• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It was about 30 this morning. A couple of skiffs of snow that melted and light rain this week. Enough to make the ground a little soggy when not frozen. I went to a bred cow sale in La Grande. It was snowing lightly and sticking. Once I got over Ladd Pass coming home it cleared up. Now after the NFR is over for the day the ground is barely white and it is down to about 30 degrees. The weather guessers are saying a good snow Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Edit. The weather guessers now say snow on 8 of the next ten days. What is this winter or something?

Last edited:
No snow but cold and moderate-high winds that add a bone-chilling element. I couldn't believe yesterday how it cut through my heavy jacket, windbreaker vest, thermal turtleneck long sleeve tee, and my heavy-lined camisole with a longline padded bralette underneath. Talk about layered! The temp was somewhere in the 30s, but with the wind, it penetrated and felt more like below zero.

I helped haul a bunch of B's calves to a feedlot down by Homedale ID. Good thing we did this today and got back by 2:00. The weather guesser said snow at 3:00. Right on time snowing pretty good with a nice wind to add to the flavor of the day. They are saying 3 inches today/night. The ten day forecast is all below freezing so this snow ain't going to go anywhere.

We got hammered last night. 40-60 mph winds and eight inches of snow. Drifted to beat hell. It's a balmy 9 and dropping like a lead ballon. Bet ya it passes 0 like it's standing still. The mountain sure looks nice and snow covered.

I've been running the air conditioner in the tractor here all week. Some record highs last week, into the lower 80's. Cooled off a bit yesterday and finally made it down to more normal like temps. Forecast is for low 70's again by Christmas day, so strange weather this winter for us.

Well, the banana belt is white this morning with a 4" cover. I sure miss my mountain ranch days with tamarack cracking in the wood fireplace and wood cookstove. Nothing like shoveling out the path to the outhouse to start the day. The year I finally got the septic and toilet installed was the same year I became a diva brat. :cool:

I always had a tub, bathroom, and kitchen sink that drained into a gray water system. I think of these things looking out at the blanket of snow and thankful I no longer have to get out in it to address necessities.

1980 south of BC, but north of WF.
2014457fam9ePBC.jpg

1980 south of BC, but north of WF.

south of BC (Baker City) but north of WF (?)
South of BC "Baker City" (it was just Baker back then) and north of WF "Webfoot" or the Burnt River area. Sorry about the non GPS mountain girl coordinates. To further pinpoint it, it was north of Tony the Italian stallion and a bit south of Elmer the hermit.

South of BC "Baker City" (it was just Baker back then) and north of WF "Webfoot" or the Burnt River area. Sorry about the non GPS mountain girl coordinates. To further pinpoint it, it was north of Tony the Italian stallion and a bit south of Elmer the hermit.
I was trying to figure out a town, mountain, or some other location which would match up with WF. Ebell creek? Dry Creek? Alder Creek? That general part of the world.

I have been up Ebell into the forest circus and darn near to Duelly. All the way up Alder Creek and all over that country. B has a trap just above Kitchen Creek Rd. I have hauled lots of calves out of there. I never have explored up Dry Creek. Just a short distance passed the cutoff road. There was a place for sale up there which a friend was looking into. I did a drive by and turned around.

Latest posts