• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Webfoot and I have the same weather. We woke up to an inch of snow here at the place and the mountain is covered with clouds. Hope it’s stacking up, up there. Probably will be in single digits at night and maybe 40’s during the day for a few days.

Last edited:

webfoot

Reaction score
I had 13 degrees on the back porch yesterday morning. A neighbor said his truck read 9 degrees. It is about 30 and snowing this morning.

Texan

Reaction score
We've had a really pleasant fall week here, other than being warm enough to break a sweat for a couple of days. Highs in the mid-70's to low-80's. Only needed a light jacket a couple of mornings.

A little unusual that we still haven't had a freeze around here, only a couple of light frosts that really didn't hurt much. But, I'm not really gonna be surprised at anything that happens, because this has been an unusual year anyway, right?

Broke Cowboy

Reaction score
We were experiencing unusually warm weather. However, the temperature is dropping to below freezing tonight. A friend who drives snow plow is out on the road right now spreading salt as we are entering a freezing rain warning. Wind is now up to about 30 MPH and forecast to go higher. Up to about 50 MPH.
Fortunately we are fairly well protected by trees.
So it would seem that winter is on the way. We had a little snow but it has melted and we are down to grass again.
My perennial wish -
"A foot of snow on Christmas Eve day and all melted on New Year's Day."
LOL!
Not going to happen - I expect we will see early snow this year if this cold decides to stay and it will stay white on the ground until April.
My very best to all,
BC

Texan

Reaction score
Good to see you're still around, BC. It's hard for me to even imagine a place where snow stays on the ground for months. You guys and your stock are plenty tough to live like that.

Finally dropped below freezing here this morning at 31 with likely another degree or two to drop. A really pleasant week in store with highs around 70 most of the week and no rain in sight. It's getting a little dry, but the dry weather is allowing us to get some things done that we normally wouldn't be able to do this time of year.

jodywy

Reaction score
sunny warm days , 30s to 50s , ice in the reservoirs and no bottom under the water , so hauling water to winter pasture. cows want cake instead of tubs. but the tubs are scattered

Texan

Reaction score
A sweaty week around here last week, but a little cooler and more seasonal coming up over the next week. It's been really dry, but looks to be a good bit of rain in the forecast over the next seven days.

As bad as we need the rain, I almost hate to see it start because I'm still so far behind on stuff I didn't get done from summer. Does anybody ever get caught up? I'm thinking probably not...

Richardd

Reaction score
Here in the Golden Triangle we are Popcorn Fart Dry. Might get some rain this coming weekend. Putting in a new working chute and thought of digging some holes, went and got the water bucket.
Don't think we ever get caught up, after I retired I found a lot of stuff that should have been done before.
Guess if we didn't get behind we wouldn't have that problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts