• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

whitewig

Help Support Ranchers.net:

VCC

Reaction score
We have a ton of problems in the states, but how is the election and recount going in your country, from your perspective at least.

VCC said:
We have a ton of problems in the states, but how is the election and recount going in your country, from your perspective at least.

IMHO, there won't be a recount. Half the population believes the election was stolen and the other half is now wondering what the heck happened to their beloved Chavismo.

I was sure Maduro (Chavez's anointed one) would win by 5-10% points and was shocked that the vote was so close. Capriles won a majority of the states, but here, the guy with the most votes wins. According to the CNE (National Election Council), that was Maduro.

Time will tell. Don't know if there's a recall option in the constitution. If there is, and the Maduro government allows it to happen, he'd be in deep doo. I suspect that within 6 to 12 months Maduro will be deeply unpopular because the economy here is in a shambles and the natives are getting restless, even those who wear red.

Maduro ain't no Chavez and now the Chavistas are coming to grips with that fact.

My bad on the name, type and not reading what I typed gets me in trouble.

How often do they have elections? Or should I say how long before he could be voted out?

VCC said:
My bad on the name, type and not reading what I typed gets me in trouble.

How often do they have elections? Or should I say how long before he could be voted out?

Relax, I've been called much worse. :D

Presidential elections are held every 6 years though for a while there it seemed like there was a national election of some type every 18 months or so. After a while I lost track of it all.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen though for the first time in many years I can sense that a lot of folks who formerly backed the opposition only in private, are now bold enough to say it in public. And one thing that's very evident, a lot of folks who hung "Vote Maduro" posters in front of their homes, actually voted for Capriles.

Latest posts