• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where did February go?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

starvin'dog

Reaction score
And who cares?
Been a cold and miserable month here. Still -38 here this morning. I feel sorry for those that turned bulls out thinking March 1st is springtime.

March definitely came in here like a lion....Snowed and blowed thru the night- creating some pretty good drifting..... Temp sunk down to -6 --- but supposed to be colder tonight... And predicting more wind and snow!!!

This morning was nice, with the temperature at least 44 degrees. It didn't even get below freezing last night. Late in the morning, the wind came up out of the north and the temperature dropped rapidly. Now at noon, it is only 25 degrees. I wish the Old Farmer's Almanac would come out a year in advance, so that a person would know whether or not to turn bulls out early. :wink: :)

Good riddance, one of the worst winter months I can remember. From 40 below to, plus tens with pouring rain on and off for a couple of weeks and then back down to 40 below and 10 inches of snow. I will take a year of January's over one month of Feb like this last one.

Even got me considering summer calving :shock:
I hope I have regained my senses now and will be ready to start AI'ing the beginning of April . :?

Even got me considering summer calving :shock:
I hope I have regained my senses now and will be ready to start AI'ing the beginning of April . :?[/quote]

I was almost starting to consider it to :roll: ,it must have been cold :lol: .

Last two days have given everybody pause I think. Just got in from inspecting a group of breds for the feeder co-op-they were sure a nice set of Angus and AngusX heifers. The cold wasn't bothering them at all. At least the aftyernoons are warming up a little bit.

Latest posts