• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
Its been between _20 and minus 35 for weeks now. With the wind chill it would be more like minus 40 or 50. One day it warmed up to minus 5 and the wind blew like crazy. Filled my corrals up with a glacier. The 12 by 5 foot picture window in my living room broke. The sparrows dropped dead from their roosts in my barns and out buildings.
Alternater went in my water truck and the fan motor went in my bale truck so I had no heater in either truck through this. Just to get stuff started and running in this was a big deal. Propane freezes BTW.
Why do you punish yourself living in such a harsh place?

Yes, propane freezes just don't try thawing out a torch inside by the woodstove. I had a neighbor that did that one winter in hopes of unthawing his pipes and he had the valve open and once it started to unthaw, it blew the large glass front windows out of his log cabin and set the place on fire. Luckily his wife got out with minor burns. Despite several neighbors with large fire extinguishers, the place burned to the ground. The fire district water truck froze up by the time it got there. It was 20 below.

Posting such fridged horror stories will not help your search to find a woman to play cards with. :oops:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Crazy around here too. I gotta haul water as quick as the sun comes up and the ground is still frozen or I won’t make it. Teens at night and almost 50 during the day. Muddy mess. Only snow that is left in the valley are the drifts from the wind

Evans

Reaction score
Why do you punish yourself living in such a harsh place?

Yes, propane freezes just don't try thawing out a torch inside by the woodstove. I had a neighbor that did that one winter in hopes of unthawing his pipes and he had the valve open and once it started to unthaw, it blew the large glass front windows out of his log cabin and set the place on fire. Luckily his wife got out with minor burns. Despite several neighbors with large fire extinguishers, the place burned to the ground. The fire district water truck froze up by the time it got there. It was 20 below.

Posting such fridged horror stories will not help your search to find a woman to play cards with. :oops:
Haha I wasn't thinking about the chasing away women part.
I was hauling water though through this to with no heater in my truck. My home made tiger torch would work unless I let the tip of the torch go down below the hose or the tank I'm not sure which and then it was like a cross between a bomb and a flame thrower.
Just misery trying to get trucks running. Had a propane camping stove under the oil pans and then after l would get the trucks going I would put it in the cab for heat but it didn't help much. Couldn't keep windshield clear. Ran off the road once. I just gunned it until I got back on the road. Good thing I didn't get stuck.
Its warm now. Thank God.

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
Winter weather advisory for midnight tonight through 5 pm Friday.
Gusty winds up to 45 mph, inch or two of snow.
What a change!! We need SNOW not WIND.
Wyoming without wind to build snowdrifts isn't the real Wyoming. :LOL: We are getting a lot of rain today. If this keeps up there should be some nice early grass.

DosArroyos

Reaction score
HaHa! Got to 84 here today.The high for tomorrow is supposed to be 40 with wind in the 30mph range all day with gust to 50mph.Sunday AM 20 degrees.We still haven't had any rain and the county and ranch roads are powder.I wish Mother Nature would make her mind up on the temp

Latest posts