• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the world coming to.........????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jingo2

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/07/proposition-8-california-same-sex-marriage-ban-ruling_n_1260171.html

A federal appeals court on Tuesday declared California's same-sex marriage ban to be unconstitutional, putting the bitterly contested, voter-approved law on track to reach the U.S. Supreme Court.

A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2-1 that a lower court judge correctly interpreted the U.S. Constitution and Supreme Court precedents when he declared in 2010 that Proposition 8 – a response to an earlier state court decision that legalized gay marriage – was a violation of the civil rights of gays and lesbians.

jingo2 said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/07/proposition-8-california-same-sex-marriage-ban-ruling_n_1260171.html

A federal appeals court on Tuesday declared California's same-sex marriage ban to be unconstitutional, putting the bitterly contested, voter-approved law on track to reach the U.S. Supreme Court.

A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2-1 that a lower court judge correctly interpreted the U.S. Constitution and Supreme Court precedents when he declared in 2010 that Proposition 8 – a response to an earlier state court decision that legalized gay marriage – was a violation of the civil rights of gays and lesbians.

BUT,BUT,BUT we are not supposed to enforce that part/side of the Constitution- only the side that gives the extremist right winger radicals their rights... :wink: :p :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
jingo2 said:

BUT,BUT,BUT we are not supposed to enforce that part/side of the Constitution- only the side that gives the extremist right winger radicals their rights... :wink: :p :lol: :lol:

Big supporter of Constitutional rights today, I see. That's nice.

Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:
jingo2 said:

Everyday-- I actually disagree with the 9th on this one--as I think it should be left up to the states....

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:

Everyday-- I actually disagree with the 9th on this one--as I think it should be left up to the states....

Everyday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFLMAO

Please enlighten us to where in the Constitution it says the Federal government has the right to force somebody to BUY something. yet you support OBAMACARE :roll:

Oldtimer said:

I thought you might take another stab for me at the one I've linked below even though you seemed to have had it all sorted out logically in your mind the last time we discussed it.

Personally, I can't give it up and am surprised more Americans chose to look the other way as you do.

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56457

Oldtimer said:
jingo2 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since you are so worried about the constitution Jingy what do you think of Obama forcing the Catholic Church to pay for abortions?

First off , I think you are an over active shrill

and second, what you are talking about only says that hospitals ( Catholic) OFFER birth control.

Offer:to present for acceptance or rejection; proffer: He offered me a cigarette.

For acceptance OR rejection.

jingo2 said:
First off , I think you are an over active shrill

and second, what you are talking about only says that hospitals ( Catholic) OFFER birth control.

Offer:to present for acceptance or rejection; proffer: He offered me a cigarette.

For acceptance OR rejection.

Bishop Rhoades speaks out against federal mandate to provide birth control

The University of Notre Dame has made no secret of their discontent with a federal mandate that make religiously affiliated nonprofit employers provide coverage for birth control.

Now, the leader of the Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese is speaking out.

Bishop Kevin Rhoades calls the mandate "appalling news."

He says the Dioceses will fight the matter tooth and nail and says he doesn't see any compromise in the matter.

He also tells the South Bend Tribune that he sees that mandate as the government forcing them to provide things that are immoral--referring to birth control.

He also notes that the diocese will stand firmly with other catholic intuitions as they fight the matter before it takes effect on August 1st.

Inside the Mind of Evil: Obama Administration's HHS Decision
Share by Jimmy Akin Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:24 PM Comments (121)

Someone sent me this image of Facebook. It's obviously Photoshopped, but it sure conveys the feeling of the Obama administration's decision, doesn't it?

Under the headline "Contraceptive mandate could face tough sledding in Supreme Court" the LA Times is reporting:

The Supreme Court and the Obama administration, already headed for a face-off in March over the constitutionality of the healthcare law, appear to be on another collision course over whether church-run schools, universities, hospitals and charities must provide free contraceptives to their students and employees.
The dispute stems from one of the more popular parts of the new healthcare law: its requirement that all health plans provide "preventive services" for free. That category includes vaccines and such routine screenings as cholesterol checkups and mammograms. Starting this year, it also includes coverage of birth control pills, IUDs and other contraceptives.

Catholic leaders reacted fiercely when the administration announced in recent days that it would hold most religious institutions to that mandate, even those that have moral and religious objections to what some of their lawyers describe as "abortion-inducing drugs."

Already two religious colleges have sued, and their cause got a major boost earlier this month from a unanimous Supreme Court decision that greatly expanded the definition of religious freedom.

WRONG AGAIN Jingy

edit just so you don't miss the who MUST PROVIDE birth control under Obamacare JINGY :wink: :roll:

Tam said:
Since you are so worried about the constitution Jingy what do you think of Obama forcing the Catholic Church to pay for abortions?

Are you really one of those nuts that thinks abortion and contraception are the same thing?

Bullhauler said:
Tam said:

Are you really one of those nuts that thinks abortion and contraception are the same thing?

Catholic leaders are furious and determined to harness the voting power of the nation's 70 million Catholic voters to stop a provision of President Barack Obama's new heath car reform bill that will force Catholic schools, hospitals and charities to buy birth control pills, abortion-producing drugs and sterilization coverage for their employees.

They are both a form of BIRTH CONTROL and Obama's mandate say the Catholic Church MUST PROVIDE for free Birth Control including a pill that is meant to ABORT the baby.

This issue proves to me you liberals are the most un-informed people on what your party is shoving down your throats. :roll: You just open you mouths and swallow.

Tam said:
Bullhauler said:
Tam said:

Catholic leaders are furious and determined to harness the voting power of the nation's 70 million Catholic voters to stop a provision of President Barack Obama's new heath car reform bill that will force Catholic schools, hospitals and charities to buy birth control pills, abortion-producing drugs and sterilization coverage for their employees.

They are both a form of BIRTH CONTROL and Obama's mandate say the Catholic Church MUST PROVIDE for free Birth Control including a pill that is meant to ABORT the baby.

This issue proves to me you liberals are the most un-informed people on what your party is shoving down your throats. :roll: You just open you mouths and swallow.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Whoa Nellie

Tam, I am gonna give you THE MOST honest answer I have ever given you.

I DO NOT GIVE A SHITE

jingo2 said:

I DO NOT GIVE A SHITE

I am quite certain you don't. You would lose to many brain cells.

jingo2 said:

I DO NOT GIVE A SHITE

That is apparent as if you did give a shite you wouldn't be voting for Obama. :roll:

Bullhauler said:
Tam said:

What is the purpose of contraception? To protect against conception, correct?

Will a condom protect you against pregnancy, after you have conceived? Didn't think so....

So is RU-486 a contraceptive, or a pill to end a pregnancy?

"Are you really one of those nuts that thinks abortion and contraception are the same thing?"

In an audacious assault on revered conscience rights, the Obama Administration stated on January 20 that it would not alter the Obamacare "contraceptive mandate" issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in August to require all insurance providers to cover all FDA-approved drugs and devices. This mandate covers not only contraceptives but the morning after pill, Ella, and sterilizations

http://www.wrtl.org/blog/index.php/2012/01/24/obamacare-bites-catholic-church-and-conscience-rights/

jingo2 said:

maybe someday the liberals in California will realize the difference between a democracy and a Constitutional Republic..

liberals seem to always want a democracy where the vote total is all that counts yet rely on the protections of our Constitutional Republic.

If the political world/people in general would worry more about jobs and the economy instead of what happens in the uterus of a PRIVATE person life.....things might get back on track.

Latest posts