• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What would you do?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Local paper had a list of Roundup resistant weeds. Was talking to a neighbor today about how ditches that have been sprayed for years now have weeds that will barely wilt at suggested rates of Roundup.

has anyone considered the hand of our Creator in people who are working these wonders???? Surely, if we work at it and ask for it, He will enable us to work it out according to His will in His time.

Or is this genetically modifying thru petri dish and cloning working against what our Creator originally gave us- and wanted us to have :???:

But it does not surprise me MRJ- that you would take the side and support the Multinational Corporate Agriculture Conglomerates all the way- as they and your precious NCBA have a nasty history of sleeping together- and supporting the Big Money instead of the small/average producers .... :(

If we want to bring the Creator into the discussion, how much consideration should we give to Gen.1:11, 12 -

1:11 God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: plants yielding seeds according to their kinds, and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds." It was so.

1:12 The land produced vegetation – plants yielding seeds according to their kinds, and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. God saw that it was good. (NET)

Notice the ". . . according to their kinds . . ." Hmmm, doesn't sound much like gene splicing to me.

Oldtimer said:
Or is this genetically modifying thru petri dish and cloning working against what our Creator originally gave us- and wanted us to have :???:

Along the same thought process, how does artificial insemination, embryo transplant, and other tampering with animal genetics fit in?

Soapweed said:
Oldtimer said:

Along the same thought process, how does artificial insemination, embryo transplant, and other tampering with animal genetics fit in?

I would see a difference between AI, etc, and genetic manipulation via splicing genes from one species into another. Even hybrids stay within a species' own genetic boundaries, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah imagine if I spread hereford semen unknowingly through random Angus herds and it was there to stay for ever and a day. Feeding the world's masses efficiently and safely is a conundrum.

Northern Rancher said:
Yeah imagine if I spread hereford semen unknowingly through random Angus herds and it was there to stay for ever and a day. Feeding the world's masses efficiently and safely is a conundrum.

Alot of angus herds need some. Mine included.

Northern Rancher said:

That would not be all bad!!

Nor would it be the same as if you would be spreading that Hereford semen through some random tomato patches in order to create a better "beefsteak" tomato . . .

Northern Rancher said:

Diabolical!

NR even the suggestion makes Monsatan look like an Angel! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts