• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wolves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Wisconsintrapper

Reaction score
I'm looking for permission to trap wolves in Montana or Idaho… if anyone is having wolf problems in areas that are legally open to trap wolves in these to states… I would gladly come out and trap them… call or text 715-580-0527 thanks

Wolf trapping is certainly legal in Idaho. But I did hear something to the effect that it was only open for non residents who came from a state where wolf trapping is legal. We are only 30 miles from Idaho and are having wolf problems. I would check out the regulations before making the trip.

Wolf trapping is certainly legal in Idaho. But I did hear something to the effect that it was only open for non residents who came from a state where wolf trapping is legal. We are only 30 miles from Idaho and are having wolf problems. I would check out the regulations before making the trip.
Wisconsin allows wolf trapping but Idaho wolf trapping does not matter if the non resident state allows it or not… I have checked out the regulations just looking for some info on where areas wolves are at so when I do get out there half my scouting is done for me so I'm not wasting time looking for the wolves and if ranchers are having trouble I could help out thanks for the response

for idaho the reciprocity rule does not apply to wolf trapping, any nonresident can trap wolves, you do have to complete the wolf trapping course first

Wisconsin allows wolf trapping but Idaho wolf trapping does not matter if the non resident state allows it or not… I have checked out the regulations just looking for some info on where areas wolves are at so when I do get out there half my scouting is done for me so I'm not wasting time looking for the wolves and if ranchers are having trouble I could help out thanks for the response
Maybe that applied to the wolf bounty. Now that I think about it that was our subject of discussion. The Cattlemen's and some sportsmen groups got together and put up money for a bounty on wolves. Last I heard it was $1,000 and you get to keep the hide.

I can't think of one active person from Idaho on here. Contacting the Idaho Cattlemen Association might get you more results. Also realize that a huge amount of the land in Idaho is public land where you don't need permission to trap. I know there are wolves who cause problem in Washington and Adams counties in Idaho.

Last edited:
I'll be headed to Montana January 9th no specific are yet… if anyone would like wolves or coyotes trapped get ahold of me would gladly help out thanks

Latest posts