• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's your favorite ranch "chore"?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Probably rolling out hay bales in the winter (when it isn't blowing too hard) and watching them line up in rows to eat it up.

Maybe even more than that is turning the pairs out into the summer pasture fields after they have been tagged and bagged in the calving pasture. After a calf or two, the cow just seems to know what I am doing and heads for the gate with her new baby wobbling alongside . . . .

Mine is cleaning the horse barn.. I turn the radio on and do some of my best thinking...... Anything but stacking bales.... I'd rather take a beating..

We should work together Katrina, Stacking bales and moving hay is my favorite job of the year!

Fencing for me, the tight wires & straight posts. Then haying, every bale makes you feel a little better about the winter coming.

anything to do with cows and being horseback, on the farming side, harvest is my favourite time of year

Gotta say, I ain't found something that I don't love yet. Ya, it's a pain when your baler belt goes, and yer down for a day, but puttin er back together and rolling up feed for winter is really quite enjoyable. Not a thing I don't like, just sometimes things are less fun than at other times, if you get my drift. I love planting, calving, and hatching when things are new, but I also love harvest, selling calves, and putting meat in the freezer. Gotta love AG.

I love being horseback wether it is checking heavys or pairing out or sorting in the corral.My favorite chore horseback is riding through pairs on good pasture when you can just about watch the calves growing and the cows are fat and contented. I am a firm believer in the old saying that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

Latest posts