• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wild Blue Internet

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We've been using it for 5 or 6 years. Has been pretty good, a whole lot faster than the dial-up we had before. We're too far out for DSL.

We've had for about 6 years. Gone through 2 modems, and various other problems. Like was said before. Its better then dial up, and better then the neighbors Hughes Net, but sure nothing like DSL. But then again, we can't get DSL either.

I agree with Justin. Lately I'm having trouble with it kicking me off intermittently. Anyone else experiencing this?

the thing i hate the worst about it is in the summer when u know a bad storm is close and go to check the radar to see if you are gonna get blasted or not and guess what.......NO INTERNET :mad: it seems when a person needs it the most, it's never there.

Much better then dial up.
Have had trouble too sometimes it is because someone kicked the power box under the desk and unplugged it.

If there is a big storm down in southern Wyoming I lose the connection too.

Have discovered if I am having real trouble with it I will unplug it overnight or when I'm not using the computor and the next day it runs better. I will do that for about 2 days. Takes care of the problem.

We had it and its better than dail up but not much. Now we have a Verizon wireless and its pretty good bad weather or not it works. But you must have a cell signal.

We had it two years, better than dial up but still very irritating. Wind, rain, snow etc bothered it. It was always disconnecting. We too changed to Verizon wireless and are liking it much better.

Wild Blue in IMO is a whole lot better than dial up. Hands down without comparison. You get what you pay for. With dial up forget about downloading or updating anything unless you want to tie up phone line for 6 hrs. The only reason I would consider dial up is for the savings. As far as weather interferance, same as with satellite TV. Kids come home from college, can run several computers at the same time and still talk on the phone. Being able to talk on phone and discuss things that you are looking at on your computer is worth alot to me.

I considered it but my daughter talked me into wireless DSL from Verizion and I am very happy as I can use 5GB per month for $59.00 and have never even come close to 5 GB and us it in mt truck, in the barn, or if I'm visiting family it goes with me and does not tie me to an antenna!

It is compareable to landline dsl in speed and has worked everywhere I have tried so far.

Latest posts