• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What the H... Is He Up To Now!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Catcher for the snowball game?

Friend of Doc Ismay's huh? Good company you run with - one of our sons does a lot of farrier work for Doc and is a good friend of his son Travis. Got any of of his wife's artwork yet?

No artwork as of yet but tons of great memories of my visits there. I first met John and Bonnie at the health barn at the Sturgis Stockyards-we were washing bulls and they were bangs vaccinating a couple hundred heifers and branding them. I left the washing and went to help brand-lets say John and I got pretty creative with the running iron-I'd of liked to been there when the rancher saw our artwork. I've had alot of fun in that little vet clinic over the years.

If I was gonna retrieve a calf from one of your buckin stock pens, a helmet and rope might be part of my plan :wink:

I've always wondered who my cousin pawned his #8 off on - now I know where she went! Don't use the hotshot, NR - you'll find out that wire on the mask bends.

I'm not that cowardly that I'd put a helmet on to tag a calf lol. Here's one more clue.
AnAdventure004.jpg

hmmm.... judging by the sign on the ground and bale ends mebbe you got young'un jammed in there with the business end facing you.

Your dog had puppies in the hay?

Your wife got mad at you, crawled between the bales and can't get out?

There's an alligator between the bales?

There's a calf that stuck in the hay? (Can't be, you don't calve now?)

If you knew how you looked in that helmet you would go ahead and tell us so we don't have to keep looking at the picture!

:wink:

Just thank god you never had to go in a corner with me after a hockey puck lol. Yep I was going on a calf retrieval mission-it was about a 550 weight black steer who was in a nasty mood. I tried hopping in front of him and just twisting him around but he hooked the crap out of me-that's alot of hooking by the way lol. So I belly crawled in between those rows of bales-dark as heck in there but I knew I'd reached him when I hit the big pile of crap he'd deposited. Was tons of fun fishing a rope around the foot while he kicked like crazy. Finally got him anchored and yanked him out with the truck-we were both glad when he saw the light of day.

We do it the easy way down here. Just put the spear on the loader and move a few bales........Voila!

Mike said:
We do it the easy way down here. Just put the spear on the loader and move a few bales........Voila!

Shhh! Don't give him good advice like that, it's much more fun to listen to the crazy idea's he comes up with, no matter that they ain't the simplest! :lol:

NR ain't you the feller who's always bragging on how your cattle are pretty much care free?

Why didn't you just leave him there iuntil he ate his way out or at least got smart enough to back out?

Better cull his mother cuz you don't want no stupid cattle like that around!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

Northern Rancher said:
Don't own one of them contraptions-besides it's more fun to go in mano a calfo lol.

N-R,I know I am gonna regret asking this but,if you dont own a bale spear,how do you feed round bales ?.................good luck

I was thinking coyote pups until I saw the "sign" directly behind you, surmised it might be yours, and figured maybe it was something bigger and meaner.....

Latest posts