• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Which province?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
Alberta looks pretty sweet to me....LOL

Top reasons to live in the different provinces

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA

1. Vancouver: 3.5 million people and two bridges. You do the math.

2. Your $700,000 Vancouver home is just 5 hours from downtown.

3. You can throw a rock and hit three Starbucks locations.

4. There's always some sort of deforestation protest going on.

5. Weed.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN ALBERTA

1. Big rock between you and B.C.

2. Ottawa who?

3. Tax is 5% instead of the approximately 13% it is for the rest of the country.

4. You can exploit almost any natural resource you can think of..

5. You live in the only province that could actually afford to be its own country.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN SASKATCHEWAN

1. You never run out of wheat.

2. Your province is really easy to draw.

3. You can watch the dog run away from home for hours.

4. People will assume you live on a farm.

5. Traveling for more than an hour on the roadways will make your kidneys bleed.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN MANITOBA

1. You wake up one morning to find that you suddenly have a beachfront property.

2. Hundreds of huge, horribly frigid lakes.

3. Nothing compares to a wicked Winnipeg winter.

4. You can be an Easterner or a Westerner depending on your mood.

5. You can pass the time watching trucks and barns float by.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN ONTARIO

1. You live in the centre of the universe.

2. Your $700,000 Toronto home is actually a dump.

3. You and you alone decide who will win the federal election.

4. The only province with hard-core American-style crime.
5. You have teams in all the major sports leagues.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN QUEBEC

1. Racism is socially acceptable.

2. You can take bets with your friends on which English neighbour will move out next.

3. Other provinces basically bribe you to stay in Canada .

4. You can blame all your problems on the 'Anglo *#!%!'
5. You receive 51% of Canada 's wealth and contribute nothing.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NEW BRUNSWICK

1. One way or another, the government gets 98% of your income.

2. You're poor, but not as poor as the Newfies.

3. No one ever blames anything on New Brunswick .

4. Everybody has a grandfather who runs a lighthouse.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NOVA SCOTIA

1. Everyone can play the fiddle. The ones who can't, think they can.

2. You can pretend to have Scottish heritage as an excuse to get drunk and wear a kilt.

3. You are the only reason Anne Murray makes money.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

1. Even though more people live on NewfoundlandIsland , you still got the big, new bridge.

2. You can walk across the province in half an hour.

3. You can drive across the province in two minutes.

4. Everyone has been an extra on 'Road to Avonlea.'

5 . You can confuse ships by turning your porch lights on and off at night.

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NEWFOUNDLAND

1. If Quebec separates, you will float off to sea.

2. If you do something stupid, you have a built-in excuse.

3. The workday is about two hours long.

4. It is socially acceptable to wear your hip waders to your wedding.

This for one is all lies about BC...first of we have three bridges and one tunell ,with one more new bridge on its way and the widing of another....The only houses five hours away that would be worth 700,000,I guess would be in portaland Oregon,as five hours any direction other then south you are pretty much in areas where very few people reside...There is only one Starbucks I can think of near here but about 10 Tim hortons...As far as the forestry goes its pretty much shut down,so even the protesters have found new signs to carry......I have only one problem with Albertain's.......Why if Alberta is such a great place to live do so many of you own homes in the interior of BC and scoop up all the good tee times here....stay home if iit so great there....LOL...

nonothing said:
This for one is all lies about BC...first of we have three bridges and one tunell ,with one more new bridge on its way and the widing of another....The only houses five hours away that would be worth 700,000,I guess would be in portaland Oregon,as five hours any direction other then south you are pretty much in areas where very few people reside...There is only one Starbucks I can think of near here but about 10 Tim hortons...As far as the forestry goes its pretty much shut down,so even the protesters have found new signs to carry......I have only one problem with Albertain's.......Why if Alberta is such a great place to live do so many of you own homes in the interior of BC and scoop up all the good tee times here....stay home if iit so great there....LOL...
LOL....It DOES kinda look like some Albertan started this email.....{not me} I would someday love to own a vacation home in Tofino,but I don't think there's golf courses there,and if there are what sense is it to chase a little white ball around :???: :wink:I'd rather be laying on the beach drinking my Starbucks coffee.... :D

I can't for the life of me figure out why we would need a vacation Home in BC when we can get on West Jet and be on one of your courses in an hour and still be home in time for supper. My BIL has the odd 4 hour journey to work when it snows unexpectedly. Good thing for laptops and cell phones or those days wouldn't be very productive.

... And why is it that this email only revolves around Vancouver :? . There is way more to BC and way better places than Vancouver.... just about anywhere BC is better than Vancouver. Obviously whoever thought this up hasn't traveled beyond Vancouver :lol: , so sorry for them :roll: :lol: .

BC is nice to visit but no real urge to live there-our deer are bigger in Sask. Too many people in Alberta and the Greatest Show on Earth doesn't pay day money in the Novice Broncs lol. Manitoba only has one snowplow anytime I've driven there in the winter and-spits- they are the home of the Blue Bombers.

per said:
Isn't there a soccer team Burnt?

Ya, I think it's called Man U or something . . . . .

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

. . .or maybe F.C., but I'm not a soccer fan, so . . . and the Argos, well . . . . and the Raptors, well . . .

oh heck I better quit now.

Wait a minute, the Jays just set a new franchise record by winning their first 5 season series!! Seems they were playing some sorry bunch from Texas . . .

Jigger Boss said:
... And why is it that this email only revolves around Vancouver :? . There is way more to BC and way better places than Vancouver.... just about anywhere BC is better than Vancouver. Obviously whoever thought this up hasn't traveled beyond Vancouver :lol: , so sorry for them :roll: :lol: .

I never mentioned just Vancouver....but half the homes aroud shuswap lakes are Albertain owned... :cry: :p :wink: :)

Jigger Boss said:
BC is just bar none a beautiful province. I also love Vancouver,such a stunning city,with the mountains and the flowering plants and trees we don't see in AB.I LOVED Granville Island,the best ever market!!!

I noticed NN didn't refute the weed part of his "home" province.... :p

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN MANITOBA

1. You wake up one morning to find that you suddenly have a beachfront property.

Or sometimes you find yourself living in a house boat. :shock:

2. Hundreds of huge, horribly frigid lakes.

Full of fish!

3. Nothing compares to a wicked Winnipeg winter.

Nothing compares to a perfect Manitoba summer. I really mean that! Why do you think we put up with the winters? The summers are THAT GOOD!

4. You can be an Easterner or a Westerner depending on your mood.

True, but no one has ever been in the mood to be an Easterner.

5. You can pass the time watching trucks and barns float by.

There goes one now! :D :D :D

Northern Rancher said:
Too many people in Alberta and the Greatest Show on Earth doesn't pay day money in the Novice Broncs lol.

Only BC boys win the novice broncs anyway :lol:

Part of BC is on the west side of the mountains???!?!?!!? :shock:

who knew?

gcreekrch said:
Silver said:
Part of BC is on the west side of the mountains???!?!?!!? :shock:

who knew?

Hey!!! We're on the east side of the COAST Mtns. :D :???:

Lol, I know, I was thinking that as I typed! :lol:
As long as we've got mountains to the west of us we're ok!

Latest posts