• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Why The Katrina Coverage Made Me Switch To Fox News!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
Why The Katrina Coverage Made Me Switch To Fox News!
by Lee Ellis
Sep 3, 2005

Watching both Fox and NBC after President Bush had been inspecting the Gulf Coast and New Orleans, I was shocked at how the nets, and even some newspapers, were trying to blame the Bush Administration for the slowness in which help was reaching the damaged cities.
Obviously, Brian Williams and his news team do not know the law, nor do they know the past history of New Orleans--a city built in a bathtub of a swamp. This is a city where the dead, for centuries, have had to be buried in above-ground structures because the water is so close to the surface of this sinking city. If coffins are put in the ground, they will rise to the surface as the underground water pushes them up. I have been to these cemeteries personally to witness this.

For decades, New Orleans has been told that the city is sinking, and that the old levees have to be rebuilt and modernized in order to keep the city from being flooded. Local officials never finished the work, nor have pleas to Congress for additional federal help been heeded. Congress has simply never seen fit to fully complete this effort, whether controlled by Democrats or Republicans.

"Why did it take five days for Bush to help?" is the mantra constantly voiced by all the "Talking Heads" on TV. Here are the reasons:

(1) It is against the law for any President to order troops into a city or across state lines without a request and permission from the Governor of that state.

John Armor, a First Amendment lawyer and one of my favorite writers, told me, "Federal law prevents the President from sending in the National Guard until the Governor gives the order. It is little known, but the Commanding General of the National Guard in every state reports to the Governor, not the President, until the Governor says otherwise. U.S. military units (regular Army, not the Guard) cannot be used because of the Posse Comitatus law, until the Guard has been authorized."

According to some news sources, the Governor of Louisiana, who knew the levees were weak, who knew that the city had been slowly sinking, and who knew that a major # 5 hurricane was approaching her city, did not call Washington for help.

(2) The Mayor of New Orleans did call for evacuation over a loud-speaker, but did nothing to be sure that the police went door-to-door, followed by transportation, to pick up all those who did not have cars or any ability to leave.

There was no other leadership practiced by the mayor there, as had been in New York City during 9/11 by Mayor Giuliani.

(3) The hurricane veered east and saved New Orleans, Brian Williams announced a week ago, and all breathed a sigh of relief...until the levees broke a day or two later allowing the surrounding waters to pour into the city.

(4) It was this predicted levee failure which had been ignored for so long that doomed the local people to be held hostage in their attics or on rooftops, not the storm. It was also the failure of the local bureaucrats and local elected leaders to maintain law and order, and to have pre-arranged for complete evacuations of the city.

It was only after a request went out to the President that troops could be sent in. Can you imagine the anti-Bush media screaming that Bush had invaded Louisiana as he had done in Iraq if he had gone in before being asked? I can just imagine The New York Times headlining, "A Repeat of Shock and Awe by Bush!"

Bill O'Reilly, on Fox News, was the only commentator I heard who explained this. All the other network commentators seemed too willing to allow the implication inferred by the viewers, that this was all the fault of the Bush Administration.

I guess the Far Left also works in mysterious ways!

Now you know why my channel is glued to Fox News, and why I no longer listen to NBC or its aide-de-camp, MSNBC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some allowed back as all warned away
Even as thousands from a nearby parish are allowed a brief return, a New Orleans police official declares the city "destroyed."
MARCUS FRANKLIN, REBECCA CATALANELLO, CARRIE JOHNSON
Published September 6, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW ORLEANS - While authorities withheld bottled water, trying to force New Orleans stragglers to leave the beleaguered city, residents of suburban Jefferson Parish got a two-day reprieve to return home, retrieve sodden possessions and rescue their pets.

Aerial reconnaissance indicated that about 10,000 people remained in the city. Some are trapped in houses by Hurricane Katrina's floodwaters. Others simply refuse to leave despite an increasing military presence.

"We advise people that this city has been destroyed," said Warren Riley, deputy police chief. "There is absolutely no reason for them to stay. No jobs, no food ..."

In the western suburb of Jefferson Parish, however, thousands of residents lined up for miles to return to their homes and sift through the debris.

