• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

When a neighbor goes behind your back is it just business?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Is it acceptable for a neighbor to take a long standing lease away from another neighbor by doing it

• Yes, it's just business and with the lack of moisture any way you can get summer pasture is just goo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is an unspoken rule about being a neighbor.

• I have a mixed opinion.

• Total voters
This is where we put tiles ( an open pipe with holes to allow water in ) through out a field in a manner to drain excess water off the fields so that you will get an increase in yield. This will also help balance the ph in your soil if you are two sweet.

This will also allow earlier planting, less erosion from run off etc. So you can see if it is needed ( about 50% of the ground around here ) it can prove very valuable. Although it can get very expensive as well.

Thanks George, that's what I was guessing it was. We have the opposite problem...we have to put water on the field :p

You ar ewelcome - - I hope I explained it good dnough.

Many of the sports fields around here are irrigated the same way - - - back flooding the tiles - - - it is very effective in terms of water usage but the cost of the tile would prohibit this for most commercial crops.

Latest posts