• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

why the rush to buy guns

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4227

"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

Copyright 2008, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy

Gun sales have skyrocketed since Chairman Maobama's election. Gun stores have been setting day-volume records, only to have that record broken the next day. The reasons are obvious; People have no reason to believe Maobama when he says that the supports the Second Amendment. The man has shown himself to be prone to lying when it suits his purpose, and his documented voting record shows him to be radical anti-gun.

Wonderful change we're getting, isn't it?

Good Luck finding ammo. I was asked to get some .22 and both stores were out. Went back to work and said they would send someone to Dumas. She came back saying shelves getting bare.

Pure idiocy and over-reaction.

Ms Sage...get something bigger than a .22....that'll only pizz'em off and you'll get a real arse whuppin! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kolanuraven said:

Ms Sage...get something bigger than a .22....that'll only pizz'em off and you'll get a real arse whuppin! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The idiocy is making that comment while being ignorant of Chairman Maobama's voting record. You should try making an educated comment.

kolanuraven said:

22's have their purpose. If you need 22 rat shot, or 22 LR, you are going to have a hard time getting it in some areas. If you need to shoot rats, no need in using a 44 mag, that is about 65 cents a shell. Save those big caliber rounds - you may need them before this is over.

kolanuraven said:

Yep-- yesterday when I was doing some brands paperwork I kept writing the 6th for a date- and then was reminded it was the 7th...
I said "it can't possibly be- you mean the election has been over for 3 days and the country hasn't fell apart" :???:
Even got a chuckle from a couple old Repubs... :wink:

The only ammo flying off our shelves is going because none of the easterner hunters can estimate how fast those antelope can move... :wink:

Oldtimer said:
kolanuraven said:

Yep-- yesterday when I was doing some brands paperwork I kept writing the 6th for a date- and then was reminded it was the 7th...
I said "it can't possibly be- you mean the election has been over for 3 days and the country hasn't fell apart" :???:
Even got a chuckle from a couple old Repubs... :wink:

The only ammo flying off our shelves is going because none of the easterner hunters can estimate how fast those antelope can move... :wink:

Why don't the two of you actually examine his voting record on gun issues.

Oldtimer said:

Don't worry, OT. Obama isn't president yet so we're still in good hands for the next couple of months. :wink:

republicansaudis.jpg

And if you support the right Princes and Sheikh's they'll probably give you all a free AK-47, RPG-7 Grenade Launcher and all the practice ammo you want :wink: :lol: :lol: :p And for a bonus- slavery still thrives in the land of Saud.... :wink:

VanC said:
Oldtimer said:

Don't worry, OT. Obama isn't president yet so we're still in good hands for the next couple of months. :wink:

Are you kidding???

Bush has only got 2 hands and he's got of them covering his own arse....he never did worry about yours, that's for sure.

Sandhusker said:
I repeat, why don't you study Chairman Maobama's record on gun issues?

With the unholy mess this country is in....all you're worried about is your cheap gun you bought on the side...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Believe me....he's got bigger issues than your ol rusted up 30.06...

kolanuraven said:
Sandhusker said:
I repeat, why don't you study Chairman Maobama's record on gun issues?

With the unholy mess this country is in....all you're worried about is your cheap gun you bought on the side...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Believe me....he's got bigger issues than your ol rusted up 30.06...

FYI, he voted to outlaw all 30-.06 ammunition, among others. But then, not being concerned with facts or the man's actual positions, you wouldn't know that.

kolanuraven wrote:

Ms Sage...get something bigger than a .22....that'll only pizz'em off and you'll get a real arse whuppin!

22's have their purpose. If you need 22 rat shot, or 22 LR, you are going to have a hard time getting it in some areas. If you need to shoot rats, no need in using a 44 mag, that is about 65 cents a shell. Save those big caliber rounds - you may need them before this is over.

If the 22 only pizzez them off.... :shock: .... I will quit. They handle the job just fine I dont need anything bigger.

As for self protection I have a more than enough to take care of that job as well. :wink: :)

kolanuraven said:
VanC said:
Oldtimer said:

Are you kidding???

Bush has only got 2 hands and he's got of them covering his own arse....he never did worry about yours, that's for sure.

do you really think the muslim elect will care about you?? he wont even send a few bucks over to help his brother live better , yet you think he has our best interests at heart??? he is a puppet. the big question is "whos hand is up his ass" he is doing this JUST for the power and the windfall he will get from his specialinterests and mob connections...

he is so crooked, he makes slick willie look like an alter boy.

jigs said:
kolanuraven said:
VanC said:

Are you kidding???

do you really think the muslim elect will care about you?? he wont even send a few bucks over to help his brother live better , yet you think he has our best interests at heart??? he is a puppet. the big question is "whos hand is up his ass" he is doing this JUST for the power and the windfall he will get from his specialinterests and mob connections...

You support all your kin folk??? I mean the good ones and the SOB's......

:roll:

kolanuraven said:
jigs said:
kolanuraven said:
Are you kidding???

You support all your kin folk??? I mean the good ones and the SOB's......

:roll:

I have never heard Jigs give speeches around the world and in front of thousands about how the Rich should give more and help the poor!

Obama has gave many of them said speeches. Charity and spreading the wealth should begin at home! But Democrats have a record of being less charitable than Republicans. Biden has proven it and Obama has proven it. The teach this fairness to get elected, they do not live it and breath it!

But not to worry I am sure Obama will do something in near future to help his brother in Kenya, but not with his money it will be with yours and my Tax dollars! Why you think the Kenya people had parades and were excited about Obama winning, they said he would help them!

Latest posts