• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where or where has our money gone?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Link below; my emphasis.

"Hundreds of millions of dollars have been wasted on unnecessary and overpriced equipment for Iraqi's new army at a time when the United States and its allies are struggling to get the force in shape to battle insurgents, Iraqi officials say."

And

"Corruption is widespread at the ministry. One of the cases alone is worth $226 million. The investigation is still going on," said legislator Kamal al-Saaidi, a member of the independent Supreme Anti-corruption Commission.

Most of the alleged unnecessary purchases were made during the term of interim Prime Minster Ayad Allawi, who took office after occupation authorities turned over sovereignty to Iraqis on June 28, 2004."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050802/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_corruption

The money went into the pockets of the owners of US military manufacturers, and you can bet that every one of them gave Bush money in the last election.

pusshaw---you don't say. Bush's next big move should be a real blunder, maybe even bigger than Iraq. Saddam's assessment might not be too far off----"little man with big head".

OMG!!! Let's hope it's not bigger than Iraq!!! That would be DoomsDay for us all.

Can you speak Korean or Farsi??????? I can't, might better bone up if "W" gets a taste for kimchi or fava beans we've all had it!

Under Saddam there would not have been an investigation or a "member of the independent Supreme Anti-corruption Commission", in fact Saddam was able to sqander Iraq's wealth with out a single Liberal to complain,,,as he controlled the press also...

where you see Negative, there is the seeds of freedom........

Under Saddam there would not have been an investigation or a "member of the independent Supreme Anti-corruption Commission", in fact Saddam was able to sqander Iraq's wealth with out a single Liberal to complain,,,as he controlled the press also...

Steve said:

That's certainly true, but it wasn't my tax dollars either.

Ah, yes, we know that the Bush Bunch planned to influence the Iraqi election. How much influence did they have? We also see that most of the money disappeared before the election, under the leadership of Bush's appointed government. But there was a funny comment toward the end of the article. It reminded me of you, Steve. At the end, the guy blamed the corruption on Saddam, just like you'd like to blame everything on the Democrats. Some where, some time, George W. Bush will be held accountable for this mess.

"Just as a house that is burned down takes time to rebuild, so it will take us time to clean out the culture that Saddam brought to Iraq," he said.

while I didn't even read your onesided article, it is a good quote,,and just indicates they are growing and making progress...

That's certainly true, but it wasn't my tax dollars either.

and do you really pay that much in Taxes....how much is really Your share? because if you send me your tax return I will refund the paltry sum you paid to support our troops.....as long as you refund the portion of my taxes that goes to support welfare and other worthless programs I don't approve of such as the National endowment of the Arts ,NPR, and any of those other drug intervention plans....

Steve....in your last posting you just stated yourself that you "didn't read" the posting of Disagreeable.

Well, then why bother to reply if you dont' have the stated information ? Is this a problem, not only for you but for others, that they don't read, think then speak.

Seems to be that this Disagreeable person does some bang up reasearch, is able to back it with references that are correct, if you read them and ck them out. If you agree or not is one thing, but the trail of info is correct.

Take the time and READ before making a comment.

Kolanuraven ,obviously, you didn't read all of Steve's post or you would see that he was referring to a portion of it. :roll: -and good one too, Steve.

kolanuraven said:
Steve....in your last posting you just stated yourself that you "didn't read" the posting of Disagreeable.

Well, then why bother to reply if you dont' have the stated information ? Is this a problem, not only for you but for others, that they don't read, think then speak.

Seems to be that this Disagreeable person does some bang up reasearch, is able to back it with references that are correct, if you read them and ck them out. If you agree or not is one thing, but the trail of info is correct.

