• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What to do with 50,000 - 65,000 tonnes of SRM??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Hat,

R-CULT says Canadian beef is unsafe yet research shows 99% of the risk of contracting BSE is removed with the SRMs on OTM cattle to say nothing about cattle under 20 months that won't even show BSE prions.

Unlike you R-CULT "head nodders", I'm glad I don't bow to a lying organization that has to explain to the U.S. consumer why Canadian cattle under 30 months of age are unsafe when Canada is wondering what to do with 50,000 to 60,000 tons of SRMs they have removed from carcasses.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Hat,

R-CULT says Canadian beef is unsafe yet research shows 99% of the risk of contracting BSE is removed with the SRMs on OTM cattle to say nothing about cattle under 20 months that won't even show BSE prions.

Unlike you R-CULT "head nodders", I'm glad I don't bow to a lying organization that has to explain to the U.S. consumer why Canadian cattle under 30 months of age are unsafe when Canada is wondering what to do with 50,000 to 60,000 tons of SRMs they have removed from carcasses.

~SH~

Incenerate them they have cheap natural gas mfg.a incenerator.

What are they doing with them now keeping them froze or are they rotting away some where?

What are we doing with our SRM'S?

I heard a proposal awhile back to use them to generate methane to run a generator and produce hydro. I'll see iF ican't find that article later today.

As the prions supposedly holds their ability to "infect" other proteins even when exposed to high heats, what do we do? They say they are made non-infectious after heating to 700 F plus. So I guess if you can burn them at these hig temps, we'd be OK.

It just happens that the currie point of some metals is around the 700 F mark. The currie point refers to the metals' maximum temperature at which it can hold a MAGNETIC CHARGE.

Once heated to these extremely high temperatures, the metal looses its magnetic charge and hardens steel.

I'm not a welder or a metalurgist, but those of you out there that are, must understand this. You must understand also, that any organic material within the prion would have been completely destroyed by temperatures well below 700 F.

The culprits are ferrimagnetic (charged) metals, with ferritan the elusive factor X. (chaperone)

Latest posts