The abbreviated pilgrimage began before dawn, with cars lined at entry checkpoints. Residents with valid I.D. were allowed to check their property and retrieve everything from dogs to documents to computers and family photos.

They only get two days.

On Wednesday authorities will close Jefferson Parish back up and force residents to rejoin the exodus of Hurricane Katrina evacuees that is spreading across the nation.

Although the city's biggest levee breach, at the 17th Street Canal, was finally repaired Monday, whole neighborhoods remained flooded up to rooftops.

Some Jefferson Parish residents, population 452,000, rode boats to their homes, or waded though fetid, chest-deep water. Others were able to drive or walk in.

June Clesi, 63, broke down when she thought about how little she could cart away from her house in suburban Metairie. A foot of water had soured most of her furniture and carpeting. Leading her list were the framed antique photos of her grandparents who emigrated from Italy.

"I can't replace those two," she said, staring at the wall, her hands covered with pink gloves, her eyes welling when she heard herself talk.

The two-day return to Jefferson was approved by Parish President Aaron Broussard. He said he wanted residents to see the devastation firsthand so they could decide whether to get on with their lives somewhere else.

"I am the only elected official who is in favor of doing this," he said, "but people need to understand they're not coming back to Wally Cleaver's neighborhood."

Meanwhile, President Bush toured the Gulf Coast for the second time in three days, promising a "huge effort" to bail out Katrina's victims. Skipping New Orleans, he started his day in Baton Rouge, which has doubled in population since the storm.

At the Bethany World Prayer Center, a huge shelter, Bush and Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco maintained a cool distance as they worked the hall, praising rescue workers and reassuring evacuees.

Blanco, a Democrat, has criticized the pace of federal relief since Katrina inundated New Orleans a week ago. She has refused to sign over National Guard control to the federal government and has appointed a former Clinton administration official to help run relief efforts.

"All levels of the government are doing the best they can," Bush said. "So long as any life is in danger, we've got work to do."

Several people ran up to meet Bush as he and first lady Laura Bush wandered around the room. Just as many hung back.

"I'm not star-struck. I need answers," said Mildred Brown, who has been there a week.

Later Monday, Bush met with Mississippi's Republican Gov. Haley Barbour in Poplarville, about 45 miles inland from where Katrina hit the coast. Bush acknowledged that his optimism about recovery might be hard for others to share: "It's easy for me to say that I can see a better tomorrow because I haven't been living through what you are living." he said. "But I do."

In the short run, Mississippi still needs drinking water, said Joe Spraggins, Harrison County's emergency chief. Private truckers have been reluctant to bring in water, he said, because they fear they won't have enough diesel fuel to get home.

On the positive side, long convoys of military trucks poured into the Gulfport-Biloxi area Monday. By today, more than 45,000 National Guard, Army and Air Force personnel should be providing security throughout stricken areas in three states, authorities said. That includes reserves and troops on active duty.

New Orleans needs reinforcements. About 400 to 500 police officers - more than one quarter of the force - have resigned or are unaccounted for. Police Chief Eddie Compass called them cowards, while praising officers who remain.

"The human sacrifice in this department is unprecedented in the annals of this country," Compass said. "There's a saying, that which does not kill you makes you stronger. This has made us stronger."

Mayor Ray Nagin said the city will start rotating out beleaguered emergency workers. Police officers, firefighters and their families will get five or more days in cities with large numbers of hotel rooms - Atlanta and Las Vegas in particular. In addition to rest and relaxation, Nagin said, they will have time to assess their personal situation.

Speaking on NBC's Today show, Nagin appeared more upbeat than in previous days.

Sheets of metal and repeated helicopter drops of 3,000-pound sandbags along the 17th Street canal leading to Lake Pontchartrain succeeded Monday in plugging a 200-foot-wide gap, and water was being pumped from the canal back into the lake. Looting has all but ended as thousands of guardsmen and soldiers took up positions throughout the city, authorities said. In some areas, electricity was being restored and commerce was edging back to life.

"We're making great progress now, the momentum has picked up. I'm starting to see some critical tasks being completed," Nagin said.

