• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

what to feed the fall works crew

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Faster horses said:
I'm a cook and I want to know what Tam's cold meat PIE is, and what is
slide cheese, jody?

I think you got some excellent suggestions there, jillaroo. Well, maybe with the exception of Denny's NO BEEF menu of friend chicken and pork chops. :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have done BBQ Beef brisket sandwiches, baked beans, coleslaw and dessert.

Reading all this good stuff makes me hungry.......and we are only having potato soup for supper. :wink:

There was a period... between cold meat and PIE :D

Tam has a sandwich meat recipe made out of hamburger It's nice to have it made out of our own ground beef.. :D

:oops: OOPS, I guess I need to read slower. :oops: I thought it would be something like mincemeat pie; which the old guy that sets up to the table, really likes. I don't. So thought I might have found a compromise with Tam's cold meat pie. :p :wink: :D

So, will she share her sandwich meat recipe made out of hamburger?

My recipe is every simple and the guys love it.

2 lbs hamburger
1 cup cold water
2 1/2 Tbsp Morton Tender Quick meat cure
2 tsp. liquid smoke
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion salt
1 tsp mustard seed

Mix and put in loaf pan, place foil over and chill over night. Next morning place loaf pans on a baking sheet and bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours. Take out of oven, lift meat out of pan and discard juices, cool meat on a rack. When cool wrap in foil and chill.

BTW I do have a great meat PIE it is called impossible Cheeseburger pie.

You brown 1 lb of hamburger add `11/2 cup diced onion and fry until onions are tender season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, pour meat mixture into 10 in. pie plate. Then beat together 1 1/2 cups milk, 3/4 cup bisquick and 3 eggs, pour this mixture over hamburger. Bake @ 400 for 25 mins or until knife inserted in center comes out clean . Take out of oven sprinkle top with 1 cup shredded cheese, slice 2 tomatoes and arrange them on top the cheese and return to over bake for an additional 5 mins.
Serve hot with a nice salad.

Hope you enjoy these recipes :wink:

I bet we will! we have hunters coming so I can fix this for them one day.
Have you ever added pickles-sweet and sour pickles, to the cheeseburger pie? I think I will. I even add them to pizza. :shock: Makes a good pizza, a great pizza!!! :D

Maybe we should have a recipe thread here. We used to do recipes on "Fightless Fridays". Remember that?

Anyhow, thanks a bunch!

It must be a west coast thing but tri-tip, can eat it plain in a sandwich, is easy to cook great tasting and with the right grill cook up to 15 easy. We do a labor day BBQ were we serve 300, tri-tip, corn on the cob, ranch beans, cheesy potatoes, and garlic bread, we do it all on the grill.

We cook the beans, potatoes, bread on the tow behind grill, the corn in the smoke box on the tow behind and the tri-tip in drums. Taste great and only needs stirred once in a while, (corn gets rolled several times)
Here is the drum we use and a few Tri-tips and baked potatoes.

2013-06-22_15-16-00_592_600x800_.jpg

2013-06-22_15-15-49_962_600x800_.jpg

I use FH's sloppy joe recipe alot. Think that's what I'll do next week for shipping. A couple salads, dessert and drinks, and everyone is happy.

For me it has to be something in the crockpot pretty much, as I'm always helping too. I'm always looking for new crockpot recipes that feed alot of people.

Taco soup it's easy and really good, you can multiply the recipe as many times as needed depending on your numbers.

1 pound hamburger meat
1 package taco seasoning mix
One package ranch dressing mix
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can white shoe peg corn

Brown hamburger meat drain off excess fat add taco seasoning and ranch dressing add the rest of the ingredients and water as needed. You can put together in a crock pot. Serve with taco chips.

Gizmom

Latest posts