• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will the Real Tea Party Stand Up

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Just like 2008- the Repubs are already splitting apart-- with the old line Repubs splitting from the Tea Party- and now those that call themselves the Tea Party even splitting apart...

So who is the real Tea Party :???: And is censorship and remaining ignorant to what candidates are saying part of the Party platform :???:

Posted at 12:18 PM ET, 08/31/2011
Tea party groups split over Romney speech
By Rachel Weiner

FreedomWorks is pulling out of a nationwide bus tour led by Tea Party Express over the inclusion of 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney as a speaker, saying the group cannot endorse any event where the former Massachusetts governor speaks.

FreedomWorks also took issue with an earlier speech by Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah.).

The split signifies a growing divide between two groups that represent the 'establishment' of the tea party movement.

FreedomWorks was founded by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-Texas) and Tea Party Express was launched by longtime California GOP operative Sal Russo. Neither group shied away from backing insurgent challengers against longtime Republicans in 2010.

But Tea Party Express is a more conventional political action committee. The group is co-sponsoring a debate with CNN; it held a town hall at the National Press Club earlier this year. FreedomWorks, however, has positioned itself as a member-driven organization that will not lend its clout to anyone grassroots supporters deem too moderate.

"Our attitude has always been to keep our rallies open to everyone," said Russo. "We even let opponents to our endorsed candidates speak. Unfortunately, some people like to feed the false image that the tea party movement is narrow-minded."

A number of tea party groups are planning to join the Romney protest. According to New Hampshire Liberty Caucus Chairman Andrew Hemingway, the The Lakes Region Tea Party, the Raymond Tea Party, and the Granite State Patriots are all participating.

Other activists see both groups as outsiders to the movement. "They just hijacked the name," said Jane Aitken of the Coalition of New Hampshire Taxpayers, adding that "FreedomWorks isn't one of us either."

And some said they were happy to see Romney speak, although they would balk at any group who endorsed him. "I'll go listen to anybody," said Skip Murphy, a local radio host who posts videos of candidate appearances on his blog, GraniteGrok.

The 30-city "Reclaiming America" bus tour started in Napa, Calif., and is slated to land in Tampa, Fla., on Sept. 12 in time for the CNN/Tea Party Express Republican debate.

The tour is focusing on early primary states and will host speeches by 2012 presidential contenders Romney, Michele Bachmann and potential candidate Sarah Palin.

But not only is FreedomWorks — which announced its support of the tour on Aug. 27 and has been helping turn out people for events — withdrawing support, the group will protest outside Romney's Sept. 4 speech in Concord, N.H.

"We just can't promote an event where Mitt Romney is speaking at a tea party rally," said Brendan Steinhauser, the federal and state campaigns director at FreedomWorks. "He's the antithesis of what we stand for."

"Folks in New England are thanking us," Steinhauser said, explaining that the group is more in tune with grassroots activists, who support the move.

The group opposes Romney for the universal health-care legislation he implemented in Massachusetts, but also out of a general sense that the candidate is inauthentic and can't be trusted. Romney has had little interaction with tea party groups until this point in the campaign and he is just now starting to court those activists.

A divide first opened up between FreedomWorks and the Tea Party Express over Hatch, who is expected to face a tough conservative challenge.

Russo is a former campaign consultant to the six-term senator. He invited Hatch to a tea party town hall earlier this year. In a January interview with National Review Online, Russo called Hatch "an original tea partier."

FreedomWorks considers Hatch one of their top 2012 targets, and it is working closely with activists in the state to defeat him.

Freedom Works' Steinhauser says the two groups could work together in the future. "This is about this tour, this event," he said. "But they're still friends, still part of this broader conservative movement."

The Tea Party is not really a party per se. It's simply a movement of ideals that are passed around between Conservatives.

When one group rejects a portion, another picks them up.

Been trying to tell you that all along, but you keep thinking they're a Political Party of Terrorists. :roll:

They sure busted things up in 2010, didn't they? :lol:

The Democrats are split at the moment also. The Blacks are complaining that Buckwheat isn't doing enough to help their cause and the run of the mill democrats are running for the hills. :lol: :lol:

OT, I am surprised you aren't a Tea Party member, as several of them are big supporters of Ron Paul, and Ron Paul is the grand father of the Tea Party. Last election, you said he was the man to vote for. Have you changed your views now?

BRG said:
OT, I am surprised you aren't a Tea Party member, as several of them are big supporters of Ron Paul, and Ron Paul is the grand father of the Tea Party. Last election, you said he was the man to vote for. Have you changed your views now?

Yep- and I still support the man to an extent-- altho I believe he is much more unelectable now than he was before because of his age...