Though the official New Orleans death count stands at 71, Nagin speculated that up to 10,000 bodies may be found by the time the city dries out. He gave no basis for that estimate.

Over the weekend, Nagin criticized the people of Jefferson Parish for closing the door to exhausted evacuees who trudged over the Crescent City Connection to escape the ruined city and reach high ground.

In Metairie, a city in the Jefferson Parish, Carl Giffin, Sr., 69, looked on as his son, brother and grandson pulled up sopping beige carpeting in their living room. Mold crept up the walls of the Ridgeway Drive home he had owned for 41 years. Before daylight ended, four cars would carry away loads of possessions, heirloom silver, china and crystal. But if there was one thing that needed to be saved, he said, it was the mahogany chest his father-in-law hand-crafted as a wedding gift.

"We're just going to have to start over again," Giffin said. "But we're at an age where it's hard to do that."

Jamie Dallimore was under strict orders from her 2-year-old to retrieve Elmo and a Doodle Pro drawing toy. But water filled the kids' toy room; Elmo's feet were soaked, and water trickled out of the drawing game.

"It's going to be harder for them, I think," Dallimore said of her daughter and 2-month-old son. She picked up her father's laminated obituary - the one with a smiling picture that she says hello to every morning.

And on a shelf in the kids' rooms she discovered a substitute for Elmo. It was a purple elephant and it would have to do.

--Times reporter Alex Leary, the New York Times, the Associated Press, the Times-Picayune and Knight-Ridder newspapers contributed to this report.

© Copyright 2003 St. Petersburg Times. All rights reserved

WELCOME HOME!
To view messages or change your options go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/187thahc/

THOSE THAT CAN DO>>>>>>>>DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those that CAN"T BLAME.....they are called LIBERAL DEMOCRATS!!!! :lol:

way-to-go....katrina,faster horses and cattle co.
By the way:sometimes you sound almost human cc! :D :D :D

Except it's an out and out lie. The LA State webstie has a copy of the request for a Federal declaration and the White House site has a copy of Bush's declaration. What world do you people live in? You justify the death of thousands of people in Iraq and now the death of US citizens because of politics? I can't begin to tell you how disgusting this is.

Another example of liberal media bias and back-pedaling:

The New York Times contradicts itself in Katrina's wake
September 6th, 2005

Once a Pariah, Army Corps of Engineers Now the Tonic For All Our Ills

In the wake of catastrophic damage to New Orleans caused by Hurricane Katrina, the New York Times appears to not only be engaging in some of the most preposterous Monday morning-quarterbacking in its history, but is also flatly contradicting positions that it had previously taken concerning the Army Corps of Engineers.

A lead story and an editorial on September 1, as well as subsequent op-eds by Paul Krugman and Maureen Dowd the next two days, all sung the praises of the Army Corps of Engineers. Below is just a flavor of the Times' newly found affection for America's Earthmovers for Hire:
"The 17th Street levee that gave way and led to the flooding of New Orleans was part of an intricate, aging system of barriers and pumps that was so chronically under financed that senior regional officials of the Army Corps of Engineers complained about it publicly for years."

From these articles, one gets the impression that if the Bush Administration had given the Army Corps of Engineers a blank check, New Orleans would be fine today.

However, the Times hasn't always been so enamored with the corps as it appears to be now. As reported by George Adair of EU Rota on September 2, the Times had this to say just five months ago in an editorial entitled "The Untouchable Corps":
"Anyone who cares about responsible budgeting and the health of America's rivers and wetlands should pay attention to a bill now before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. The bill would shovel $17 billion at the Army Corps of Engineers for flood control and other water-related projects - this at a time when President Bush is asking for major cuts in Medicaid and other important domestic programs. Among these projects is a $2.7 billion boondoggle on the Mississippi River that has twice flunked inspection by the National Academy of Sciences."

"This is a bad piece of legislation."

The legislation in question is Senate S. 728, The Water Resources Development Act of 2005 sponsored by Christopher Bond (R-MO). A thorough reading of this proposed bill - which coincidentally has had no new action related to it since April 26 - indicates that considerable focus was given to projects in Louisiana including one for hurricane and storm damage reduction with an estimated Federal cost of $512 million. This should not be a surprise as Mary Landrieu (D-LA) is one of its sponsors.
Doesn't this raise a question as to why the Times was against this bill when it was introduced five months ago, but is now castigating the president for, in essence, doing exactly what the Times advocated?

