• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Womens rights

Help Support Ranchers.net:

This is sw, I won't carry on, I don't need to, you have all done a wonderful job, and Steve, welcome to the Taliban, I was thinking I was the only one on here that fit that description, except Denny of course. Maybe olsonl should go back and read the last discussion on this forum.
And BTW, Steve congrats on making lemonaide out of lemons, no wonder we tend to think alike. :!: :!:

I WAS GOING TO STAY OUT OF THIS,I MADE MYSELF CLEAR ON THE LAST POST ON THIS ISSUE,ABORTION IS WRONG.PERIOD!BUT AN ISSUE I'D LIKE TO ADDRESS,WHEN ONE LAW IS MADE IT DOMINOES INTO OTHER LAWS! YOU CANNOT AGREE TO ABORTION WITHOUT FIRST SAYING IT IS NOT A CHILD TILL BIRTH! RECENTLY IN CANADA,A HUSBAND MURDERED HIS WIFE WHO WAS 4 AND HALF MONTHS PREGNANT,BECAUSE OF OUR ABORTION LAW,THIS MAN IS ONLY CHARGED WITH ONE MURDER NOT THE TWO HE SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH,HIS WIFE AND HIS UNBORN CHILD! REMEMBER THAT NEXT TIME YOU SAY FREEDOM OF CHOICE,WHOS CHOICE????

olsonl wrote:
We dont need Bill Napoli or a bunch of western South Dakota hillbillies subjecting us to their extremist values.

I personally am thinking of taking our family vacation through or to South Dakota next year to show my appreciation and to look for spouses for my children. :lol:

Red Robin said:
olsonl wrote:
We dont need Bill Napoli or a bunch of western South Dakota hillbillies subjecting us to their extremist values.

I personally am thinking of taking our family vacation through or to South Dakota next year to show my appreciation and to look for spouses for my children. :lol:

ME TOO!

I hope this is a spring off point for more states to do the same. Bill Napoli has my utmost respect for this.

Martin Jr. said:
It's in the Declaration of Independence:

" We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalinable Rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness -- That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, "

Doesn't abortion take away these rights? Does the declaration mean nothing to the pro-abortion people? 8)
You are correct Martin Jr. I am an idiot but I am doing better with my children. I went home and asked my oldest two where the quote is found. They both quoted that part of the Declaration of Independence .

I hope this is a spring off point for more states to do the same. Bill Napoli has my utmost respect for this.

I'll be surprised if it's not overturned within a year...

Abortions have occurred since the dawn of time, whether "legal" or not. :( Legislation isn't the answer, education is.

Ok I gotta ask this.

First off...let's say ALL abortions become ILLEGAL. And like HMW said they have gone on forever and will go on regardless of the laws.

What do you propose to do with all the " backstreet" abortions that will occur under bad conditions, quack doctors and the health complications that will result??? Does the burden of these peoples care come under the goverment "welfare" programs supported by us tax payers?

See my point here is if it becomes illegal to do it in a sanitary supervised situation.....then a whole new set of heath issues open up and who will pay the bill???

Planned Parenthood needs to promote the correct type of birth control, not ABORTION. olsonl seems to have left, maybe she is being paid to bring up the subject then read all the arguing and take her "weighted" poll on what people think about abortion.
shameonyou.gif

Ok I gotta ask this.

First off...let's say ALL abortions become ILLEGAL. And like HMW said they have gone on forever and will go on regardless of the laws.

What do you propose to do with all the " backstreet" abortions that will occur under bad conditions, quack doctors and the health complications that will result??? Does the burden of these peoples care come under the goverment "welfare" programs supported by us tax payers?

See my point here is if it becomes illegal to do it in a sanitary supervised situation.....then a whole new set of heath issues open up and who will pay the bill???
I'd like to remind you that murder is also illegal and has been for years - and people still keep killing off other folks. Does that mean that murder should be made legal just because people are still going to commit them?

And why do I have to do anything about backstreet abortions, quack doctors and health complications?

