• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wolf/Coyote Hybrid

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Just what we need! 8)

http://www.caledonianrecord.com/pages/local_news/story/fef373e9d
 

Jinglebob

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
5,962
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
Wonderful! Just peachy! Yeah, right!

After the holacaust(sp) if you could look around you would find a cockroach, a coyote and a cowboy, all in one form or another.

Been here since the beggining and will be here past anything else. :lol:
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
Thanks for the bad news :mad:
 

DOC HARRIS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft. Collins, CO
ranchwife said:
what were they thinking!!??????? :evil: :evil:
"What were they thinking!!???????" ranchwife - they were and are continuing to think the same stupid blathering bull-pucky that the Eastern (and everywhere else, for that matter) limp-wristed, hand clapping, orgasmic tree-hugging, dim-witted, University Professorially trained Liberal environmentalist, mentally deprived idiots have propounded for the last fifty plus years, and for which WE have paid our TAXES to perpetuate by hiring teachers and College professors to shove into the heads of the NEXT generation(s)! :shock: :mad: :twisted: :mad: . And this "Coywolf" crap is just a drop in the Freaking bucket! :roll: :evil: As I have said before on these posts: DON'T GET ME STARTED! :mad: DOC HARRIS
 

George

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
2,344
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
Is this another case of the city slickers coming to the real world and seeing "new things"

I don't know about you but in this area we have had a problem with coydogs as long as I can remember. Some of them are even slyer than the coyotes.
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Northern Rancher said:
ranchwife what was who thinking the coyote or the wolf lol.

I was wondering the same thing NR. But afterthought says they were both thinking, sex!
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
DOC HARRIS said:
ranchwife said:
what were they thinking!!??????? :evil: :evil:
"What were they thinking!!???????" ranchwife - they were and are continuing to think the same stupid blathering bull-pucky that the Eastern (and everywhere else, for that matter) limp-wristed, hand clapping, orgasmic tree-hugging, dim-witted, University Professorially trained Liberal environmentalist, mentally deprived idiots have propounded for the last fifty plus years, and for which WE have paid our TAXES to perpetuate by hiring teachers and College professors to shove into the heads of the NEXT generation(s)! :shock: :mad: :twisted: :mad: . And this "Coywolf" crap is just a drop in the Freaking bucket! :roll: :evil: As I have said before on these posts: DON'T GET ME STARTED! :mad: DOC HARRIS

are you absolutely positie you are not from around here!!?? :wink: You sound like so many others around here who are sick and tired of their very way of life being trampled on my city-slickers who have absolutely no idea what it takes to make a ranch run, yet they are always more than ready to give us their opinion on "how things should be"!! :x If ya ever wanna get the hubby's dander up, simply ask him his opinion on the yellowstone wolves....then sit back and watch the fireworks!! Still think (just IMHO, of course) that if these creatures were turned loose in central park or on the white house lawn, that things would be a whole lot different!! :wink:
 

Murgen

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario
Simple solution to this coywolf deal, would be to kill them all, and DNA them all to find out the extent of the problem. But wait, kill them all, and you don't have a problem, good solution, test them all!
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Murgen said:
Simple solution to this coywolf deal, would be to kill them all, and DNA them all to find out the extent of the problem. But wait, kill them all, and you don't have a problem, good solution, test them all!

Whoa, Murgen....you may be onto something there!!! I these darned things are indeed part wolf, does that mean the danged old things are also protected under the endangered species act????!! Could pose a problem for ranchers who shoot one thinking "coyote" and finding out different!!! Not good...not good AT ALL!!! :roll: :roll:
 

Northern Rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,247
Reaction score
0
Location
saskatchewan
It's funny we ranch in predator laden country and get along just fine-take a map of North America and go to Saskatchewan and look north-wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy north to the end of cattle-about 500 miles north of the 49th and we seem to get by just fine. I think it's a little wishful thinking to ranch in wild country and not expect some losses. Most yotes here seem to prefer tackling gophers to stealing a calf from my Angus cows. As for bears I've watched them drink at one end of the dugout while the cows were at the other. I guess if we killed of all the yotes,bears and wolves we'd never lose another calf but I'd think we'd lose in other areas.
 

Lulu

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
I'm new here. I'm in GA ...WAY WAY from your rancher guys BUT we've one BIG thing in common. ' Yotes!!! We're eat up with them here! And yes they are mixing with the neighbor's dogs here and what a mess!!