Yet, this isn't the first instance of corps bashing by the Times. Garden State Enviro Net archives this editorial from June 23, 2003 entitled "Time to Re-engineer the Corps":
"The House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure has a rare opportunity tomorrow to strike a blow for both fiscal sanity and the environment. Before the committee is a bill that would bring a measure of discipline and independent oversight to the Army Corps of Engineers, an incorrigibly spendthrift agency whose projects over the years have caused enormous damage to the nation's streams, rivers and wetlands."

In addition, Forest Conservation Portal captured this Times editorial from August 19, 2002 entitled "Taming the Untouchable Corps":
"There are not many issues that the liberal Tom Daschle of South Dakota and the conservative Robert Smith of New Hampshire agree on. But when Congress reconvenes, these two senators, along with the campaign finance mavericks John McCain and Russell Feingold, are determined to challenge the self-interest of many of their colleagues by instituting a top-to-bottom overhaul of the Army Corps of Engineers."

"In April, the General Accounting Office found that the corps had vastly overestimated the economic payoff of a $300 million dredging project in the Delaware River — the latest in a series of projects where the corps seems to have cooked the books to justify huge budget outlays."
In this editorial, the Times was referring to a bill that didn't come to fruition until March 2004 when it was introduced by Russ Feingold (D-WI), John McCain (R-AZ), and Tom Daschle (D-SD). Coincidentally, no action has been taken on this bill since its introduction either.
Adding it all up:
• In 2002, the Times claimed the corps is desperately in need of reform due to its corrupt, malfeasant, seemingly Enron-like ways
• In 2003, the Times saw the corps as incorrigibly spendthrift and causing damage to the environment
• In 2004, the Times' favorite Republican, John McCain, co-sponsored a bill that addressed many of the Times' concerns regarding the corps
• In 2005, the Times asked New York's senators to vote against a bill that would give $17 billion to the corps that included elaborate work in Louisiana

Yet, less than five months later, prior to any of the proposed changes for this agency having been formally legislated or effected, and with our nation in the middle of a crisis, the Times has changed horses midstream, and is eviscerating the president for not giving the corps every penny it has asked for since his inauguration.

It therefore seems uncannily fitting that the denouement in this Jim Jeffords moment is named "Redemption in the Bayou" , wherein the same editorial staff that asked New York's senators to oppose S. 728 almost five months ago appears to have lost its conviction a week after Katrina made landfall:
"The conditions are thus ripe for a major effort to restore the Louisiana coast. The program before Congress was hatched by the state's politicians and in its universities and drafted by the Army Corps of Engineers."

If only the Times had the backbone it's continually telling the nation our president lacks.

Noel Sheppard is an economist, business owner, and contributing writer for the Free Market Project. He is also member of the Media Research Center's NewsBusters squad.

I don't see a single link to anything to back up your claim, LB. But that's nothing new.

As for FOX news, they need all the viewers they can get. Their ratings have been dropping since the election. As support for the Iraqi war goes down, down, so does their viewership. O'Riley's ratings are about as low as Rush's. It'll be interesting to see if FOX joins the mainstream in order to save themselves.

Here's more media bias for you dis. Care to post a link about those Fox ratings? I haven't seen anything about it and, although I'm sure you'll be insulted when I say this, I don't trust a thing you say until I see it validated by a reliable source.

Crucifying George W.
September 6th, 2005

It is a painful thing to see a good and decent man slandered and abused. George W. Bush has been crucified in the media for five years, day after day. This week, after the unprecedented humanitarian catastrophe of New Orleans, the media mob is screaming louder than ever. It is a gruesome thing to watch, made worse because we can see the impact on him as a person.