The government is not obligated to bankroll illegal abortions any more than it is required to pay for injuries incurred by a murderer if he cuts himself while slitting my neighbor's throat. The only burden to the taxpayer is the cost of keeping the criminal in prison and that is a bill I don't mind paying, although I would rather see anyone taking the life of another having to pay for that life by forfeiting his own – and the sooner, the better.

stevec posted "Abortion is not murder. It may be akin to moral suicide, but there are lots of ways to commit moral suicide".

HOGWASH!!!!!

He also posted, "Murder is when someone kills someone else. A woman is simply deciding what she wants to do with her own body."

Utterly ridiculous!! A growing, LIVE baby in the womb is a SEPARATE entity, with a life! She kills that baby she is a MURDERER!! You seem to be a little off, stevec. :roll:

What is this garbage about "moral suicide"? Is this a phrase you pro abortionists use to excuse doing it?

Go to the website I posted on the first page. I have a feeling you won't,
you will be just like that animation of the ostrich's head in the ground with another looking for it. (Thanks, passin thru) Keep your head in the sand, then you can't see and no one can see you.

I found it, by passin thru. It says it quite eloquently

ostrich_looking.gif

From the moment of conception, the sex, hair color, eye color, etc. are already decided. It is not a plant, not a rabbit, but is human, by the time the woman knows she is pregnant, the small human takes on some human form. Abotion kills a human.

Back alley abortions would never return to what they were 50 years ago, they will have more knowledge of the procedure, and have better equipment.
As it is today with legal abortions, many patients are run through like an assembly line with no further observations, and many have suffered serious physical damage and even death.

If we outlaw abortions, what do we do with backstreet abortions?

In response to thaqt questioon I'd have to say, that most would just got to massachusetts or New York or some otyher, eastern or coastal "enlightened" liberal part of the country. We may be hicks our here, but we know when to call murder, murder and a spade a spade. When you kill an innocent human beinging, it is murder.

In some of the states and maybe the whole USA, if a pregnant mother is killed, they charge the accused,with two murders. So how do you figure that an unborn child is not a human? Seems to me the courts have determined that there are two, with that rule.

As far as a woman having the rights to her body, she has them just as a man does. You can swing your fist around in the air and that is fine until you hit another person in the nose, and then it is an attack.

A womans body has nothing to do with whether she should be allowed to kill her own offspring. As long as it's not born, you think it's ok. After it is born, it is murder. Doesn't make sense to me. Just admit you want to kill anyone who is a bother in your life.......................................................................................... Didn't think so.

Coward!

Well I applaud your laws Jinglebob,that is NOT what happens in Canada,when this young nurse was killed by her husband he was only charged with ONE murder because,our laws say a baby isn't a human until birth!Until recently we were Governed by a liberal government,hopefully things will change with the abortion laws in Canada!!

I do believe it is a woman's right to chose. I do support a woman having the right to decide what goes on with her body. In cases of incest and rape I do believe it should be an option for the victimized individual. I also believe it should be a choice when it could kill the mother to have the child or when couples find out there is something terribly wrong with the fetus and if born will not live a life other then a vegative state.

Working in the healthcare system I've seen babies sent home with parents that in no way will take care of them and nurture them yet won't let anyone else raise them through adoption. Is that fair to the child?
Just because someone is suddenly a parent doesn't make them a good parent.

Steve I was very impressed with your post.

I just wonder what do all of youthink of the morning after pill?

[quote Jinglebob]

A womans body has nothing to do with whether she should be allowed to kill her own offspring. As long as it's not born, you think it's ok. After it is born, it is murder. Doesn't make sense to me. Just admit you want to kill anyone who is a bother in your life.......................................................................................... Didn't think so.

