• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where did the TARP funds go?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
as of September 11, 2009, it had disbursed $363 billion to participating institutions.

http://freerisk.org/wiki/index.php/TARP

Treasury has received almost $7 billion in dividend payments, about $2.9 billion in warrant liquidations, and over $70 billion in repurchases from institutions participating in CPP, as of August 31, 2009

July 20, 2009

"The government's top watchdog over the $700 billion financial rescue package said the Treasury Department has "repeatedly failed" to adopt his recommendations that would make the program more transparent and accountable to taxpayers

So after the first 7 months of the obama administration $363 B had been disbursed, but $79.9 B had come back to the treasury, so where did the other $416.9 Billion go?

Has obama told his regulators to take an "extended coffee break"? Are the OWS protesters protesting the correct people? Looks to me like obama is responsible the vast majority of the TARP funds

"Absent meaningful regulatory reform, TARP runs the risk of merely reanimating markets that had collapsed under the weight of reckless behavior," the report said. "The firms that were 'too big to fail' last October are in many cases bigger still, many as a result of government-supported and -sponsored mergers and acquisitions."

TARP may have been a huge mistake in government over reach..

and with the nationalization of GM and selling of Chrysler to Fiat for nothing..

but financially it may not be as bad as the Obama "investments" in our country..
congress knows the results.. and the media knows the results.. so why isn't the public being informed?

either way.. I didn't support it then and I don't support it now...

http://www.sigtarp.gov/reports.shtml

Latest posts