• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WILL YOU HELP THESE KIDS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Subject: Fw: Fw: Help Linda, please!

[email protected]>
To: "Mike Callicrate" <[email protected]>, "Stumo OCM" <[email protected]>, "Fred Stokes" <[email protected]>, "Doug Zalesky" <[email protected]>, "Tom F Spencer" <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:09:20 -0700
Subject: Fw: Help Linda, please!
Message-ID: <001101c52be5$9fb4f970$569ce404@homeoffice>

Please circulate this to your email lists. Through a tragic accident, four young Montana children have been orphaned and Linda Grosskopf has taken on the financial "adoption" of these kids. Any help is greatly appreciated. While we all tend to get caught up in the day to day issues of our lives and businesses, these kids have a completely different set of needs that we can help fulfill. Here's the story:

This is Linda Grosskopf¹s pet project. Please help her kick this email plea for help into the far corners of the USA by emailing it to everyone on your email list.

Won¹t you help?
There's no knowing and no understanding why Dustin and Kandi Koenig, both only 29 years old, were killed in a farm accident in rural eastern Montana on January 9. The accident happened when a large building panel fell on them. Their two older children discovered them when they went out to do chores. What a traumatic experience for those children, what a tragedy for the extended family, and what a loss to the entire community.
The children - Tina 11, Travis 9, Taylyn 7, and Terrell 4 - have the extreme good fortune of having two sets of loving grandparents living in the immediate area so that the children's lives can continue with as little disruption as possible, given the ghastly circumstances. However, the children need all of the help they can get, and so do the grandparents whose responsibility it is now to raise these four little ones. It will be one tough job... or, rather, four tough jobs.
My name is Linda Grosskopf. I am the editor of Agri-News, a weekly agriculture paper based in Billings, Mont. I have taken on the worthy project of raising a great big pile of money for these children. You can help alleviate some of the grandparents¹ financial burden if you¹d like to. Make your checks out to Koenig Children's Fund and send to me, Linda Grosskopf, at PO Box 30755, Billings, MT 59107. If you want to call me and make sure this cause is legitimate, my phone number is 406-259-5406. I would be happy to provide references.
As of March 22, I've received $28,100 from 262 households in 23 states - Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, & Wyoming!

It was great that you posted that, Haymaker. The accident happened right in our own back yard, more or less.

Tragic.

It is amazing what has been contributed so far through Linda's efforts.
American's are known as GIVERS when they hear of someone in need.
Thanks to Linda, more people have heard the cry for help and rose to the occasion.

I know the families of these kids and they are fine people and will be forever grateful. The kids still like to go over to the house and play, so they are keeping the property for the time being.

Latest posts