I think you aren't looking at the lives some of these unwanted children live. Have you ever cared for a child brought in due to lack of care and lacerations and infected sores covering their body? Have you ever cared for a child that socially was retarded due to lack of nurturing? Have you ever cared for a child molested? Have you ever cared for a child starved out that then gorges themself scared of when the next meal will come? Have you ever cared for a child that was given drugs to sleep so it wouldn't be a bother and their little body will never grow in the way it should have? Have you ever cared for a child abused by the hand of the people that had reckless sex and in no way planned on being parents or had the capabilities? Some of these unwanted pregnancies get to live hell here on earth. Is that fair to innocent children?

Jinglebob Quote: When you kill an innocent human being it is murder.

Then what is it when you take away a child's innocence?

in the event of an unwanted pregnecy,who should become the judge of life?....could this baby be the one to cure cancer...or teach us things we never dreamed possible?.....to snuff out life becaused it becomes a 9 month bother seems to this writer to be some what harsh and extremly narrow minded.....life is what it is and thats life,who has the power to decide?...i think the arguement should lie in the thoughts of who should raise each unwanted child... Also It begs the question if it were the mothers lives they were taking because they were pregnent,would pro chioce still be an acceptable solution to unwanted pregnecy?

I don't believe this is about punishing women. Women are victims of this whole aboriton issue also. There are plenty of organizations to help pregnant women without resorting to abortion. Also many pro-life people that I know have offered assistance to pregnant women in need. There are also help organizations for women who have suffered from an abortion, such as Project Rachel, etc.

I think you aren't looking at the lives some of these unwanted children live. Have you ever cared for a child brought in due to lack of care and lacerations and infected sores covering their body? Have you ever cared for a child that socially was retarded due to lack of nurturing? Have you ever cared for a child molested? Have you ever cared for a child starved out that then gorges themself scared of when the next meal will come? Have you ever cared for a child that was given drugs to sleep so it wouldn't be a bother and their little body will never grow in the way it should have? Have you ever cared for a child abused by the hand of the people that had reckless sex and in no way planned on being parents or had the capabilities? Some of these unwanted pregnancies get to live hell here on earth. Is that fair to innocent children?
Yes I have. I teach these children EVERYDAY. I see these children fight for life with every ounch of strength they have. I have seen these children go from causing trouble to working hard and enjoying school and having hope. They may not go far in life or they may go on to college and come back to help their community. What brings about the change? Someone took an interest in one child. It might not be much other than a hug everyday.

I will give you a bit of history of one child. Born to a mother who was a prostitute did drugs, not sure which kinds since she did whatever she could get her hands on. After he was born went from one family members home to home. Was starved, beaten, used as drug mule,taught to steal and made to go in stores and steal. Watched as mother was beaten to death and then saw Auntie shot in a drive by. Has been molested by who knows how many people. Has been a behavior problem all his school life. Is on the verge of being placed in a special school for behavior problems. This childs eyes were DEAD~All hope had been stripped from him. What put light back in his eyes? A man took enough time to send in a picture of a calf. NO it was NOT me it was one of yall. He asked me if there really was a man who owned this calf and did he really send it to me for him. He said no man has ever taken the time to do something for me. He has had women do all kinds of things for him but the fact it was a MAN.

DO you not see the real PROBLEM its not that abortion would have kept him from all that pain. It is we have allowed adults to act like children and forget their responsiblities. Too many depend on "the system" to come in and fix things and take care of thier life. Too many males are walking away from their children. We have taught these children the solution to any problem is to get rid of it. We have devalued life to where you have to debate when life begins in order for you to count.

Can any of you look in that childs eyes and say your life would have been better had your mother gotten an abortion?
If you think you can pull up the picture and try.

stevec another example of you taking PART of a post and NOT the whole post and twist it.

Please explain how I can be a bigot? :shock:

His mother had been "helped" many many many times SHE DID NOT WANT IT. She wanted to be handed a check and food stamps and hand over her child.
Everyone has to grow up. If a person refuses to grow up you have to put hard love in effect. Well no you dont, if your a ward of the state cuz they willl not stop sending you money.
The vicious cycle has to stop somewhere.

Latest posts