• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will James

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Hi all. I have a question that I thought maybe sw or Hanta Yo might be able to answer for me possibly. Or anyone else for that matter. I have seen pictures of Will James' cabin in the Wyola? area of MT, and wondered if it is open to the public or accessable to get up to? I think it is in the area of the old Grapevine ranch over there on the Rez, and I would like to see it if possible, as it looks to be in a great condition from the pictures I have seen. Any directions or help would be appreciated.

This was the spot that he wrote a lot of his good later books, and maybe even died there. I bet it is sure nice and green over there now, and it sure would be pretty to ventue over that way. Thanks in advance.

We are setting fair here for grass, but the hay is short, and we are behind other areas around us for rain, but not really complaining as earlier I thought we might not have a cow around here by now. One more local branding, and that job will be over for the year. Has been a good spring!

Jake,
don't know about the cabin, but a neighbor will. His name is Henry Bedford and he is a member of the Will James Society. 406-947-5341.
He or his wife should be able to tell you more than you want to know about it. :wink:

Did you guys know Will James was as Canadian. French canadian at that. His homsestead shack is at Val Marie Sask. They have a small Will James museum In Val Marie. I was at a poetry gathering at Maple Creek and they had a seminar on Will James, done by a member of the Society and a fellow from Billings was there that knew Will. He used to set pins in a bowling alley and eat at a cafe next door that Will was at alot in his later years.. My oldest daughter had taken quite a interest in his story.

Thanks sw!

I will write the number down, so if I get a minute to get over that way, I plan to give them a call. Doesn't look like haying will last all summer here, so I probably will have some time. :!: We bought part of our ranch here in '99 and we hayed the hayground on it once and a half times since then. :mad: I suppose it keeps our equipment in good condition when we don't use it.

Thanks again.

the real jake said:
Thanks sw!

I will write the number down, so if I get a minute to get over that way, I plan to give them a call. Doesn't look like haying will last all summer here, so I probably will have some time. :!: We bought part of our ranch here in '99 and we hayed the hayground on it once and a half times since then. :mad: I suppose it keeps our equipment in good condition when we don't use it.

Thanks again.

Hey, Real Jake,

Come out this way and visit!!!

:D

Sorry about the haying, though. I hope it works so we can get haying done. I'm afraid to complain and shut it off!

Latest posts