• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's your favorite steaks?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben H said:
Top Blade steak and Flat Iron is the same piece of meat, just cut different, not sure if they do the Flat Iron up there or not. It's one of those checkoff value added cuts.

That's why I asked. We don't see the flat iron up here in the supermarkets as often as the blade, from what I've seen.

Nothing wrong with them, as far as I'm concerned for BBQ, or for a stir fry.

Ribeye............charcoaled rare,with no seasoning,baked potato and salad and someting to wash it down with.
goood luck

jodywy said:
ribeye, then a lamb chop

We had rack of lamb tonight, medium rare, just a touch of salt and pepper, it was phenomenal.

PIC_1340.JPG

I love lamb chops, but the wife had morning sickness one time when I was frying lamb chops, she still can't stand the smell when I am frying chops, 19 years latter.

This here looks very palatable.
Turtle.jpg

Handmade ground beef patties,
topped with sharp cheddar cheese,
wrapped in a bacon weave,
then the next step,
add hot dogs as the heads,
legs with slits for toes and tail.

Next step.
Place on an oven rack,
covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees.
A little crispy,
not too crunchy... just how a turtle should be, right?

I'm nearly not allowed to say this, but a grilled lamb chop, is well within my top 3 picks. If we have to eat out, I'll have a ribeye or a chicken fried what ever they have. Apparently we are exporting all of our good local beef steaks to some where else... No complaints; I eat like a king at home. Good place to to grill a ribeye or two.

As long as it's marbled nicely like maybe a CAB or so, I don't really give a hoot what cut it is. Wait a minute, Filet Oscar is possibly my favorite of all time. :D

Faster horses said:
I'm glad someone thought coyote was funny besides me.
But I will fix it, 'My bother-in-law was married to a Basque girl,
and man, can they ever cook lamb."

How's that? :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That what I assumed was meant, not near as funny though! :D :D

hypocritexposer said:
HAY MAKER said:
Ribeye............charcoaled rare,with no seasoning,baked potato and salad and someting to wash it down with.
goood luck

water or pepsi, no doubt. :lol: :lol:

Water,witha couple ounces Crown Royal Black :wink:
good luck

We were having new york strips this morning because somebody who will remain nameless left a box of steaks out of the deep freeze last night. It was off a thirty month old freemartin that grazed out till Dec.1 then had been on hay till we killed her. Tender and tasty.

Latest posts