• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What Type Punishment?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Oct. 1, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was ejected early in the third quarter after he kicked Dallas center Andre Gurode in the face. Now the tackle expects to be punished and knows he deserves it.

"What I did out there was disgusting," Haynesworth said. "It doesn't matter what the league does to me. The way I feel right now, you just can't describe it."

Julius Jones had just scored on a 5-yard run, putting Dallas up 20-6 in what wound up as a 45-14 victory. Gurode's helmet came off, and Haynesworth, standing over him, used his right foot to kick Gurode in the head.

Gurode said they hadn't been talking or having any exchanges that led to Haynesworth kicking him twice. He received stitches above his forehead and beneath his eye.

"In all my years of football, this has never happened to me. I've never been kicked in the face like this, and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face," Gurode said.

A flag was thrown, and Haynesworth followed an official toward the Titans' sideline, protesting.

Haynesworth pulled off his helmet and slammed it to the ground, prompting another flag. Referee Jerome Boger disqualified Haynesworth, and the player walked off the field after talking briefly with Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

The coach called Haynesworth's actions unacceptable and promised he would be punished by the Titans even if the NFL disciplines him.

"It's ridiculous to get to that point. Two back-to-back penalties like that, there's no place for it," Fisher said.

Take away his steroids would be a start-I watched that play when it happened looked like 'Droid Rage' to me. Let him sit out the year without the juice then come back 50 pounds lighter-alot smarter-and see if he can still compete.

NR that kind of kills the win at any cost philoshophy the NFL runs these days, but you are right!

also, donate his years salary to a charity.

the "Jigs Fund for the Advancement of Caucasion Republican Farmers" is the one that comes to mind :wink:

Pretty limited membership in that elite group isn't it-I was thinking more along the Society for the Advancement of Rotund Northern Ranchers lol.

Whatever the punshment is............it needs to send a loud and clear message that this type of violent rage won't be tolerated.

It embarassed me and I wasn't even watching it.

Bet he gets by with a fine and maybe a short suspension. :???:

If society really wants to take a stand they should charge him with assault. Don't know how that state in particular sees this but what he did is not within the bounds of the sport therefore it might be a felony coviction in the making.

The league might suspend him, might only fine him something like 25k. Guppy (Coach fisher) supposedly told Parcell that if the league doesn't take care of it, HE will. Watch, He will get suspended 3 games by the team and all of a sudden he won't fell like that is okay and get the Union to file a grievance (Bet he does that with whatever suspension he gets/fine).. Some dumb arse arbitrator will in turn reduce it because their kid is a big fan of the titans or something stupid like that.

If I was comish for a day he would be suspended for the year, no pay. Hope he didn't waste all his money on 20 cars or a 10k square foot mansion that has no furniture...

Latest posts