Unlike Ronald Reagan, who could turn away a hostile question with a light-hearted joke, Bush is a man who genuinely wants to be liked and yes, even trusted by his opponents. He has done everything in his power to change the tone of national politics, and at every turn he has been greeted with vicious personal slander. It obviously hurts. Not a glib speaker, it must be agonizing for him to face a baying mob of media types who hate him and everything he stands for. Anything he says will be turned against him. He can only take the slings and arrows, without responding in kind, and quietly go back to work.

Mark Steyn just wrote about "an aerial shot of 255 school buses neatly parked at one (New Orleans) city lot, their fuel tanks leaking gasoline into the urban lake. An enterprising blogger, Bryan Preston, worked out that each bus had 66 seats, which meant that the vehicles at just that one lot could have ferried out 16,830 people. ... New Orleans had more than enough municipal transport on hand to have got almost everyone out in a couple of runs last Sunday.

Why didn't they? Well, the mayor didn't give the order. OK, but how about school board officials, or the fellows with the public schools transportation department, or the guy who runs that motor pool, or the individual bus drivers? If it ever occurred to any of them that these were potentially useful evacuation assets, they kept it to themselves. ... So the first school bus to escape New Orleans and make it to safety in Texas was one that had been abandoned on a city street."

Will the Mayor of New Orleans be blamed? Maybe. How about the Governor, the School Board, the Transportation Department, the bus drivers? None will be a big enough target. The media around the world will aim their biggest guns at George W. The first attempts to Blame Bush didn't get far, but reporters by the thousands are now working overtime to ferret out a Smoking Gun.

Somewhere, somehow, they will find a document, a photograph, a joke, or just about any willing demagogue to shout out that George Did It. He Didn't Care.

You know the rest.

President Bush is not the only conservative to be treated this way. The list is long. Only yesterday, the day Chief Justice Rehnquist died, he was called a "Republican thug" by a famous Harvard Law School professor. But George W. Bush is America's Victim in Chief.

Clarence Thomas called his accusers a "high-tech lynch mob" when they tried to block his Supreme Court nomination using the same tactics. "High-tech lynch mob" is not far from the truth. Like the redneck mobs of the Jim Crow South, the Left finds itself at a historical dead end. It is striking out at any target, blindly, using any accusation, no matter how vile and absurd.

Bush is today's hate object, and if only Bush can be brought down the Left imagines it might return to the glory days. But President Bush is only the most visible symptom of the Democrats' historic decline. They lost the battle of ideas long ago, and have kept going only by enforcing an ideological monopoly on the media and the bureaucracies. Now the American people themselves have quietly turned against them, in election after election since 1994.

Establishments die hard. The last resort of the Left is unelected office --- the judges, the civil service and the tenured faculties. While the Big Media are still the Democrats' most powerful political tool, even they are slowly crumbling. Their news product is unwanted, and more accurate news is now only a click away.

Today we are seeing a historic course change in American politics. It has happened before, with the American Revolution, Jacksonian Democracy, the Civil War, the New Deal. Presidents are often made the scapegoats of these great turns of history. The next time George Bush looks in the mirror he might remind himself that Abraham Lincoln was called a "hairy ape," Thomas Jefferson was accused of despotism, and our chattering classes unanimously considered Ronald Reagan to be a trigger-happy nuclear warmonger. It only hurts for a decade or two.

"From time to time," wrote Thomas Jefferson, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." Well, from where I stand, you can chalk up George W. Bush on the side of the patriots.

James Lewis

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the excellent post, LB!
I probably wouldn't have gotten to read that anyplace else but here.

I intend to keep bringing this back up to the top, so others won't be as apt to miss it.

Disagreeable: I don't see a single link to anything to back up your claim, LB. But that's nothing new.

As for FOX news, they need all the viewers they can get. Their ratings have been dropping since the election. As support for the Iraqi war goes down, down, so does their viewership. O'Riley's ratings are about as low as Rush's. It'll be interesting to see if FOX joins the mainstream in order to save themselves.

Hey dis, I think you ought to read this. It will probably come as no surprise to you that you were dead wrong again....

Rick Kaplan, head of the ratings-challenged cable news network MSNBC, is likely to be axed by the end of the year, according to a report in the New York Post.