Take the time and READ before making a comment.

kolanuraven, thank you, but don't confuse Steve with the facts. He's a good, solid Republican, following their tried and true method of winning: if it doesn't fit your agenda, discount it, personally attack the person submitting the facts, and, when all else fails, lie. I know quite well that Steve, Cal, Katrina, FH are never going to admit this war is a disaster. But a lot more people read this board than post on it. Those are the folks I'm aiming for.

if you had read the post and article you would have seen that the quote I posted was from the second to last line in the article...I guess you can't unserstand sarcasm.....

and had you been reading dis' liberal crap for the last couple of years you would have seen that she has called names, lied, and twisted half truths worse then all the combined posters on this site put togeather...

but most of all you would have seen her absence since the election when Kerry lost,,,,

but then you blind loyalty to her shows that your mind was made up on the first post and that you are another poster who can't do research to see that dis posts are one-sided and full of the liberal aganda...

The problem for Disagreeable is that I do think and and am an excellant reader / researcher...and will not stand for her anti military lies...

and as ussuall dis resorts to calling me a liar, when I disprove her opinions...with facts....I don't post to debate with dis, as she is hell-bent on her own aganda and can't see any thing but the liberal play book,,,I post to show how she is using opinion as a base for her lies....

Steve said:
and had you been reading dis' liberal crap for the last couple of years you would have seen that she has called names, lied, and twisted half truths worse then all the combined posters on this site put togeather...

Show me, Steve, where I've twisted half truths. I've posted articles, GOVERNMENT REPORTS, that have shown this war is unjustified.

Kerry still lost, and I'm here. You can credit Cal's post for getting me back into the political posting routine.

but then you blind loyalty to her shows that your mind was made up on the first post and that you are another poster who can't do research to see that dis posts are one-sided and full of the liberal aganda...

No, my posts are backed up by facts, newspaper articles, and GOVERNMENT REPORTS. What do you give us? The Army Recruiting website! Now there's an unbiased site!

The problem for Disagreeable is that I do think and and am an excellant reader / researcher...and will not stand for her anti military lies...

"am an excellent read/researcher" ROTLMAO! Show me three facts that you've posted with your "excellent" research from a recognized source that proved me wrong about anything. Come on, I'm waiting.

and as ussuall dis resorts to calling me a liar, when I disprove her opinions...with facts....I don't post to debate with dis, as she is hell-bent on her own aganda and can't see any thing but the liberal play book,,,I post to show how she is using opinion as a base for her lies....

I call you a liar when you lie. I'll call you a fool when you're foolish. When/if you get something right, I'll call you correct and you're correct that I'm hell bent on my agenda to get American soldiers out of Iraq. But you're flat out lying when you say I'm using "opinion" as a base for my agenda. I'm using documented facts and anyone with an open mind can and will see it. And they'll see you and Cal's opinion pieces for what they are.

AND....isn't it a wee bit sexist to assume that Disagreeable is a woman??? From what I have read the gender of this poster is unknown.

What makes you assume that Disagreeable is a woman?????

It's funny that a lot of the ones who pitch such a hissy are obviously men, from your tag names.

kola, nice ricochet. Great method. I see you've gotten some lessons from Ms. Dis. Don't agree? Just toss some words out! :(

Nice ricochet yourself.....but you posted a reply but didn't answer my question!

How is that the " regulars" on this board--who were chewing on Disagreeable long before I got here-- assume that Disagreeable is a woman?

Wantabe indian wrote:
Ok Steve...want to get ugly and rude? You can't spell!

Now I call that insightful political debate?

but I was no where near as ugly or as rude as you are,,,

and while beauty is no where a judge of how people are I'm sure in your own judgemental way, it does matter..

maybe you could try to come up with something more original other then just insults...then maybe I would not have to respond to just your lame comments..

Wantabe indian wrote
Ok Steve...want to get ugly and rude? You can't spell!

At least I can spell my own name properly

Correct spellings for the translation of Raven

Ka-lo-nu
Ka-la-nu

or the more common Co-lo-neh which is incorrect by the most studies into the langauge,

correct pronuciation:
go-la-nu

Not Kolanu

Cherokee words can almost always be spelled as they are pronounced

The Cherokee language uses the following English consonants: d g h k l m n q s t w

Syallables beginning with "g" except (ga) are pronounced almost as in English, but approaching to (k).

Latest posts