• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

winter has arrived

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed, most everybody was putting out feed over the weekend ahead of the weather, won't be to many waterhole's opened before noon :)

gcreekrch, usualy does :) anybody I've met who wax's poetry about saddling up before sun up, usualy has'nt had to lately!

Per, yep anytime after -45 you can have trouble with propane freezing off, and thing's get brittle. Old timer's talk of -60, the coldest I have ever seen (so far :) was -54

Everbody want's to settle in at the end of the road by a nice little crick, but when your 3 to 5 degree's colder than most of your niegbor's........ :???:

Northern Rancher said:
Hayguy do you need any brass-I've got some kicking aroung gave about a 1,000 away a couple years back. I know it's crazy but I'm a bit paranoid about handloads-watching a 210 double drop tine mulie stroll across the trail while i tried to unstick a jam might have something to do with it lol. My buddy killed him so that's how come I know what he scored. I got a nice 175 the next day but he wasn't the Muy Grande.

thanx NR but i'm pretty well fixed for brass right now. i made it a rule along time ago to use only brass that has been fired in my gun, it seems to eliminate the problem you encountered. i do reload some of the larger calibres but mostly the smaller ones from .223 on down

Bruce said:
Soapweed, most everybody was putting out feed over the weekend ahead of the weather, won't be to many waterhole's opened before noon :)

gcreekrch, usualy does :) anybody I've met who wax's poetry about saddling up before sun up, usualy has'nt had to lately!

Per, yep anytime after -45 you can have trouble with propane freezing off, and thing's get brittle. Old timer's talk of -60, the coldest I have ever seen (so far :) was -54

Everbody want's to settle in at the end of the road by a nice little crick, but when your 3 to 5 degree's colder than most of your niegbor's........ :???:

I hear you about the building location. We also built at the end of the road nestled down on the creek. Sometimes it's 10 degrees colder than the neighbours.

But I figure if you haven't heard trees booming or heard the cow turds tinkle when kicked across the ground you haven't experienced winter.

I've seen it -63C, don't know what that is in foreignheit but I'm guessing damn cold. When you can spit in the air and it goes off like a fire cracker before it hits the ground it's too cold.

Only -38C this morning, I'll count my blessings.

Silver said:
Bruce said:

I hear you about the building location. We also built at the end of the road nestled down on the creek. Sometimes it's 10 degrees colder than the neighbours.

But I figure if you haven't heard trees booming or heard the cow turds tinkle when kicked across the ground you haven't experienced winter.

I've seen it -63C, don't know what that is in foreignheit but I'm guessing damn cold. When you can spit in the air and it goes off like a fire cracker before it hits the ground it's too cold.

Only -38C this morning, I'll count my blessings.

aaaggghhh...... but it's a dry cold....

-32 here this a.m. but very little wind, thank goodness

When it's that cold do the cows bunch up to keep warm, or just eat more? 32 above here this morning :)

gcreekrch said:
-55 at 3 AM, has warmed up to -50 now, maybe this little cold snap is ending. Forecast is low of -6 by Monday.

I guess I shouldn't even whine- only -25 here with 10-15 mph winds and a chill factor of about 50 Below...

This severe cold is supposed to hang on us for a couple of more days..

gcreekrch said:
Warm trend is here, it is only -30 this AM. :lol:

Snowing a little also.

Lot better here- Above zero all night- and up to 8 Above now- no wind...Supposed to be near 30 tomorrow-- and by mid next week they are predicting a Chinook and we could have temps near 40... :D

Latest posts