• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wire rope for electric fence

Help Support Ranchers.net:

This is a type of rope that has stainless steel wire braided into it. My foster son gave me a roll so I put it by the house. It has been up about 5 years and still looks great.

I have thought of using it all over to allow deer to see it but it is about 4 times as much as Hi tensil.

ropefence.jpg

Many of my fences are 4 strands of Hi tensil with the second from the top being ground. The book I got from galliger several years ago said in dry weather having a ground wire would keep the fence hot. I don't know but we put in several this way and the cattle, horses, dogs and hogs seem to believe in the fence.

groundedwire.jpg

I had a logger in and they harvested several trees. I guess they wanted a walnut that was over this fence so instead of going about 500' east and opening a gate they cut the fence and did not tell me. I found out when a school bus driver called and said cows were in the road - - -they had been in that fieldabout 2 months since the loggers and just got out. The loggers had shut that line off so when I checked the fence for strength it showed hot.

Bentsplice.jpg

It only took a few minutes to repair but I am pissed that they did it in the first place and secondly that they did not let me know.

fencefixed.jpg

I bend the ends of a splice back to make it stronger ( possibly just in my mind )

closeupsplice.jpg

Latest posts