• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Windy in the Peace Country...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Grandad

Reaction score
Wild winds blew through here last night. Reports of gusts reaching 120 kilometers per hour. That converts to 74.5 miles per hour. Temperatures were well above freezing so the snow pack certainly shrank down a lot. Hopefully the deer will be able to forage on something other than my hay now. I watched the skies to see if Silver flew by, but didn't see him. He must have put some rocks in his pockets. :wink:

It hit here early this morning,and still hasn't let up yet.Power was out for most of the afternoon.

Grandad said:
Wild winds blew through here last night. Reports of gusts reaching 120 kilometers per hour. That converts to 74.5 miles per hour. Temperatures were well above freezing so the snow pack certainly shrank down a lot. Hopefully the deer will be able to forage on something other than my hay now. I watched the skies to see if Silver flew by, but didn't see him. He must have put some rocks in his pockets. :wink:

You didn't happen to see any of the hay I fed yesterday go by did you? Blew here pretty hard too.

It was 40 above at 6AM when I got up this morning... By the time I finished feeding it was 45... The wind blew 30-35 most the day with gusts to above 50... Sure melting the snow- but making for a skating rink too with the freezes every night..

But it was a beautiful day-- sorted off a few bred cows to haul in for tomorrows sale- and corralled the heifers to bangs vaccinate in the morning... Had to take off my bibs- and strip down to my woolen vest as spring fever was presenting visions in my mind... :wink:

I've lost track of how many windy days in a row we have had here in SD. I'm really sick of it and I don't have to be out in it...and I don't mean BREEZY days, I mean WINDY days!!...one good thing, we don't have snow and ice to contend with...so far anyway. If we got a little snow, it melts soon. Was 45 this morning and got up to 51 here today.

gcreekrch said:
Grandad said:

You didn't happen to see any of the hay I fed yesterday go by did you? Blew here pretty hard too.

No i didn't,but i watched my tubground pile of hay blow away!

We survived the wind, but the power has been out since yesterday and they say it won't be back on until tomorrow night at the earliest. My little genset is keeping us looked after though.... but just the necessities (some lights, the pellet stove, water, fridge, freezer and internet). :D

No wind here at 11:20 pm just filled the outdoor stove pretty quiet out tonight.

Justin said:
gusting to 60mph here.

:nod: 48 mph gusting to 64. The forecast keeps showing wind for days.......my brother-in-law at Alexander, ND says he's getting in a big box outside and when the box stops, he'll know he has arrived somewhere the wind isn't blowing.

Isn't this nuts.........blowing so hard for so long?

Faster horses said:
Justin said:
gusting to 60mph here.

:nod: 48 mph gusting to 64. The forecast keeps showing wind for days.......my brother-in-law at Alexander, ND says he's getting in a big box outside and when the box stops, he'll know he has arrived somewhere the wind isn't blowing.

Isn't this nuts.........blowing so hard for so long?

gusts in the mid 40 range this morning, it's dying down. :? :???: :wink:

Latest posts