• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Why is Valentine so cold ??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

efb

Reaction score
I notice Valentine is 12 degrees this morning. Seems like Valentine is colder in relation to some cold places than I would expect.
Example .. coldest temps ever recorded in Dec. are; -39 Valentine in 1989, -37 Grand Forks ND in 1933, -36 in Minot, ND in 1983 and -40 in Sidney, MT in 1983. Valentine, you're hanging tough with some pretty cold hombres. I do see however that Sidney MT was -47 in Jan., 1912.

That's not bad, I had 6 this morning lucky no one decided to calve last night. we are half done hopefully last half goes as good as first half. We are enjoying the nice moisture here will make the grass grow.

Grand Dad was in Roundup, MT in 1912 and saw -57.

In 1997 I was in Evanston, WYO, and with the windchill factored in it was colder than -95. 48 hours later I was in Calexico, CA, and it was 100.

Oh being the coldest or the hottest is our little way of getting attention..lol :wink: We had 10 this morning, tad bit chilly...even the dogs didn't want to go outside!

loomixguy said:
Grand Dad was in Roundup, MT in 1912 and saw -57.

In 1997 I was in Evanston, WYO, and with the windchill factored in it was colder than -95. 48 hours later I was in Calexico, CA, and it was 100.

We live bout 40 miles from Roundup...that's where I go to school lol. :roll:

Latest posts