• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What Ranch books and publications are you reading for winter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Blkbuckaroo

Reaction score
Well luckily the snow is'nt falling yet,but looking forward to some good reading time.Richard Hobson books are great reading,Will james of course.A book i got last christmas on Sarah Winnimucca,read alot of ranching essay books last winter on the Great Basin here.Some Blackcowboy and Buffalo Soldier books sent to me by my aunt.Favorite Magazines-Range,Western Horseman,Western Cowman,Nevada Rancher,Western Livestock Journal,Capital Press newspaper,Cascade Cattlemen,Small farmers Journal-like those Draft horses.Does anyone here feed with a draft team in winter? 8)

I don't guess they are ranch books, but Elmer Kelton books are really good. He has written about 15 or 20 of them and I have read over half of them. My favorites are, " The Day the Cowboys Quit" and " The Time it never rained". His books are fiction, but about real life experiences.

I look forward to getting my NM Stockman magazine every month, and what ever kind of book that catches my attention.

If you would like to check out the New Mexico Stockman magazine try this link, this month you can read about a great lady who happens to from my neck of the woods and a first class character.

http://www.aaalivestock.com/

Thanks nenmrancher,that's the kind of info i was looking for,just trying to find some different Ag sites in other parts of the country to learn a little more about how folks do things there,and what issues there facing.Also any good reading ideas.

Another good book is "Sharing Fencelines" by Linda Hussa and Carolyn Dufferena and Sophie Sheperd.About ranching in the great basin northern Cali and northern Nevada.A real good read.

Latest posts