I'm in the mtns of GA and have raised Angus cattle all my life. We've a lot of hunters here and some do use dogs to run prey and when the dogs don't come home at times....some of them end up bred! Lots of people are keeping the pups! BAD BAD idea. These mixed critters are smart..I mean super smart but in the wrong ways!

Coyotes are NOT native here, they were brought in cause we had some " tree huggers" who pitched a hissy when they found out that some of the old aristocrats did fox hunts with dogs. Poor little fox...so in came the coyotes to replace the fox in the hunt. None of these nit whits realized how smart a 'yote is and they all got away.

We " remove", you get my drift, every one we see in the pastures and fields! So don't blame all Eastern people or label us all as idiots...some of us were rasied with some sense!
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Lulu, Welcome! I am just south and west of you in Montgomery, Alabama
We got lots of "yotes" also, with the first being seen around 1975. I question the fox hunters bringing them in. I have had game biologists tell me that the "State" brought them in to balance the deer population. Go figure?
Anyway, they are a pain!
 

Lulu

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
I think both, the wonderful " state" and fox hunters are to blame! To us it seems that the mix animal is worse than the pure coyote. The true coyotes do seem to stay bit wary of you but these mixes are brave!

Up here on the headwaters of the Chatt river, the " state" brought in beavers...get this...to control creek erosion from cattle! They--beavers-- made havoc on my creeks and it took 2 yrs to get 'rid' of them. It's not the cows causing erosion so much as it is all the development going on @ full blast!

Seems people cn't leave good enough alone...anywhere!
 

George

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
2,344
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
I don't know where the coyotes came from in central Indiana but the DNR put a good article in the Indianapolis Star a couple of years back. The state parks are being over run with deer and they planned a hunt to try to help.
All of the amimal rights people cryed that we needed to have as many deer now as when the Indians were here. What they did not know is that untill our govenor brought 2 bucks and 8 does from Misouris (sp) in 1835 and put them in a large fenced park. The deep snow came and the deer went over the fences and now we have thousands. I have heard that the coyotes were brought in to control the deer but I have no proof of that.
On a side note we have had 3 day deer hunts in the state parks for several years now and it seems the deer are gaining.
 

DOC HARRIS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft. Collins, CO
Lulu said:
I'm new here. I'm in GA ...WAY WAY from your rancher guys BUT we've one BIG thing in common. ' Yotes!!! We're eat up with them here! And yes they are mixing with the neighbor's dogs here and what a mess!!

I'm in the mtns of GA and have raised Angus cattle all my life. We've a lot of hunters here and some do use dogs to run prey and when the dogs don't come home at times....some of them end up bred! Lots of people are keeping the pups! BAD BAD idea. These mixed critters are smart..I mean super smart but in the wrong ways!

Coyotes are NOT native here, they were brought in cause we had some " tree huggers" who pitched a hissy when they found out that some of the old aristocrats did fox hunts with dogs. Poor little fox...so in came the coyotes to replace the fox in the hunt. None of these nit whits realized how smart a 'yote is and they all got away.

We " remove", you get my drift, every one we see in the pastures and fields! So don't blame all Eastern people or label us all as idiots...some of us were rasied with some sense!
Lulu - Welcome to the Boards! :D Your post here appears to represent someone who, indeed, sounds as if you were "raised with some sense". My reference to Eastern Idiots does not include the Agriculturally Aware Citizens of the United States! 8) It has been my experience that MOST "People of the Land" (Farmers, Ranchers, etc) understand the facts of life, that God endowed us with His Earth - to care for it - to protect it - to conserve it - WITHOUT human meddling to the point of UPSETTING His basic plan by being OVERPROTECTIVE. "They" say one must not Generalize - but I say MOST Ag people have 'common sense' pretty well in hand. Don't take offense too quickly, Lulu. I agree with you, as I think you will discover the majority of us on these Boards do! :wink:
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
Lulu said:
Up here on the headwaters of the Chatt river, the " state" brought in beavers...get this...to control creek erosion from cattle! They--beavers-- made havoc on my creeks and it took 2 yrs to get 'rid' of them. It's not the cows causing erosion so much as it is all the development going on @ full blast!

Seems people cn't leave good enough alone...anywhere!

I understand the problem of cattle and erosion, and erosion from people mowing lawns right up to the creek edge but I thought the water purity was improved by encouraging trees and shrubs to hold the bank edge. Wouldn't introducing beaver that chew down the trees do just the opposite?
 

Latest posts

Top