• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will the Border be Blockaded?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
OT,

What good will that be to increase the R-calf members if you can't win a court case to keep our cattle out? There will not be as many live cattle moving south as there was before the border closed so why worry so hard?

MR- The Canadian Border and BSE is only one of the many issues R-CALF has been working on-- I know to Canadians it seems the only cause...I still think the big issue for R-CALF is to get M-COOL going, so that our beef can be identified and promoted-- both Canadian or US- especially in the years to come when the Packers start pouring in more of the cheaper Australian, Central and South American beef and cattle and pass them off as a US product...

One of the main reasons I lost faith with NCBA- I could not support an organization that backs promoting a fraud like that against both producers and consumers.....

It's sad but true that American's aren't as aware of the rest of the world-I post on the Realtree site alot and it's amazing how many don't even know wheere the states are in relation to each other let alone where Canada is. You'd think a hunting site would be different but it's not. I won a very tasty bottle of whiskey betting my Wyoming buddy I could name the 50 states but he couldn't name the provinces. He was doing good till he drawled out Albertaaaa,Saaaaaaaaaskatchewan then PRINCE ALBERT-I've never heard of that one lol. Not saying you can't invade anybody you want but good luck finding the average joe down there who can find it on the map. Just a nature tidbit the crows are migrating wayyyyyyyyy east before going south seems like the R-Calfers have eaten just about all there is in the west.

Northern Rancher said:
It's sad but true that American's aren't as aware of the rest of the world-I post on the Realtree site alot and it's amazing how many don't even know wheere the states are in relation to each other let alone where Canada is. You'd think a hunting site would be different but it's not. I won a very tasty bottle of whiskey betting my Wyoming buddy I could name the 50 states but he couldn't name the provinces. He was doing good till he drawled out Albertaaaa,Saaaaaaaaaskatchewan then PRINCE ALBERT-I've never heard of that one lol. Not saying you can't invade anybody you want but good luck finding the average joe down there who can find it on the map. Just a nature tidbit the crows are migrating wayyyyyyyyy east before going south seems like the R-Calfers have eaten just about all there is in the west.

Then why not go back to realtree,where your insults are more acceptable,you truly are wasted space..............good luck & good bye

I don't think NR meant it as an insult Haymaker. I think it is true that there is a general lack of knowledge in the US of your friends and neighbours geography and history. Rather than shooting the messanger maybe some thoughts as to why that is or isn't true might be in order.
Just curious, how much Canadian history is taught in US schools? When I was in school we were taught that you couldn't properly understand the history of Canada without learning some US history, and viceversa. But I don't think any of my American friends could tell me what beach Canada landed on on D-day or what province Charlottetown is in. To me that is not a knock against them personally, rather a knock against the system.

disclaimer: this post is in no way anti-american in nature or intent. No offence was intended in whole or in part to anyone American. No Americans were hurt in the making of this post.

redriver- "Inbred Mike from Alabama,
Truth hurts I guess."

OOOOOH!!! Good one there, Rump-ranger!!! I'll bet nobody from the South has ever been subjected to an 'inbred hillbilly' joke before. :roll:
You are just way too clever. :roll:

Silver said:
I don't think NR meant it as an insult Haymaker. I think it is true that there is a general lack of knowledge in the US of your friends and neighbours geography and history. Rather than shooting the messanger maybe some thoughts as to why that is or isn't true might be in order.
Just curious, how much Canadian history is taught in US schools? When I was in school we were taught that you couldn't properly understand the history of Canada without learning some US history, and viceversa. But I don't think any of my American friends could tell me what beach Canada landed on on D-day or what province Charlottetown is in. To me that is not a knock against them personally, rather a knock against the system.

disclaimer: this post is in no way anti-american in nature or intent. No offence was intended in whole or in part to anyone American. No Americans were hurt in the making of this post.

I agree silver,I could'nt tell you how much Canadian history is taught in the present school system my bet is not much.I dont claim to be educated never took to schooling like some ,I went to work as a kid and been working ever since,so I know next to nothing about Canadians,never even seen one I reckon they are like most ,some good and some bad I have always wanted to go to Canada see for myself what it looked like,there are some mighty fine Canadian ranchers on this site and there are some that are more insult than anything else............good luck

Silver said:

The Canadians landed at Juno- but I don't know where Charlottetown is- might be like the US where there are about 25 Charlottes and Charlestowns...I knew Juno because I am a history buff and especially World War 2 History....

I agree their is not enough history taught- many of the actions and feuds taking place now around the world date back to actions that took place 100- 500- 1000 years ago.....

Silver- "I think it is true that there is a general lack of knowledge in the US of your friends and neighbours geography and history. "

I don't know how true that is, Silver......here's why....