But I belong to no cult-- and could never support the Tea Party because of what I've seen of the Montana groups/leadership that have been shown to include several former members/supporters of the Freemen, Posse Comitatus, CUT, Aryan Nations, or other bigoted hate groups, or groups that support overthrowal of the government-- have publicly supported violence and murder against gays, displayed racist material, and advocated and promoted laws that have many times been ruled unconstitutional... They go against everything I fought for for the 40 years I've been involved with L.E. and the Judicial system.. And I think many others in my area see the same...The only Tea Party "rally" here in town only had 12 people show up.... :roll:

Oldtimer said:
BRG said:

Yep- and I still support the man to an extent-- altho I believe he is much more unelectable now than he was before because of his age...

But I belong to no cult-- and could never support the Tea Party because of what I've seen of the Montana groups/leadership that have been shown to include several former members/supporters of the Freemen, Posse Comitatus, CUT, Aryan Nations, or other bigoted hate groups, have publicly supported violence and murder against gays, displayed racist material, and advocated and promoted laws that have many times been ruled unconstitutional... They go against everything I fought for for the 40 years I've been involved with L.E. and the Judicial system.. And I think many others in my area see the same...The only Tea Party "rally" here in town only had 12 people show up.... :roll:

Sorry OT, but you can't say that the tea Party has the same ideas of that of Freemen, Posse Comitatus, CUT and Aryan Nations. Yes some of those members may be part of the Tea Party, but that is few and far in between. In fact the Tea Party is more Mom and Pop businesses, ranchers, mechanics, etc, and not radical groups. I know several members, and not a singe one is a radical person. So calling the Tea Party names and radicals don't fly and is an insult as you are then putting down my friends and family and several others of the same.

BRG said:
Oldtimer said:
BRG said:

But I belong to no cult-- and could never support the Tea Party because of what I've seen of the Montana groups/leadership that have been shown to include several former members/supporters of the Freemen, Posse Comitatus, CUT, Aryan Nations, or other bigoted hate groups, have publicly supported violence and murder against gays, displayed racist material, and advocated and promoted laws that have many times been ruled unconstitutional... They go against everything I fought for for the 40 years I've been involved with L.E. and the Judicial system.. And I think many others in my area see the same...The only Tea Party "rally" here in town only had 12 people show up.... :roll:

Sorry OT, but you can't say that the tea Party has the same ideas of that of Freemen, Posse Comitatus, CUT and Aryan Nations. Yes some of those members may be part of the Tea Party, but that is few and far in between. In fact the Tea Party is more Mom and Pop businesses, ranchers, mechanics, etc, and not radical groups. I know several members, and not a singe one is a radical person. So calling the Tea Party names and radicals don't fly and is an insult as you are then putting down my friends and family and several others of the same.

Well if you followed the threads- I listed some of the key members/leaders that were former members/leaders of those groups-- and some of the type actions taken by them...

The Tea Party was supposed to mean "taxed enough already" and that was what they said their issue was- government growth and taxes...The radical right in Montana has gone far beyond that and made the Tea Party a promoter of their extremist beliefs- and they are the ones that seem to be the spokesmen/leadership of the Tea Party...
And I do not want to be associated with those types or that type of group...

Just reading the article shows the huge differences and splits in groups that call themselves "Tea Party"....
So you are a member of all those groups :???:

Then don't be associated with them, but also don't put them down and call them names.

The real Tea Party is not radical, just real people wanting the government to be realistic.

Robert Byrd was a bonified, card carrying Klansman, but we never heard you discounting the Democratic Party like you vilify the Tea Party.

You're a phony and a fake. Get over yourself. :roll:

Oldtimer said:
BRG said:
Oldtimer said:

Well if you followed the threads- I listed some of the key members/leaders that were former members/leaders of those groups-- and some of the type actions taken by them...

now how would you know anything about that if you only saw one TEA party and it was only 12 people??unless you are just regergitatingthe radical views of the extreme left
The Tea Party was supposed to mean "taxed enough already" and that was what they said their issue was- government growth and taxes...The radical right in Montana has gone far beyond that and made the Tea Party a promoter of their extremist beliefs-
What gives you the right to determine what is radical? you are so far left that almost everybody seems radical right of you, and what makes ther ideas extreme?? gosh I guess it's radical and extreme to expect ellected persons to keep their oath of office and to follow the Constitution Huh!
and they are the ones that seem to be the spokesmen/leadership of the Tea Party...

yep the leader of our group might whack you with her childs binky or something dangerous like that
And I do not want to be associated with those types or that type of group...

farmers, ranchers, businessmen, housewives,retired folks, that is what is in our TEAparty group, but that is ok we don't associate with hate filled bigots like you!
Just reading the article shows the huge differences and splits in groups that call themselves "Tea Party"....
So you are a member of all those groups :???:

I could never be a member of the cop cult.