Sources told the Post that Kaplan feels he should have been considered to replace NBC News chief Neal Shapiro, who recently announced he was resigning, even though MSNBC ranks a distant third behind Fox News and CNN.

Instead, the network gave the job to NBC executive Steve Capus on an interim basis, and Kaplan now reports to Capus.

NBC – currently fourth in the ratings among broadcast networks – is reportedly considering a move to combine its network news division with its cable news outlets, CNBC and MSNBC.

Earlier this year CNBC boss Pamela Thomas-Graham was removed from her post amid plummeting ratings.

An NBC News spokesperson denied that Kaplan's job is in jeopardy, saying "there's absolutely no truth to it."

MSNBC averaged 220,000 viewers in daytime in August, according to the Post, compared to 998,000 for Fox News and 432,000 for CNN.

Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2005

Here's more media bias for you dis. Care to post a link about those Fox ratings? I haven't seen anything about it and, although I'm sure you'll be insulted when I say this, I don't trust a thing you say until I see it validated by a reliable source.

Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself, LB? :D :D

Link below; my emphasis.

""April '05 marks "the sixth consecutive month where FNC declined versus prior month in M-F, primetime P25-54 (every month since Nov '04)," CNN's press release says. The 25-54 demo is coveted by advertisers. One insider called it a "downward spiral." FNC still has more demo viewers than CNN, though (443k vs. 304k in April). Here are FNC's month-by-month weekday primetime averages in the 25-54 demographic:

Oct. 04: 1,074,000 / Nov. 04: 891,000 / Dec. 04: 568,000 / Jan. 05: 564,000 / Feb. 05: 520,000 / March 05: 498,000 / April 05: 445,000

> Also: In April 2005, FNC's weekday primetime demo average decreased 25% compared to the year-ago, while CNN increased 27%."

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/fncs_2554_prime_downward_spiral_20939.asp

Liberty Belle: MSNBC averaged 220,000 viewers in daytime in August, according to the Post, compared to 998,000 for Fox News and 432,000 for CNN.

Recent link: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/13/115044.shtml

disagreeable's old news: Oct. 04: 1,074,000 / Nov. 04: 891,000 / Dec. 04: 568,000 / Jan. 05: 564,000 / Feb. 05: 520,000 / March 05: 498,000 / April 05: 445,000

he/she/it's link: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/fncs_2554_prime_downward_spiral_20939.asp

Looks to me like CNN has dropped even farther in the ratings since your story. Do YOU enjoy making a fool of yourself by posting old, out-of-date links? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for validating my lack of trust in you. :p

Liberty Belle said:
Liberty Belle: MSNBC averaged 220,000 viewers in daytime in August, according to the Post, compared to 998,000 for Fox News and 432,000 for CNN.

Recent link: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/13/115044.shtml

disagreeable's old news: Oct. 04: 1,074,000 / Nov. 04: 891,000 / Dec. 04: 568,000 / Jan. 05: 564,000 / Feb. 05: 520,000 / March 05: 498,000 / April 05: 445,000

he/she/it's link: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/fncs_2554_prime_downward_spiral_20939.asp

Looks to me like CNN has dropped even farther in the ratings since your story. Do YOU enjoy making a fool of yourself by posting old, out-of-date links? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for validating my lack of trust in you. :p

NewsMax. NewsMax! Hey, if NewsMax said it, it must be true. ROTFLMAO!

Tell us the truth, LB. Do you use Athena Pheromones to get more romantic attention? It's a Scientifically proven formulas and it's available right there at NewsMax.

Or have you invested in Iraq's currency? Now only fractions of a cent. Right there at NewsMax.

And let's not forget Hair Loss!! You can find a treatment for that, too, at NewsMax. :lol: :lol:

Well dis as ussual when you can't dispute the facts you rant about some other irrellevant topic....

But looking at the facts and from your same link ( had you not delibertly used Dated data) you would have seen the real truth is that you were wrong again....

Tuesday, Sep 20
The Scoreboard: Monday, Sept. 19
Total viewers:

Total day: FNC: 1,186,000 / CNN: 597,000 / HLN: 235,000 / MSNBC: 322,000 / CNBC: 141,000

Primetime: FNC: 2,317,000 / CNN: 1,052,000 / HLN: 532,000 / MSNBC: 529,000 / CNBC: 118,000
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

So why if the Data and facts were available at the same site, and withing one click, did you delibertly get dated data, and not present the current data???was it just an oversight? or did you really wish to mislead US so as to present you biased view??????????