I worked on the Alaska highway in the '90's,straightening, widening etc.
We were getting between 600 and 800 vehicles a day through our jobsites.(the flag-girls were counting). Most of them had US plates ; virtually every state.
In talking to some of these folks I found that some had travelled across Canada and the US and were very knowledgable about geography. Nice people,too.
I also worked with an older gentleman from Texas in the '80's. He had been a trucker most of his life and had semi-retired and had even owned some kind of lodge north of Edmonton, Ab. at one time. Super great guy and knew more about the world than I did.
I don't know how much Americans do or don't know about Canada.But I do know that the perception that none of them know anything is simply not true. :)

TimH said:
Silver- "I think it is true that there is a general lack of knowledge in the US of your friends and neighbours geography and history. "

I don't know how true that is, Silver......here's why....

I worked on the Alaska highway in the '90's,straightening, widening etc.
We were getting between 600 and 800 vehicles a day through our jobsites.(the flag-girls were counting). Most of them had US plates ; virtually every state.
In talking to some of these folks I found that some had travelled across Canada and the US and were very knowledgable about geography. Nice people,too.
I also worked with an older gentleman from Texas in the '80's. He had been a trucker most of his life and had semi-retired and had even owned some kind of lodge north of Edmonton, Ab. at one time. Super great guy and knew more about the world than I did.
I don't know how much Americans do or don't know about Canada.But I do know that the perception that none of them know anything is simply not true. :)

I don't know about that, Tim. I'm inclined to agree with Silver on this one. In my travels, I've found that more folks than not (educated folks) would ask me where Nebraska was. That question often times was followed with a serious query on roaming buffalo and Indians living in teepees.

OT: "But people will remember how good prices were while the border was open--That is a tangible they can see and touch (cash in hand)- not only the producers, but the businessmen that depend on good Ag prices and Ag economy to survive- those that actually in the last couple years finally sold new trucks, equipment and machinery for the first time in years...."IF" the border opens and stays open- and cattle prices keep dropping and remain depressed for any period you will see R-CALF's numbers and backing increasing at two fold the rate they have been....."

Had R-CULT won?

HEADLINES:

9TH CIRCUIT COURT UPHOLDS CATTLEMEN'S ORGANIZATION POSITION THAT HAVING BSE IN YOUR NATIVE HERD MAKES BEEF A "HIGH RISK" TO CONSUMERS.

Let's thank God we don't have to deal with the reprecussions of R-CULT's incredible stupidity!

~SH~

or;

NINTH CIRCUIT UPHOLDS CATTLEMEN'S POSITION THAT USDA FAILED TO DO REQUIRED DUE DILIGENCE IN REOPENING BORDER.

Sandman: "NINTH CIRCUIT UPHOLDS CATTLEMEN'S POSITION THAT USDA FAILED TO DO REQUIRED DUE DILIGENCE IN REOPENING BORDER."

DUE DILIGENCE DEFINED AS ANY STALL TACTIC R-CULT COULD PULL OUT OF THEIR HATS TO STOP CANADIAN IMPORTS.

Yeh, I woudn't address the double standard of BSE in a country's native herds either if I was you.

Stay in your comfort zone!

~SH~

This has nothing to do with history or geography. Some people are simple minded enough to equate the actions of a few with the population as a whole. First thing you know, from these simpleton's perspective, the whole country, state, province, or county is placed in the category with the minority.

When redriver, rump-ranger, bedwetter, re-drivel, or whatever you want to call him stepped into this room.......he-she-or whatever???was intent on insulting and degrading each and every person below the 49th. Period.

When chastised by (his?) countrymen, he turned on them, showing the true colors of a cannibal.

Now if you want to blame it on the schools or system go ahead. But I think there are misfits in every walk of life who will always blame others for their misfortunes, instead of trying to fix the problems generated by and in their locality.

Mike: "But I think there are misfits in every walk of life who will always blame others for their misfortunes, instead of trying to fix the problems generated by and in their locality."

Spoken like a true non R-CALF member!

Blame NCBA
Blame the checkoff
Blame USDA
Blame imports
Blame GIPSA
Blame the 9th circuit
Blame the packers
Blame the retailers
Blame the Bush Administration

Now which cattlemen's organization does that?

~SH~

Blame R-CALF
Blame Callicrate
Blame R-CALF
Blame Cebull
Blame R-CALF
Blame OCM
Blame R-CALF
Blame LMA
Blame R-CALF
Blame Pickett
Blame R-CALF

Now who is the individual on this board who blames the above while at the same tie calling others "blamers"? :lol: :lol:

You're obviously too dense to even know the definition of blame.

Pointing out the truth about R-CULT/OCM/LMA lies is hardly blame.

Making up fabricated bullsh*t to blame for lower cattle prices like you do is blame!

~SH~

Latest posts