SANTA FE, N.M. — Surveillance footage caught an officer having sex on top of a car while in uniform in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Santa Fe Police have not released the name of the officer but claim they are investigating the matter

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/cop-having-sex-on-cop-car/

Getting verrrrry interrrresting!! Maybe if a guy goes to a Tea Party rally you could watch a real Cat fight break out !!!! :roll: :lol:

I thought they both had a lot in common- spoke in tongues and dabbled in witchcraft/witchdoctors....

After confusion, Palin back on the program for Iowa rally
By: CNN Political Reporter Peter Hamby

Des Moines, Iowa (CNN) – She's in again.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is set to appear at a tea party rally in Iowa Saturday, a source close to Palin told CNN.

And Christine O'Donnell is out (again),
the source said.

Palin had initially accepted an invitation to speak at the Saturday's "Restoring America Event" in Indianola, an event that generated national buzz as Palin approaches a final decision about whether to run for president.

But members of Palin's staff indicated Wednesday that her appearance was being put "on hold" due to "planning issues" and concerns that the group behind the event, Tea Party of America, was being "dishonest" about the speaking program.

After the confusion, rally organizers "stepped up their game today" and "sorted out" various logistical issues that had concerned the governor's aides, the Palin source told CNN Wednesday afternoon.

The source said event organizers had been sending them "mixed messages" about the program - including the question of whether O'Donnell, the former Delaware Senate candidate whom Palin endorsed in 2010, would participate.

O'Donnell was, for the second time in 48 hours, removed from the program Wednesday afternoon.

Representatives for O'Donnell did not respond to CNN's requests for comment Wednesday, but Ken Crow, one of the rally organizers, told the Des Moines Register that he dis-invited O'Donnell at the Palin camp's request.

The Palin source said O'Donnell's representatives misled the tea party group about the extent of the governor's relationship with O'Donnell.

Larrry said:
I could never be a member of the cop cult.

SANTA FE, N.M. — Surveillance footage caught an officer having sex on top of a car while in uniform in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Santa Fe Police have not released the name of the officer but claim they are investigating the matter

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/cop-having-sex-on-cop-car/

:wink:

Oldtimer said:
Getting verrrrry interrrresting!! Maybe if a guy goes to a Tea Party rally you could watch a real Cat fight break out !!!! :roll: :lol:

I thought they both had a lot in common- spoke in tongues and dabbled in witchcraft/witchdoctors....

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is set to appear at a tea party rally in Iowa Saturday, a source close to Palin told CNN.

the source said.

Palin had initially accepted an invitation to speak at the Saturday's "Restoring America Event" in Indianola, an event that generated national buzz as Palin approaches a final decision about whether to run for president.

But members of Palin's staff indicated Wednesday that her appearance was being put "on hold" due to "planning issues" and concerns that the group behind the event, Tea Party of America, was being "dishonest" about the speaking program.

After the confusion, rally organizers "stepped up their game today" and "sorted out" various logistical issues that had concerned the governor's aides, the Palin source told CNN Wednesday afternoon.

The source said event organizers had been sending them "mixed messages" about the program - including the question of whether O'Donnell, the former Delaware Senate candidate whom Palin endorsed in 2010, would participate.

O'Donnell was, for the second time in 48 hours, removed from the program Wednesday afternoon.

Representatives for O'Donnell did not respond to CNN's requests for comment Wednesday, but Ken Crow, one of the rally organizers, told the Des Moines Register that he dis-invited O'Donnell at the Palin camp's request.

The Palin source said O'Donnell's representatives misled the tea party group about the extent of the governor's relationship with O'Donnell.

WWJD?
Slander? or should I say since its written, Libel?
Abusive or insulting name calling?
Bearing false witness?
Insinuating?

The attacking of average citizens is a marxist WH strategy to marginalize them from the debate.

It won't work, and will more than likely segregate obama from the voting public.

OT has attached his horses to a losing strategy.

OT considers his fellow citizens, TERRRORISTS, because their beliefs are different than his. He does not believe in free speech, if it disagrees with his opinions.

He's a Bigot

Tell us agian OT which Ranchers.net members were sexually harassing other members?

Oldtimer said:

the source said.

Evidently you either didn't hear me before or you are ignoring me.

If you don't want to be associated with the Tea Party for different reasons, then don't, but also don't put them down and call them names, because you don't agree with them.

The real Tea Party is not radical, just real people wanting the government to be realistic.

Oldtimer still has not learned that one or two bad apples does not ruin the whole basket, He wastes oxygen just spouting his HATE with out even thinking what he is saying,

Larrry said:
Unless you are a leftwingernut then the more bad apples you have the better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Guess oldtimer has a whole basket of them hidden in his closet

Latest posts