• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who said it?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
This is a fun quiz. Listed below are 10 direct quotes. You have to guess
which American politician said it. Your four choices are:

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
Former VP Dan Quayle
President Barack Obama
Former President George W. Bush

Ready? Here we go!

Who said it?

1) "Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of "Israel"

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

2) "I've now been in 57 states I think one left to go."

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

3) "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen
heroes, and I see many of them in the audience here today.

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

4) "What they'll say is, 'Well it costs too much money,' but you know what?
It would cost, about. It it would cost about the same as what we would
spend. It. Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us.
(nervous laugh) All right. Okay.
We're going to do it. It would cost us about the same as it would cost for
about hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up,
though. I'm glad."

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

5) "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and
inefficiencies to our health care system."

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

(6) "I bowled a 129. It's like - it was like the Special Olympics, or
something."

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

7) "Of the many responsibilities granted to a president by our Constitution,
few are more serious or more consequential than selecting a Supreme Court
justice. The members of our highest
Court are granted life tenure, often serving long after the Presidents who
appointed them. And they are charged with the vital task of applying
principles put to paper more than 20 centuries ago to some of the most
difficult questions of our time."

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

8) "Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the
emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a
hospital bed, it costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them
treatment early and they got some treatment,
and a, a breathalyzer, or inhalator, not a breathalyzer. I haven't had much
sleep in the last 48 hours.

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

9) "It was interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not
that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of I don't know
what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing."

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

10) "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in
the future."

A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

This was a trick quiz. All of the correct answers are the same
person.

Each of these quotes are directly from President Barack
Obama.

And now you know why he brings his teleprompter with him
everywhere he goes ...even when talking to a 6th grade class.

And some members of the media continue to insist he is "The
smartest man ever elected to the Presidency".

Yeah Right.

That would probably trick some liberals. :lol:

But the Conservatives? Not so much...........

They know better.

Much fun can be had reading gaffes by not only those from the above list of choices, but many other politicians as well.

In an effort to make things "fair and balanced"........ :wink:

Sarah P. :

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

3. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

4. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

5. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

6. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

8. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

9. "I told the Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that Bridge to Nowhere." –Sarah Palin, who was for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it

10. "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" --Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council

Dan Q. :

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." 8/11/89

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." 9/15/88

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change." 5/22/89

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." 12/6/89

"May our nation continue to be the beakon of hope to the world." The Quayles' 1989 Christmas card.

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." 11/30/88

"We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward."

"I have made good judgments in the Past. I have made good judgments in the Future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world." 9/21/88

George W. B.

10. "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." -to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

9. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." -Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

8. "They misunderestimated me." -Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

7. "So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory — and success." – on Iraq, Washington, D.C., April 17, 2008

6. "The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear — I'm a commander guy." -Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

5. "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." – Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

4. "More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming out any other way." – Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007

3. "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" -Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

1. "There's an old saying in Tennessee – I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee – that says, fool me once, shame on – shame on you. Fool me – you can't get fooled again." -Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

You miss the point, Silver. The anti-Obama crowd (common sense people) aren't the group that is starry-eyed proclaiming the brilliance of their leader as the Obama-zombies are. That is the point - the man is not brilliant.

Once again they don't defend obama, they have to attack someone else. If obama was worth anything you would defend him..and you CAN"T

Typically silvers response is on oldtimer would try, congratulations silver for becoming an oldtimer clone :roll: Guess oldtimer is need the help due to the decreasing brain cells brought on by his excessive drinking

hopalong said:
Typically silvers response is on oldtimer would try, congratulations silver for becoming an oldtimer clone :roll: Guess oldtimer is need the help due to the decreasing brain cells brought on by his excessive drinking

I wouldn't put Silver even close to the same category as OT

Silver said:
Much fun can be had reading gaffes by not only those from the above list of choices, but many other politicians as well.

In an effort to make things "fair and balanced"........ :wink:

Sarah P. :

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

3. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

4. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

5. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

6. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

8. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

9. "I told the Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that Bridge to Nowhere." –Sarah Palin, who was for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it

10. "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" --Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council

Dan Q. :

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." 8/11/89

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." 9/15/88

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change." 5/22/89

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." 12/6/89

"May our nation continue to be the beakon of hope to the world." The Quayles' 1989 Christmas card.

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." 11/30/88

"We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward."

"I have made good judgments in the Past. I have made good judgments in the Future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world." 9/21/88

George W. B.

10. "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." -to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

9. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." -Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

8. "They misunderestimated me." -Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

7. "So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory — and success." – on Iraq, Washington, D.C., April 17, 2008

6. "The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear — I'm a commander guy." -Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

5. "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." – Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

4. "More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming out any other way." – Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007

3. "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" -Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

1. "There's an old saying in Tennessee – I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee – that says, fool me once, shame on – shame on you. Fool me – you can't get fooled again." -Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Well Silver, by golly, I think you may have some potential as a fair and balanced news caster. Thanks for the posting. GWBush's are absolutely hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as are all of them,have to stay fair and balanced here on Rnet you know.

"Every week we don't pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.''

It takes a woman to clean House.

"I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels. It's cheap, abundant and clean compared to fossil fuels."

"We have to pass it, to know what's in it,"

and a few more..

"We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
-Hillary Clinton

"A zebra doesn't change its spots."
-- algore, 1992

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."
-- algore, in CNN interview 3/09/1999

"In 50 years there will be no North Pole in the summertime."
-- algore on MTV's 'Choose or Lose' Town Hall Forum 9/26/2000

Well Steve, by golly, I think you may have some potential as a fair and balanced news caster. Thanks for the posting these last gems are absolutely hilarious as are all of them,have to stay fair and balanced here on Rnet you know.
We realize that a couple of the liberal posters on here only post part of the the things they find, leaving out KEY parts of information, and posting a link, that is laughable,, am not going to point fingers, but a liberal speaking ex lawman comes to mind as being a great example of feeding mis information if he can, but most are aware of it now so his creditably goes lower every time he posts :D

Sorry if I offended anyone. The point of my post was not to attack or defend anyone. It was simply that Soaps choices on the quiz made me curious as to what kinds of gaffes they had made in the past, and I enjoy a good faux pas regardless of from whom it is from.
On a side note, I really noticed how poorly B.O articulated away from the teleprompter on his first visit to Canada. Steven Harper made Obama appear almost childish by comparison.

Silver said:
Sorry if I offended anyone. The point of my post was not to attack or defend anyone. It was simply that Soaps choices on the quiz made me curious as to what kinds of gaffes they had made in the past, and I enjoy a good faux pas regardless of from whom it is from.
On a side note, I really noticed how poorly B.O articulated away from the teleprompter on his first visit to Canada. Steven Harper made Obama appear almost childish by comparison.

"The most intelligent PM evah" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts