• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Withers on Morgans

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
Well I said that I was gonna do it! Anyway these pictures leave a lot to be desired but you'll get the idea. The bay is Lucas's reg. Morgan gelding he is 13 and a true all around horse. Luke heads off of him, takes him to the mountains well I could list what he can't do easier, he can't have colts or bred mares!!!
The other is Lukes reg. Morgan yrling gelding. I wanted to show that the size is their, these aren't tiny horses. The bay is 16.1 and the chestnut should end up around 16.
horses12-7008.jpg

horses12-7013.jpg

horses12-7014.jpg

He is smooth, he has a big lope. My husband is not to worried about keeping a horse collected so he could be a lot smoother if he kept his back up under him. My kids ride him bareback and the don't come flying off of him :)

HEEL FLY!!!!! What are you and Ben trying to do!!!!!! Quite showing em pictures of good using riding horses.. If they want to believe that all morgans have no withers let em believe it 8) It is imperative that we keep it a secret. We don't want the ranchers knowing there is nothing smoother that a good old Morgan. And for heavens sake don't tell everyone they can go all day! :D

Northern,
Morgans are really bumpy, just atrocious! Almost get bounced off at a walk and you should see what happens at a trot! The are also really mean and kind of dumb . I almost forgot they are really ugly too! You dont want to be seen on an ugly horse do you!!!!

Judith you crack me up. How are we ever to sell what we raise if we don't tell everyone how wonderful they are :???: :???:

Hmmm. Let me think the sales thing through.... How do you sell your babies, yet keep it a secret.... Not too sure about this. :)

Judith said:
t. We don't want the ranchers knowing there is nothing smoother that a good old Morgan. And for heavens sake don't tell everyone they can go all day! :D

, !!!

Except a Walking Horse :)

Northern, I LOVE Morgans. For my own personal riding horse I will definately be getting another. You just have to make sure you get the old type. The new generation of show horses can be a bit hot. I'm too old to have my teeth rattled out of my head and I hate having to swap horses half way through the day (when the lazy plugs havent even moved yet) Much rather have a horse I can sleep on but when called upon can go like dynamite. All of my endurance horses have had some Morgan in them.

Latest posts