This is my first time seeing this site after a friend emailed it to me in regards to the Katrina "blame game" put out by the Postman's Corner. I have to say that thought I am not a political person I believe that as a whole our government should "suggest" to those in local governments what the possible solutions may be. If the government was so interested in what was going to happen to the people of LA then, maybe just maybe someone should have taken the subject under advisment with local government.... OR better yet the local govenments should have listened to the experts who told them that the city would be obliterated by this very cinario.
I understand that the American government is not perfect, no organization is that involves human beings, however if you look at what most of these people who live in these areas are use to and how they live it is appauling to many of us. They have no education this is true but once again the people do pay taxes, and do deserve some for of assistance from FEMA this is our rights as US citizens and despite thier economic standings they deserve to be cared for and respected as human beings.
The majority of the people who were not evacuated were low income families and elderly. So if we are not willing to care for the weakest of our human race than what kind of people are we ?
I do believe there were and are issues of blame to be laid out but now is not the time. Yes I agree that you do have to do for yourself, and this is foreign thinking to society in general these days. However I strongly believe that the country as a whole only sees New Orleans in this matter they don't see the historic areas out side of it in MS and such where people have been trying to rebuild.
I think on a whole that this should be a learning tool for the US to take note as to it's own internal problems and leave some room in the budgets for upgrades in our infastructure here are home.

The following segment was sent to me from a biker friend (they are not all nasty fellas) and was taken from "Biker News", a site directed toward providing bikers information about their lifestyle. The rant (I'm assuming) is from the site's editor. I cleaned it up just a tad:

Been sitting here with my a$$ in a wad, wanting to speak out about the bull$%&t going on in New Orleans. For the people of New Orleans... First we would like to say, Sorry for your loss. With that said, Let's go through a few hurricane rules: (Unlike an earthquake, we know it's coming)

#1. A mandatory evacuation means just that... Get the hell out. Don't blame the Government after they tell you to go. If they hadn't said anything, I can see the argument. They said get out... if you didn't, it's your fault, not theirs. (We don't want to hear it, even if you don't have a car, you can get out.)

#2. If there is an emergency, stock up on water and non-perishables. If you didn't do this, it's not the government's fault you're starving.

#2a. If you run out of food and water, find a store that has some.
(Remember, shoes, TV's, DVD's and CD's are not edible. Leave them alone.)

#2b. If the local store is too looted of food or water, leave your neighbor's TV and stereo alone. (See # 2a) They worked hard to get their stuff. Just because they were smart enough to leave during a mandatory evacuation, doesn't give you the right to take their stuff... it's theirs, not yours.

#3. If someone comes in to help you, don't shoot at them and then complain no one is helping you. I'm not getting shot to help save some dumb a$$ who didn't leave when told to do so.

#4. If you are in your house that is completely under water, your belongings are probably too far gone for anyone to want them. If someone does want them, Let them have them and hopefully they'll die in the filth. Just leave! (For crying out loud, it's New Orleans, find a voodoo warrior and put a curse on them)

#5. My tax money should not pay to rebuild a 2 million dollar house, a sports stadium or a floating casino. Also, my tax money shouldn't go to rebuild a city that is under sea level. You wouldn't build your house on quicksand would you? You want to live below sea-level, do your country some good and join the Navy.

#6. Regardless what the Poverty Pimps Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton want you to believe, The US Government didn't create the Hurricane as a way to eradicate the black people of New Orleans; (Neither did Russia as a way to destroy America). The US Government didn't cause global warming that caused the hurricane (We've been coming out of an ice age for over a million years).

#7. The government isn't responsible for giving you anything. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave, but you gotta work for what you want. McDonalds and Wal-Mart are always hiring, get a damn job and stop spooning off the people who are actually working for a living.

President Kennedy said it best... "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." ! ......Thank you for allowing me to rant.

Latest posts