• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who will pay the medical costs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
More and more wounded and mained are coming back from Iraq. Some of them will need medical care for the rest of their lives. Will our government step up and take care of them? Link below; my emphasis.

"Former Army Major Tammy Duckworth lost both her legs in Iraq. The helicopter pilot--a major in the Illinois Army National Guard--was flying a Blackhawk over hostile territory when a rocket-propelled grenade hit her aircraft. Duckworth spent the next 13 months in hospitals and rehab centers, in a wheelchair or on prosthetic limbs, trying to relearn the skills she'd once taken for granted. "It's the very little things," that can be the hardest, she says. "It's something as mundane as trying to do your laundry. For me, it was changing the sheets on my bed. How do you do that if you have no legs?"
Duckworth is now running for Congress as a Democrat, hoping to win Henry Hyde's seat representing Chicago's western suburbs. But she's the exception: Most of the nearly 13,000 American veterans who have returned home from Afghanistan or Iraq to face life as amputees aren't doing nearly so well. With record numbers of soldiers surviving injuries that would have killed them in earlier wars, veterans' organizations are questioning whether the federal government is able--or is willing--to cope with the demand for health-care benefits, rehabilitation services and ongoing treatment. And if Washington can't do it, then who should?"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10842565/site/newsweek/

With record numbers of soldiers surviving injuries that would have killed them in earlier wars,

Thanks to the best medical care in the world........

If we shifted some money out of medicaid that is funding the local methadone clinic, it would at least pay for this vet's sacrifices......

But we just can't do that, Steve. We might accidentally shift too much money out of Medicaid. Then who would pay for abortions for 12 year old minority chilluns?

Another good place to take the money from is the sex offender's treament plan.......instead of giving them 60 days ands a complete treatment plan,,,,we could give them one day (to write out thier will) and a bullet between the eyes.....

One year of intensive supervision and treatment can range in cost $15,000 per offender, depending on treatment ..add in...average cost for incarcerating an offender is significantly higher, approximately $22,000 per year

$37,000 per year.....X ...1995 estimates indicate that 260,300 rapes.... $9,631,100,000

yep that would be a good start......

I do enjoy seeing posts such as these that show how far out of the mainstream you guys are. Keep up the good work. :D

Karl said:
Dis.- Only dead fish swim with the current :D :D :D

Hey, Karl, the current is changing. I'll translate that for you: recent polls show most Americans aren't happy with the way Bush is handling the Iraqi war. Most Americans aren't happy with the direction this country is headed. We're working on a majority that actually says we should get out of there ASAP! And the Republicans up for reelection in November are starting to sweat.

Disagreeable said:
Karl said:

Hey, Karl, the current is changing. I'll translate that for you: recent polls show most Americans aren't happy with the way Bush is handling the Iraqi war. Most Americans aren't happy with the direction this country is headed. We're working on a majority that actually says we should get out of there ASAP! And the Republicans up for reelection in November are starting to sweat.

So, are you predicting the GOP will lose its majority this year? If so, I'm holding you to it. In my opinion, it could go either way, especially since your beloved polls show that while trust in the GOP has eroded, the Dems haven't gained much from it.

Disagreeable said:
Karl said:

The current around here sure isnt changing and probably wont for a long time. Could the war be handled better, maybe it could, but it sure couldnt be handled any better by a Lib. Besides polls usually are just a buch of B.S. anyway so I dont pay too much attention to them.

mp.freelance said:
Disagreeable said:
Karl said:

So, are you predicting the GOP will lose its majority this year? If so, I'm holding you to it. In my opinion, it could go either way, especially since your beloved polls show that while trust in the GOP has eroded, the Dems haven't gained much from it.

Nope. We might possibly get the Senate, but the House is probably out of reach this year. And that's ok; we're likely to have more representation in the House next year. At the very least, the moderate (and sensible) Republicans are starting to step up and demand some accounting for the Abramoff scandal. And it's only two more years for another election. :D

Latest posts