• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who gets your Social Security when you die? (email)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Who Gets Your Social Security When You Die?

I didn't do or check the math on this, but I think that people really need to stop calling SS an entitlement like it is a dirty word. I think of it more as repaying a loan that the government borrowed from us.

KEEP PASSING THIS AROUND UNTIL EVERY ONE HAS READ IT.....

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THIS CALCULATION IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN

THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY COLLECTED THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY!!!! WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?????????????

This was sent to me, I am sending it on because it does touch a nerve in me.

This is another example of what Rick Perry called "TREASON in high places"!!! Get angry and pass this on!

Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500.

If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the government pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.

If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than

30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.

The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madhoff ever had.

Entitlement my ass, I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!

Congressional benefits ---- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement entitlements?

We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans or Homeless.

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey. And now Pakistan ......home

of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our

government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food

to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money.

Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave

'US' the same support they give to other countries.

Sad isn't it?

99% of people won't have the guts to forward this.

I'm one of the 1% -- I Just Did.

It's not the ones drawing social security that is breaking the system..... its all the children's programs that are funded from the social security program.

I believe it was AARP who came out last year saying the ss recipients must take a 16% reduction in benefits to keep the program solvent or else a 30% reduction at a later time...... NO mention of taking the children's programs being funded by SS (Chips, adoption subsidy, guardianship subsidy, etc., etc., etc.) out of the program.

Of course SS is going broke, we abort our working force and call it a woman's right.

MoGal said:
It's not the ones drawing social security that is breaking the system..... its all the children's programs that are funded from the social security program.

I believe it was AARP who came out last year saying the ss recipients must take a 16% reduction in benefits to keep the program solvent or else a 30% reduction at a later time...... NO mention of taking the children's programs being funded by SS (Chips, adoption subsidy, guardianship subsidy, etc., etc., etc.) out of the program.

Of course SS is going broke, we abort our working force and call it a woman's right.

Abortion is a "war on future women"

Who gets your Social Security when you die?

en_0615_full_480x360.jpg

* Since 1982, Social Security has had surpluses ranging from $89 million to $190 billion per year.[90] By law, these surpluses must be loaned to the federal government, which is obligated to pay the money back with interest.[91] [92] [93] This is referred to as the "Social Security Trust Fund," and at the close of 2009, it had a balance of $2.5 trillion.[94]

* In 2010 and 2011, Social Security is projected to spend a total of $48 billion more than it collects in taxes.

http://www.justfacts.com/socialsecurity.asp

the best solution for SS is a healthy growing economy and workforce...

* In addition to "intermediate" projections that predict the trust fund will be depleted in 2037, Social Security's actuaries have calculated "high-cost" projections predicting that the trust fund will be depleted in 2029 and "low-cost" projections predicting that the program will "be able to cover cost for the foreseeable future."

with a healthy economy and a growing workforce, the cost burden (those disabled and retiring) will drop and those earning and paying in would increase,...

the reality is our workforce has shrunk drastically over the last 3 and a half years... and those forced to retire has increased...

anyone expecting to retire after 2037 had better make other plans....

Latest posts