I will have to say that I also agree with the current and past fed chairmen on the issue of the fallacy of your logic in the argument and your conclusion.

Econ101 said:
There is no diversion on my part, agman. Just an accusation by you that I diverted. The points are not diversions at all.

Again, I am glad to concede the technical definition the fed has for personal savings is not the definition most common people have. I will have to say that I also agree with the current and past fed chairmen on the issue of the fallacy of your logic in the argument and your conclusion.

What accusation did I divert? It is their conclusion regarding the accounting deficiencies that brought the problem to my attention. It is Greenspan who urged the analysis that is ongoing which has determined that aggregate savings and investment are significantly understated. Why would I argue with them? It is apparent they are much farther along the curve than you per the accounting deficiencies.

Not to change the subject but are you up to speed on the direction of research, initiated by Bernanke, regarding the trade deficit? In both cases being discussed the accounting practices simply have not kept pace with the transition from a manufacturing economy.

Econ101 said:

What accusation did I divert? It is their conclusion regarding the accounting deficiencies that brought the problem to my attention. It is Greenspan who urged the analysis that is ongoing which has determined that aggregate savings and investment are significantly understated. Why would I argue with them? It is apparent they are much farther along the curve than you per the accounting deficiencies.

Econ: Read my post again. It seems you did not comprehend what I was saying. Why would you make a coment like "It is apparent they are much farther along the curve than you per the accounting deficiencies. "? The argument I had with you on this thread was with information I learned 20 plus years ago while an undergraduate. These "deficiencies" have always been there.

Not to change the subject but are you up to speed on the direction of research, initiated by Bernanke, regarding the trade deficit? In both cases being discussed the accounting practices simply have not kept pace with the transition from a manufacturing economy.

Econ: All of the calculations that are made by the various govt. agencies regarding economic numbers have nuances in them that need to be known by anyone using them in making a case. Sometimes these "defeciencis" are important and sometimes they are not. It depends on how you use the information and what you are using it for. Good economists (like Love) will spell out these deficiencies in the data as part of any study or conclusive paper.

Latest posts