• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Why I love Small Towns...added a picture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
This is our county fair week...and last nite was the kickoff parade. It was pretty good with lots of entries...It's so fun to see your neighbor or banker or even the grocery store clerk get out and be in a parade. It's great to be in SmallTown USA!

DSC00003-2.jpg

Our Cherry County Rodeo Queen....

DSC00001.jpg

The Jr. HIgh Band...

DSC00015.jpg

The local Patriot Riders

DSC00017-3.jpg

Now these gals can Tailgate Party! They even tossed Hotdogs to us!

DSC00018.jpg

Notice it probably took a womans touch to get that ole JohnDeere Started..lol

DSC00022-1.jpg

Redneck Tailgators...lol

DSC00028-2.jpg

One of several pony carts and wagons

DSC00032.jpg

Our local 4-H Club!!!!

DSC00039-1.jpg

Graffiti Horses...lol

DSC00041-1.jpg

And Last but not Least...our Volunteer Firedepartment! Great bunch of Guys.!

Hope you all can get out and enjoy and support your county fairs! They're fun!!!!

I agree,small towns and thier parades are the best. Our parades ALWAYS start with an R.C.M.P officer,either on foot,or on a black horse.

Great pics Jassy,thx :)

azcowpuncher said:
Wow that rodeo queen is definatly cherry ha ha , got a nice tom thumb bit in that horses mouth too .

Bet you a beer I know who made it. I've got a couple that look real similar. He's made lots of them and horse seem to love them.

Yes,that's what is all about Jassy,small town America,thanks for sharing the pictures of a nice bunch of folks...............good luck

You should tell the girl riding the horse with the tie-down hanging that she needs a breast collar with a loop to run it through. I have seen some nasty wrecks when a horse puts a foot over it. It might save her some serious hurts.

ranch hand said:
You should tell the girl riding the horse with the tie-down hanging that she needs a breast collar with a loop to run it through. I have seen some nasty wrecks when a horse puts a foot over it. It might save her some serious hurts.

Careful there ranch hand, you might be talking about someones sister or daughter and they dang sure know how to do things and what is right and wrong, on these threads! :x

Sorry, just some indignation spilling over from a different thread! :wink:

I am not blonde, but you lost me. So are you saying don't warn her if she is related to some on here? :???:

We just got thru with our Fair and Rodeo with the fat beef/hog/sheep sale today...I wanted to buy a hog- but Grandma says the freezers are full to the top....

They have the Demo Derby tonite- but I skipped that as I'm already half deaf from being around noisy farm equipment and some shooting incidents- I don't need to lose the rest listening to a bunch of roaring cars :roll: .....

Marvin Brookman Rodeo was the stock contractor for the rodeo-- good stock-- even some of the top 15 were doing all they could to get by the broncs on Monday's performance- and a few toughs hit the ground... And his bulls went unridden again....These are some second or third string Berger bulls that they lease-- and they were unridden also in Glendive last week and they only got 2 covered at the Wolf Point Stampede.....

ranch hand said:
I am not blonde, but you lost me. So are you saying don't warn her if she is related to some on here? :???:

Naw, I was just popping off from disgust, that I picked up from another thread. Sorry to confuse you.

I meant that some on here might jump on you and tell you how wrong you were in your opinion of the statement you made about the tiedown.

Clear as mud? :lol: :lol:

Great pictures Jassy....... And I must say that the gray building next to the Candlelighter is where I work........ And the Candlelighter's food is excellant I eat there on fridays and Mary's soup is the best and the roast beef is so good you don't need to put anything on it.......

The rodeo queen is a real sweetie and we were rooting for her!!!!!! Congrats Heather!!!

Some of my fondest memories are of our rodeo parade-it was almost always on the last day of school. You'd hear the midway starting up at the rodeo grounds then take off from the school-watch the parade-then run amuck for 5 days lol. I'll never forget when my buddy took a $20 instead of a $1 out of his Mom's purse-$20 could buy alot of fun for 8 year olds back in 1970 lol. His son is Ty's hunting buddy but they aren't allowed to hear any stories bout their Dads. Oldtimer I got to go to the WolfPoint Rodeo once and it is a good show for sure.

katrina said:
Great pictures Jassy....... And I must say that the gray building next to the Candlelighter is where I work........ And the Candlelighter's food is excellant I eat there on fridays and Mary's soup is the best and the roast beef is so good you don't need to put anything on it.......

The rodeo queen is a real sweetie and we were rooting for her!!!!!! Congrats Heather!!!

welllllll .......... wonder what kind of trouble I could stir up on of these Friday noons??????

would you answer the phone if I called up there and asked for the biggest Kansas State Fan in Valentine???? :lol: :lol:

jigs said:
katrina said:

welllllll .......... wonder what kind of trouble I could stir up on of these Friday noons??????

would you answer the phone if I called up there and asked for the biggest Kansas State Fan in Valentine???? :lol: :lol:

Or if we all called up asking for the little "monkey looking gal"? :wink: :lol:

One of the disappointments of the Fair this year was no parade...The State District Highway supervisor has been raising cain for years about us blocking off a couple of the streets that are state highways (for 10 minutes :roll: )-- said we couldn't do it without all kinds of State permission- and approved detours...When I was Sheriff I told him where to stick it-and did it anyway- but now instead they canceled the parades.... :( :mad:

Go ahead........ I double dog dare ya!!!!!! :D :D :D We have fun on fridays... I'm the only girl that works on fridays except for the hygenist... So I answer the phone and do the insteriments and do chairside too..... We tell jokes and it's just a laided back day at the dentist.... Lots of people want to come on fridays, matter of fact we're booked for months ahead.....

Latest posts